2008-2010 [ZSP110]

My auto-x results

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2009, 01:59 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default My auto-x results

placed 8th out of 27 for my class. Not bad for a stinky car with no aftermarket love

Old 05-10-2009, 02:11 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member

SL Member
Team ScioNRG

very cool
Old 05-10-2009, 02:15 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Holy crap. You had 27 cars in your class? Good work though... 8th out of that group isn't bad.

We're usually surprised if we get just 8 cars in one class (kind of rare).
Old 05-10-2009, 05:45 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by ack154
Holy crap. You had 27 cars in your class? Good work though... 8th out of that group isn't bad.

We're usually surprised if we get just 8 cars in one class (kind of rare).
yea i was surpised to but it was track day so it attracted a lot of ppl over the typical parking lot
Old 05-10-2009, 07:10 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Really? Nice! I went to a track event when I was in MO two months ago and it was pretty fun to watch.

Have you done auto-x before?
Old 05-10-2009, 08:10 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Awesome! Not bad at all.

What wheels/tires you running?
Old 05-10-2009, 09:03 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by ChelsDS
Really? Nice! I went to a track event when I was in MO two months ago and it was pretty fun to watch.

Have you done auto-x before?
First time. Planning on going a lot more

Felt a little outclassed by the hordes of bmws, evos, wrxs and miatas lol

I'm using Kumho Ecsta SPTs 235/40/17 on some 17x8s. I think I could have broke 90 if I had a few more runs.
Old 05-10-2009, 09:41 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

very nice
Old 05-11-2009, 06:01 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

good job
Old 05-21-2009, 07:28 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Sweet! My brother has a performance RS 1.0 tC and he has been trying to convince me to autocross my (automatic) xD... I was wondering how a D would do!
Old 05-21-2009, 08:55 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

No reason not to! It will only improve ur driving skills and help you learn the limits of your car. Nevermind its a butt load of fun from the adrenaline rush
Old 05-22-2009, 09:34 PM
Former Sponsor
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

That's awesome! way to track it!
Old 05-26-2009, 09:50 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I missed this post!

Good work!

What mods you had at the track? You have some wide tires, but I can't help think of how heavy that wheel/tire combo is. It could really be hurting your acceleration...

Also, the ecsta spt are good tires, but definitely not autoX material.

Some Azenis RT-615 or Star Specs or the new Kumho XS are really affordable and in another league compared to the SPT's. That alone would improve your times...

If you are planning to continue autoxing you can think of a dedicated wheels set.

225/45/15 tires on a 7.5-8" light weight rim would do wonders for you!

That tire size should also help you closing the gearing ratio, which would be another plus for auto xing

Did you drop some weight out of the car for the event? or were you carrying your back seats?

What's your front camber numbers? With some cheap camber bolts you can bring it down to almost -2deg.

Old 05-27-2009, 01:05 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Hehe thanks Castrex, your posts are always interesting and informative

My only mods were NST SSK which proved useless being trapped in 2nd gear the entire course, Grounding/Volt Stabilizer kit, helped steering response a little, axle back, probably negligible improvement to hp, and some megan racing chassis bars which i doubt really do much since theyre very cheap quality and i only put them on to prove a point to gt spec that their bars would fit the xD .

Yes my wheels are definately killing my low end @ 22lbs per. Theyre mostly for looks but I bought the tires to handle the track nice while still being able to get me home on a rainy day They did a very good job for street tires, very little problems with understeer. Im going to continue the rest of the year on my current set up. Just gonna build up my experience and go from there til i have more money.

Next year I plan on something like a set of 15" Rota Slipstreams and Kumho XSs.

Rear seats have to be in unless theres a rollcage. Me and my brother were late and we werent informed that u had to pre reg to even go to the event but they let us run anyway since a lot of ppl didnt show up so we didnt get the chance to really take out anything rushing around for registration and tech inspection. Going to remove the spare next time.

Im a little iffy on the camber bolts as its still my daily driver unless i could adjust them easily. Definately need a sway, theres so much body roll >.<

Thanks for the advice, love to hear more, your the best :D
Old 05-28-2009, 06:05 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

22Lbs per??? wow... yeah that is killing you!! But on the bright side... the look killer!

Yeap some 12 lbs Rotas and 225/45/15 sticky tires would make a world of difference... Remember, not only low end acceleration is hurt. Bracking and general handling is affected as well.

Regarding the SPT kumhos... those are great on the rain!! That is what I'm currently using (215/40/17)
Down here we have about 7-8 moths of rain so a good tire is important. I just love when it rains and I'm onthe highway... I feel very confident with these tires... people look at me like I was a maniac taking fast curves under the rain... but the car just grips!

For the summer I run the good ol Azenis RT615 Best bang for the buck!

You don't really a lot of mods to do well on the AutoX... just ask the Yaris peeps

Good tires, loose some weight, a good aligment a lots of driver tunning and you can easily beat stock STI's and vettes on a close course.

Oh and regarding the Camber Bolts... No Iffy feelings!

First, they are really easy to adjust.... But you don't really need to adjust them after you installed them..!

With -1.75 to -2.0 degrees you won't get any abnormal tire wear.

I'm at about -2 degrees that is the must I could pulled out of my car with the camber bolts and it actually help me get a better wear out of the tires!

I don't really a lot of straight highway driving... a lot of curves here... and before the camber bolts I was killing the outer side of my tires..
Now with the negative camber set up I have a very even wear!

You won't get abnormal wear unless you higher tha -2deg and you will need more than the bolts to do that.

The camber bolts are like $20 only at microimageonline.com

If anyone is having abnormal wear after using these camber bolts it would be because the Toe is out of spec... not because the camber.

Toe + neg camber = bad for tires!

Toe should be very close to zero on these cars...
Old 05-28-2009, 07:24 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

zefoxe, where in NY do you race?
There is jack squat here in western NY for auto-x type stuff, and i'm not really into the 1/8 mi drag thing. I would like to get into some autox, and i might be willing to drive to check it out. How much was your enttry fee? were there any prizes for winnners?
The bracing thread about some ultra racing products( https://www.scionlife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=259956 ) caught my eye. they look useful, but maybe castrex you could tell us which of the braces listed below would actually fit the D?
http://www.ultraracing.com.my/Bars.asp?ID=2671
Old 05-30-2009, 01:45 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Your way too far to come with me, we do it in NJ actually. I would check in the Binghamton region. Go to SCCA site and search up local events, look for SOLO events.
Moneys a little tight so I havent been able to pick up any of the braces yet, I know for a fact the front and center will fit. My only concerns would be for the fender bars to be honest.
Old 07-12-2009, 07:06 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Some videos of my runs on yesterday @ Englishtown

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mJAScB42pko
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rVrT9j-WNqk

After the 2nd Heat, I was in 4th place for the Novice Class and 1st in Novice ST
4th Heat got a little confusing because the course was altered 3 times by then because the lot was being ruined by us. I did have a 61 sec run in that heat though.

My competition included MR-2, Miatas, Civic Si's, GTI, etc.

Not bad for a economy car that has no potential according to a lot of ppl

EDIT: interior vids :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hdfztXXJSpQ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UtC-gr97aTE
Old 07-13-2009, 12:30 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

nice job! I like yer moves yo! Why were the videos so quiet though? I wanted to hear some engine roar!
Old 07-13-2009, 02:42 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

the instructions say to keep the mic on the camera low because of vibrations but I agree, next time i'll be using the hi setting

Quick Reply: My auto-x results