Notices
Scion xD Owner's Lounge
2008-2010 [ZSP110]

Scion xD did not start this morning

Old 01-05-2016, 12:31 AM

Default Scion xD did not start this morning

I just bought this 09 xD in August and so far the tires have been leaky, the stereo took a crap, and now it wouldn't start this morning! I ran it for a minute yesterday to pull it out of the garage, but then it sat out all night and we got 3 inches of snow and it's been in the 20s all day.

No matter how much I cranked it, it would not start, just kinda turn over and almost started. I don't think it was battery because it had enough power to turn over and all the lights were fine. Tonight, my dad looked at it and had to hold the gas pedal down for it to start. I was supposed to get an oil change today (the first one that's free), so I guess I'll have them look at it... I'm thinking it has something to do with the fuel pump because it's such a tiny tank and it was half full today. I guess I'll just put the recommended oil (0w-20) in it, keep it full all winter, use heet to keep the fuel line from freezing, and make sure to run it every day. Any other suggestions?

My 1998 LeSabre was more reliable than this thing!
Old 02-14-2016, 04:30 AM

Concerning your audio cut-out, replace your bluetooth module. For whatever reason Toyota decided it would be bright to wire the head unit to the bluetooth unit then to the speakers. I had exactly the same problem when I bought my xD. Replaced the module and good as new.

As for your no start issue... I don't have the car in front of me so it's really hard to tell... Perform an oil change with proper oil (0W20). Perform an injection clean. Replace your air filter. If the problem persists, PM me and we'll look into it. What do you need for an engine to run? Air, fuel and spark... Remember, those are the basics.