Notices
Scion xD Owner's Lounge
2008-2010 [ZSP110]
View Poll Results: Which do you think the xD will resemble?
Toyota Blade
70.59%
Toyota Auris
29.41%
Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

Toyota uses a blade to show new xD?

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2007, 10:18 PM
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by TheScionChef
Originally Posted by SactoGuy7654
THAT'S IT!! :D

It appears that the Scion xD is based on the Toyota Blade, given what we know from the descriptions of people who saw the xD at the Miami unveiling.
what?
NO IT IS NOT ... its crazy how all u guys that never saw the xD persumes they know what it looks like .. you all don't ... its a new car that has and will never be released besides the US so no one has the same design as the xD...you all should just wait until febuarry when they do the measurement thing with SEMA because a pic will probubly come from that... you all are making eachother be happy to what it could be and bashing Scion (under another topic an SL member was) and you all don't know what it looks like.... its kinda driven me nuts wishing i didn't know what the car looks like because i hate seeing people be so sure of something .... well everyones "picture" ideas..... that have been so wrong...

my opinion... everyone should just wait..... no one is giving this car justice... (ripping hair out of my head)

Okay there.......

:highhorsesmiley:
Old 01-01-2007, 10:25 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

sorry man its just nuts how people think they know something when its not... but atleast people are tryen... it was just driven me nuts for alittle bit but ... atleast people are tryen
Old 01-09-2007, 07:50 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

The new xA (xD, or whatever the hell) may have some similarities to all of these cars, but this car is going to be a US only car like the matrix...but it's not anymore like the matrix (R.I.P.) than the xA. It's also a little different than what peeps got a peek at in Miami (remember 5axis). Just remember the BBx compared to the xB when you think of the Miami cars. Yeah, the differences may be slight, but still different.. wait till later and be unimpressed when you see the real thing.
Old 01-18-2007, 12:27 AM
5 Year Member

Yes, the XD is a LOT cooler than what's here. But neither of the new cars are as cool as the original XB. I left Miami feeling a whole lot better about the fact that I don't need to trade in my XB because it will always be the best Scion. -- Take that XD drool boys!
Old 01-18-2007, 12:32 AM
ZTC
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by juicebox
I wasnt ther but maybe the xD is related closer to this.

[/code]
Its the Toyota Ractis.
aka the sunfish
http://www.earthwindow.com/mola.html
Old 01-19-2007, 04:52 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by ZTC
Originally Posted by juicebox
I wasnt ther but maybe the xD is related closer to this.

[/code]
Its the Toyota Ractis.
aka the sunfish
http://www.earthwindow.com/mola.html
oh man I laughed so hard my boss was wondering what I was laughing at... that was too good
Old 01-21-2007, 07:58 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

a car that small with an engine the size of a tC's with all weel drive would be quite the lil track monster.

Me being a tC driver am afraid to say that car would sadly sadly put me in my place.
Old 01-22-2007, 01:48 AM

Default I sat in an xD today.

I never heard of the xD until today. I went to a focus group as a Matrix owner. I saw a new Maxrix, a new xB and the xD. I got to sit in all three plus a few other cars from different companies. There was the new VW Rabbit a Dodge Caliber R/T and a Mazda 3. All were 5 door hatchbacks. I decided to show my wife pix of it, but there are none but a few sketches that were close. The Blade is not what it resembled. It was more like an xA but more "squarier" but not boxy like the xB. The new xB is nice. I may decide to get that when it comes out as it's bigger then the xD. Too bad they basicly frisked me and pat me down to make sure I had no cameras or cell phones to take pictures. There was a guy on the roof trying to take pictures but they found him and covered the xB and Matrixs rather quickly. I'm looking forward to purchacing a scion in 2008 if they look the same as I saw today.
Old 01-26-2007, 12:00 AM
bc
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Re: xd?

Originally Posted by scionmike05
miami winners where u at???? WE all no the xd def is not whats on here and we can say whatever we want yet we r not posting no's its a lil close resemblence but remember scion and toyota r 2 different companies under same manufaturer yes but y would a toyota look like a scion? lol if thats the case the scion wouldnt be a scion it would be a toyota a lil close yes but a big difference actually all miami winners do we agree??? the XD is wayyyy hotter plus biggr motor
FWIW - Scion is just a name for the US. The xA and xB are Toyota's in the rest of the world, just a different Toyota model.

This Blade is probably what the new Matrix will look like?
Old 01-27-2007, 12:24 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
ScionERA
SL Member

^^^ That's true, it (as well as the Auris) could be the next Matrix. Doubt it though, I would imagine that the Matrix/Vibe replacement would be a bit larger.