2008-2010 [ZSP110]

Scion xD RS 2.0 Question

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2009, 12:08 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by kjenn62
The dealer had to bring one from another dealer for me. The one they were going to get isn't supposed to arrive until next month. Couldn't wait either. But now I learned a little while ago that it may be as late as monday to get my car.
Their working out the cash for clunkers. That was my down payment.

i know how that feels when i wanted my xD. i waited 2 months for a black or nautical blue one to be delivered from another dealer... i think i got dicked around a bit.
Old 07-25-2009, 01:22 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i saw the rs2 passing by the dealership. and thats seriously light green. should of gone similar to the rs xb green.
Old 07-25-2009, 02:03 AM

Wow....well sorry you have to wait until Monday. I have to wait until then too...and after these others said they had to wait up to 2 months...I'm beginning to wonder if mine will take longer? They're supposedly having to put 250 miles on it to get it here. I'm doing the cash for clunkers thing too....traded in my 96 grand jeep cherokee. It was a great vehicle....I had it 13 years and no major problems at all! Hope I can say the same for the new xD !
Old 07-25-2009, 02:30 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Name:  DSC08957.jpg
Views: 1150
Size:  94.9 KB
Old 07-25-2009, 02:30 AM
Pie
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by pariszhenpink
Wow....well sorry you have to wait until Monday. I have to wait until then too...and after these others said they had to wait up to 2 months...I'm beginning to wonder if mine will take longer? They're supposedly having to put 250 miles on it to get it here. I'm doing the cash for clunkers thing too....traded in my 96 grand jeep cherokee. It was a great vehicle....I had it 13 years and no major problems at all! Hope I can say the same for the new xD !
Nice. I was going to trade in my car because it qualified. However, some **** decided to add 1mpg to my car THIS week and now I don't qualify.
Old 07-25-2009, 11:48 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by pariszhenpink
they should be loading it onto a car hauler and not drive it. mine had 19 miles on it when i picked it up. and it came from supposedly across the state.
Old 07-25-2009, 04:39 PM

Yaye! I got my scion yesterday after all. She is sooo pretty. I was the first to do the cash for clunkers. So it took awhile at the dealer but oh so worth it. Hope you get yours soon!
Old 07-25-2009, 05:30 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

is there any quirks with cash for clunkers to keep you from going to the junk yard and buying a beater for $1000 that runs and turning it in for $4500?
Old 07-26-2009, 04:53 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

From the cars.gov faq page:

What will I need to bring to the dealer in order to participate in the program?

You should bring documentation establishing the identity of the person who currently owns the vehicle, preferably the title of the vehicle, and documentary proof that the vehicle “has been continuously insured consistent with the applicable State law and registered to the same owner for a period of not less than 1 year immediately prior to the trade-in.” The final rule will specify what types of documentation would be acceptable.
Old 07-26-2009, 11:02 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Your car needs to be under 25 years old, get less than 18mpg combined (check on www.cars.gov to verify) and have been registered and insured to you for at least a year. Bring in the title, insurance cards/bills from the past year, and registration/plates for the past year as well.

Also, don't let the dealership rip you off. They have to take off the 4500 BEFORE TAX! because it's a government rebate, not a "trade in" amount. When I bought my mother's car yesterday they tried to pull a fast one on me, but I'm not about to let $500 in taxes get tacked onto my bill.

Oh, and I got her a 2010 Corolla Le for 2g under MSRP 0% APR and $500 cash back :D When I say I got her I mean I got the price down and got the deal, she'll be paying off the remaining 12k

Edit: Also, in order to get the rebate your new car needs to have 4+MPG better for the $3500 or 10+mpg for the $4500. The rules are different if you're turning in a truck (a truck truck, not an SUV)
Old 07-27-2009, 02:08 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Rolled by my scion dealer today and saw a wasabi sittin out front, had the kids w/me and was on my way somewhere i had to be so i couldnt stop. maybe it'll b there tomorrow?
Old 07-28-2009, 08:19 PM

Default Wasabi Me!

Hey, Just purchased a Electric Wasabi XD myself! Don't have it in hand yet, the dealer had to find one in Florida fresh off the boat and hopefully It's on it's way to me right now. I'm bouncing off the walls waiting for it, my Wife and I really wanted the special edition green little beauty and held out at the dealer when they tried to make us a deal on a Blue XD. It was a nice ride in itself, but once we saw the Wasabi one we had to have it. I'll post pics once it gets here. (tomorrow, tomorrow...please let it get here tomorrow!)
Old 07-28-2009, 09:49 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

It's worth the wait... I had the choice of getting one in a day, but it would have over 300 miles on it, or waiting a week that was coming in to the dock. I waited and picked it up the day it came in on the truck. It had 4 miles on it when I picked it up.
Old 07-30-2009, 01:38 AM

Originally Posted by scionthebottomline
Hey, Just purchased a Electric Wasabi XD myself! Don't have it in hand yet, the dealer had to find one in Florida fresh off the boat and hopefully It's on it's way to me right now. I'm bouncing off the walls waiting for it, my Wife and I really wanted the special edition green little beauty and held out at the dealer when they tried to make us a deal on a Blue XD. It was a nice ride in itself, but once we saw the Wasabi one we had to have it. I'll post pics once it gets here. (tomorrow, tomorrow...please let it get here tomorrow!)
Trust me when I say it is worth waiting for. Got mine this past friday and keep going out to my driveway to check it out. The color is better in person. Congrats hope you get yours soon.
Old 07-30-2009, 02:08 PM

Just got mine 2 days ago. I love it, I occasionally find myself peeking out my window to look at it just sitting there lol. I need some rims though, not lovin the wheel covers. And an armrest would be great too. But otherwise, it's awesome. It replaced my 2008 Yaris which was totaled 2 months ago.
Old 07-31-2009, 01:25 AM

Smile Yes! Got it!

Got my XD today! They didn't get to it in time when it came off the boat in Florida and it went to a Dealer in Decatuer Georgia and someone there had to drive it up here. put some miles on my baby but hey it's here now!
I agree that the color does look a whole lot better in person and yes it does need an armrest. other than that I'm very happy right now!

Scion xD RS 2.0 Question-wasabi1.jpg

BTW my little green machine is 1305 of 1600.

Mike
Old 07-31-2009, 01:56 AM

Originally Posted by JJGeneral1
they should be loading it onto a car hauler and not drive it. mine had 19 miles on it when i picked it up. and it came from supposedly across the state.
Yes, you're right....my husband insisted they haul it....which kept me from getting it for several MORE days...and then it was supposed to come yesterday...but didn't get here until today and then it was a car from a different dealer! (so all the paperworkwe signed had the wrong vin number and we had to go sign all papers AGAIN) and ours had 180 miles on it already. But he said the other one that supposedly I was getting before would have had 500 miles on it....salesman said that its because I wanted the tracking control on it...and he said those were hard to come by? I've waited so long that I could have had a green one. Oh well....I insisted on taking it home today and told them I'd bring it back when all the options arrived for them to install. I swear, I didn't know it was so complicated buying a car nowadays! And THEN by the time we got home with the car they called and said we had to send additional information because the "clunkers" program was ending at midnight tonight! Wow! I guess the money ran out quick huh? I'm just HOPING that our dealership got all the info in tonight...they were so inept handling all of this! We went in 5x !!!!

Oh, and did I forget to mention....I LOVE IT? I LOVE DRIVING IT! I hope its REALLY MINE !! haha
Old 08-03-2009, 05:25 PM

Default xd release

Have 400 miles on my scion and so far so good. radio does require some study as the downloaded manual is about 200 pages. Well worth it. Audio system, hands free phone and navigation system are top shelf.
Old 08-03-2009, 06:55 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by scionthebottomline
Got my XD today! They didn't get to it in time when it came off the boat in Florida and it went to a Dealer in Decatuer Georgia and someone there had to drive it up here. put some miles on my baby but hey it's here now!
I agree that the color does look a whole lot better in person and yes it does need an armrest. other than that I'm very happy right now!

Attachment 27

BTW my little green machine is 1305 of 1600.

Mike
damn, gumetal looks good with green. nice choice. this color is gonna surprise alot of peeps i think. I want one now
Old 08-03-2009, 07:13 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

sounds like a couple of you guys are getting the stiff arm from your dealerships... I can get a couple of them to my dealership with under 80miles on them in one day...

Quick Reply: Scion xD RS 2.0 Question