2008-2010 [ZSP110]

No more Beep when I lock it..

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2010, 02:49 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default No more Beep when I lock it..

So, starting today, my xD doesn't beep or flash when I lock it. It beeps twice and flashed like normal, when I in lock it.
It does lock when I press the lock button, just no beep and no flash of the lights.

I tried opening and closing each door and the hatch just to be sure. That didn't help.

Any ideas?

Last edited by MR_LUV; 12-21-2021 at 08:30 PM. Reason: Awarded 10 Yr Badge
Old 06-01-2010, 03:25 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

in valet mode? my viper on my truck can be set to silent, is it an oem keyless/alarm
Old 06-01-2010, 03:43 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Murphys_Law
in valet mode? my viper on my truck can be set to silent, is it an oem keyless/alarm
Sorry, let me add more details. Everything is stock. No alarm system. OEM key. I tried both key remotes and the same thing happens. Everything appears completely normal, except it does not flash/beep when it locks. It does double flas/double beep when unlocking. It just stopped doing it when locking. I can't find anything else out of p,ace, but i want to fix it. Something is wrong... It had beeped and flashed every time I lock it for the last year and a half. Now it has changed all of a sudden.

For what it is worth, it will still do the long beeeeeeeeeeep if I try to lock it when a door is open.
Old 06-01-2010, 04:36 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i dunno maybe the keyless entry still has a silent mode
Old 06-01-2010, 04:41 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Murphys_Law
i dunno maybe the keyless entry still has a silent mode
Well, it isn't all that silent, being that it still beeps and flashes when I unlock it. Something is up... Maybe I'll call Scion tomorrow if I can find some free time at work.
Old 06-01-2010, 12:46 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

my old xD did that for a bit. then it eventually worked again. not sure what caused it.
Old 06-01-2010, 02:27 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by JJGeneral1
my old xD did that for a bit. then it eventually worked again. not sure what caused it.
Funny you should mention that.

My car was still not beeping/flashing this morning. After getting to work, I had to go out and get stuff from my car three times. The third time, when I locked it, there was a bried pause, then it beeped and flashed! I unlocked it and locked it again, and it beeped and flashed like normal. I didn't do anything to the car. I opened a door and got something out... but that door has been opened and closed at least ten times in the last 24 hours, so I don't think that had anything to do with it.

Odd.... I'd still like to know what the heck was going on.
Old 06-01-2010, 02:33 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

check the dome light operation with the door buttons that turn on the light - that controls the door lock system since it monitors to see if the doors are open or closed by those push button switches.
Old 06-02-2010, 02:16 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Jan06xB
check the dome light operation with the door buttons that turn on the light - that controls the door lock system since it monitors to see if the doors are open or closed by those push button switches.
I was thinking along the same lines... But with the xD, if a door is open and you hit the lock button, you get a loooooooong annoying beep. I didn't get that, except for when I opened a door and tried it on purpose.

I have to chalk this up to "it fixed itself".
Old 06-02-2010, 07:01 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

mine does this occasionally. no visual/audible notice the car is locked other than hearing it lock. open and close the door thinking I didn't close the door. It worked again and has been fine since. Domelight has nothing to do with this issue. But i mentioned somewhere else the car a weird aura about it right now.
Old 06-06-2010, 05:12 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Mine does the same thing occasionally too - usually when this happens, the front passenger door gets "jammed" and won't open from the outside even when all other doors are unlocked and will open. After I open the door from inside the car and close it, it will beep/flash and go back to normal.

I've always blamed it on my wife, but last weekend the same thing happened to the rear driver's side door.
Old 06-06-2010, 05:36 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by GuitarJoe03
Mine does the same thing occasionally too - usually when this happens, the front passenger door gets "jammed" and won't open from the outside even when all other doors are unlocked and will open. After I open the door from inside the car and close it, it will beep/flash and go back to normal.

I've always blamed it on my wife, but last weekend the same thing happened to the rear driver's side door.
Strange! I would certainly take it in and have them look at it. I was annoyed enough that mine didn't beep. If doors weren't opening, it would be in for warranty work.
Old 08-05-2016, 12:26 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

I have a 2010 xB. I have been witnessing the same thing. Seemingly at random, the lock beep and light flash will not happen when locking the car with the remote. I've found that playing with the door sensor in my driver side rear door jam (pushing it all the way in a few times) solves the issue for a while. The thing is, it's not sensing that the door is open (the dome light would be on, and pressing the lock button would result in a long beep). It must not be a simple momentary switch like they used to be.......
Old 12-21-2021, 02:40 PM

Default Same issue

Starting today, (2021/12/21) My 2016 Scion iM decided to reduce its door lock/unlock volume till it's barely audible. I had to stand close to the hood to hear that there was still a very faint beep when I locked or unlocked it with the FOB. The lights would flash as normal (two flashes for unlocking and 1 flash for locking).

I have no idea what has changed but it's as if the volume for the beep was reduced to 1 or something.

Now I've taken a brief look at youtube to see if there are any solutions and they seem to be dependent on the fact that you have some screen with a ton of options. The Scion iM I have (2016) has dashboard options that are quite limited and a pioneer display screen that deals basically only with the car's sound system and has nothing to do with the car settings itself.

I'm thinking it's gotta be some Fob key combination I must have accidentally pressed while sitting in the car today. I can't for the life of me figure out what has changed between this morning and now...

Any advice would be appreciated.
Old 12-21-2021, 05:08 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Default Post an Update, since I completely Solved my issue..

I forgot that I even posted something here back in 2016....... I figure I should post an update, since I completely solved my issue.

I found that the seemingly random "lights flash/doors lock/NO BEEP" issue was because one door wasn't actually locking. The door lock actuator mechanism was failing to lock the door. The first time I discovered this was the case, it was my driver door.
I manually locked the door, and Voila! Subsequent attempts to make the actuator fail to lock the door were unsuccessful until a few days later when the same thing happened. I went on like this for a couple months until the frequency of the problem was too much, and I decided to fix it.

It seems the press of the lock button on the fob sends a lock command to all the locks. The beep only happens when ALL the locks have properly locked. Somehow, the car "knows", and doesn't beep if one fails to lock...

Now, on to the fix:
The door lock actuator will need to be replaced:

I found the part, but it was over $150, so I looked deeper, and found this:

Also, here's the link to the motor:

Amazon Amazon

I've since replaced the motor in the driver front and passenger front. My passenger rear fails about once a week now, so I know that's coming soon..

Hope this helps someone out there.

Last edited by MR_LUV; 12-21-2021 at 08:37 PM. Reason: Awarded 10 Yr Badge