Notices
Scion xD Owner's Lounge
2008-2010 [ZSP110]

thinking of buying a XD

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2008, 10:44 AM
SL Member

Default thinking of buying a XD

I really cant find anything I dont like about them, so I was wondering what everyones opinon was on theres.
Also If I wanted to order my scion with a body kit and have it painted could I? There was a used one (well it only had 400 miles on it person couldnt pay for it or something and brought it back) and it had a body kit, TRD springs, TRD 18" wheels, TRD exhaust, rear spoiler, and tinted windows all from the dealer. When I go to build my own on the scion website it doesnt list all these options.
thanks
Old 08-14-2008, 02:59 PM
Former Sponsor
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I've been quite happy with mine so far. The only gripe is that the seat height isn't adjustable. I have about 2" clearance from the roof, haha.

Those options are "dealer added accessories", so you can only add some on the Scion.com website. The pricing varies dealer to dealer for the TRD items since they are not regulated by the Scion Pure Pricing outline. The only consistantly priced item on your above list is the rear spoiler. Aside from that, check from dealer to dealer for their pricing on the other items.

Let everyone know where you're from. Based off that, hopefully we have a few people chime in which dealers are offering better service in your area.
Old 08-14-2008, 03:47 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Everything great so far. I think it’s the best car for this price and better than a few that cost a few thousand more. And of coarse most people on here would say that we own one. But look at the usual competitors the fit, vibe, Mazda 3 that Nissan one cant remember the name right now and the yaris
Remember if you get your car fully loaded like from the dealer your going to end up paying around and extra 100 to 150 dollars a month so just get it with what you cant wait to add on by youself later
Old 08-14-2008, 03:48 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

You're going to find a partisan crowd of scion xD lovers here, methinks. You'll also be able to learn about the few general (and relatively minor) gripes, like no center console, etc.

But yeah, I waited 4-5 weeks for mine and just took delivery this week... so far, I love this car. Of course, buying a Scion is sort of like joining a cult... which isn't necessarily a bad thing. :p
Old 08-14-2008, 07:22 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I bought one on a whim. At the time I thought it was a pretty cool car, and while I think it looks ok I am not a car guy. I have never had anything other than a 4x4 so this was a new experience for me. Although I like the car I still can't get used to driving something so low... The gas mileage is great with these cars so I will miss that but for me personally gas mileage is the only reason I still have it... I guess within the month I'm gonna try and sell it and if I can't I'm trading it in...... O well. The cult like gathering thing is cool if your into it. I have people approach me all the time about mine asking what I am going to do to it. But living in East TN mountains I just don't need it anymore so I have left it stock. It is cool though how many people are into this scene and car clubs so I would say you will have alot of fun with it. If ya like em so much might as well pull the trigger and get one. You only live once, but if ya want a used one I will hook you up!! lol. Good luck man.
Old 08-14-2008, 09:27 PM
SL Member

It seems that I can get a new one for the same price as a used one lol. I live in Jackson, TN but the dealer I like most is wolfchase toyota/scion in memphis.
As for buying a completly stock car and modding later.... Well personaly they are butt azz ugly stock, and I wont have $6000 cash to throw out there at adding stuff on the car. They seem to hold there value VERY VERy well.
Old 08-14-2008, 11:22 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

"Butt ugly" stock? I don't think so.
Old 08-14-2008, 11:43 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I find it amusing that people will buy cars on a whim. So many things wrong with that.
Old 08-15-2008, 03:55 AM
SL Member

on a whim? wow. well at least you picked a good car. i spent a year or so, looking , reading, test driving and finaly bought an xd. i have had it 2 weeks and like the car more each day!
Old 08-15-2008, 05:06 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Stop thinking and just buy it, and have the dealer order a 5axis kit for it
Old 08-15-2008, 10:15 AM
SL Member

yea now the only thing is..... I am upside down $5000 on my stupid trade!!! that sucks bad, might have to wait till spring....
Old 08-15-2008, 01:51 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by jbanderson
As for buying a completly stock car and modding later.... Well personaly they are butt azz ugly stock,
Old 08-15-2008, 02:56 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by cdyerkes
Originally Posted by jbanderson
As for buying a completly stock car and modding later.... Well personaly they are butt azz ugly stock,
Put a stock xD next to a stock Fit, Yaris, Aveo5, Versa... the xD is the belle of the ball, my friend.
Old 08-15-2008, 09:42 PM
SL Member

very true
Old 08-15-2008, 11:29 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I traded in my tC for the xD and while I do miss the speed and handling of the tC, I just love the xD! I do a LOT of driving since I work in the insurance industry, so the nicer, quieter ride is good. Plus it gets great gas mileage. It's a fun, quirky car, and I get people asking me about it all the time still!

I think my only gripe about the car is the fact that it only has an 11 gallon gas tank... but like I said I drive a LOT.
Old 08-27-2008, 11:00 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by ChelsDS
I find it amusing that people will buy cars on a whim. So many things wrong with that.
Well my 70 bronco gets 8 mpg, and my jeep gets about 14 mpg so when I needed to drive about 60+ miles a day I needed something fast... so I bought my scion on a "whim". I find it amusing that you have a negative opinion on everything... so many things wrong with that.