2008-2010 [ZSP110]

Looking at the xD

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2010, 12:54 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by andrewjc
Can anyone with a manual comment on this?
Yes, I have a 5 speed and at 70mph is 3k rpms. That's why the corolla gets better highway (different trans).
Old 06-29-2010, 08:33 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Nateson
Yes, I have a 5 speed and at 70mph is 3k rpms. That's why the corolla gets better highway (different trans).
Sounds about right, noise is wind noise is pretty loud at 70+ MPH though compared to my old 99 maxima/98 civic I used to own but that has alot to do with tires as well I'm sure. Did you decide yet Andrew?
Old 06-29-2010, 12:15 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I'm on vacation right now so I have not been able to drive a manual xD yet. I'm leaning towards the xD but want to drive the Ford Fiesta and the Mazda 2.
Old 06-29-2010, 01:23 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I'm on vacation right now so I have not been able to drive a manual xD yet. I'm leaning towards the xD but want to drive the Ford Fiesta and the Mazda 2.
Take your time. No matter what the salesman says, time is on your side! You don't have to make the sale, just them.
Old 07-18-2010, 10:37 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Well I was finally able to drive a manual xD today! I was able to drive on the highway and secondary roads. I thought it was great much lower RPM's than the xA. The ride was smoother as well. The only thing was that the clutch pedal was lighter than the xA but I can get used to that. Unfortunately my wife was laid off so my plans are on hold for now. The dealer has offered some creative financing options but I'll have to wait an see.

Believe it or not I found some literature (a small card) promoting the the xD RS 1. If you are an RS 1 owner send me a PM and I can drop it in the mail. Thanks everyone for your help.
Old 07-26-2010, 11:53 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Well it's a done deal now! Tonight I purchased a Super White manual transmission. The dealer has to find the car so maybe I'll have it by the end of the week. Thanks everyone for all your help.
Old 07-27-2010, 01:18 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Well it's a done deal now! Tonight I purchased a Super White manual transmission. The dealer has to find the car so maybe I'll have it by the end of the week. Thanks everyone for all your help.
Cool.. Congrats..
Old 07-27-2010, 03:46 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Congrats, nice to see another super white owner.
Old 07-29-2010, 05:37 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Are the TRD springs worth it if I can get the dealer to install them for a good price?
Old 07-30-2010, 07:36 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Are the TRD springs worth it if I can get the dealer to install them for a good price?
Yes if you can get them for a good price. If the dealer tries to rape you (like mine did) just go with some after market brand.
Old 07-31-2010, 02:05 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Tomorrow I’m finally taking delivery of my xD. I’m planning on refusing GAP and will pass on the extended warranty. I definitely don’t need GAP insurance and the price on the extended is too high. They want $1300 for a 5yr 100,000 warranty. I am getting Venture shield installed to include the headlights. I got a good price on it so I’m happy. I’m also going to pich up a cabin filter and install it. Thanks mcbrew for posting the video! Still I am a little sad to see my xA go. Even more sad I have a pile of parts that did not get to install.