Notices
Scion xD Owner's Lounge
2008-2010 [ZSP110]

What changes would you like to see made to the xD?

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2011, 04:03 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Post What changes would you like to see made to the xD?

The car is approaching the five year mark so a refresh should be coming down the pipe in a year or so. What changes would you like to see done to the xD so it can keep up with the competition? These so changes have to be reasonable and will keep the xD in the same price range it is currently in...so no 250HP turbo charged ideas.

3. For me I would love to see the xD lighten up a bit by either making it a coupe or use a third hidden door like the RX8 and Velostar uses.

2. Increased power output, nothing crazy but add DI or some tuning tricks to give the car say an extra ten extra HP.

1. The most important upgrade IMO has to be the six speed auto/manual. Almost all of the xD's competition has a six speed transmission.
Old 10-06-2011, 06:01 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I say. 4 door hatch should stay like that.

160 hp

6spd

160 top end.

Plenty of potential

Like a 2zz ... but more torque
Old 10-06-2011, 06:37 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

In reality I see it DISCONTINUED just like the xA was when the xD replaced it. Scion makes it's most money with xB's and tC's anyway. I rarely even see an xD yet alone one even hooked up.

Besides all their attention will be focused on pushing the 2nd Gen tC more as well as the iQ, and FR-S this coming year.
Old 10-06-2011, 06:39 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

1. more room in the engine bay
2. trd options would be nice
3. another dome light in the back. that tiny light back there doesnt cut it for me
4. oem sub option and rear speakers that actually work >_>
5. who doesnt want moar power? modest obviously since the mpg is a big plus.
6. seat height adjustments lol. lumbar support would be great too.

all i can think of right now. never had a 6 spd. 5 seems to get me around fine, and with the traffic here its about as high as needed.
Old 10-06-2011, 06:45 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by DaReal
In reality I see it DISCONTINUED just like the xA was when the xD replaced it. Scion makes it's most money with xB's and tC's anyway. I rarely even see an xD yet alone one even hooked up.
all cars get discontinued. its already got a rs too so we know its still being made for another year. the better question would be what on earth could be the next evolution.

xA

to xD

to ???

Old 10-07-2011, 12:35 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

not too realistic.. 160 top end? thats ridiculous.. in an econobox..?
even if it had the power to go that fast.. doesnt mean it should.. takes more than power to go fast.. if you want to do it with control..

Originally Posted by xD_kidd91
I say. 4 door hatch should stay like that.

160 hp

6spd

160 top end.

Plenty of potential

Like a 2zz ... but more torque
Old 10-07-2011, 12:40 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by ThisorThatxD
all cars get discontinued. its already got a rs too so we know its still being made for another year. the better question would be what on earth could be the next evolution.

Not popular ones , the ones that sell.. Corvette going on 60 years, Mustang 50+. scion xD.... not long for this world..
Old 10-07-2011, 04:18 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by mikem53
Not popular ones , the ones that sell.. Corvette going on 60 years, Mustang 50+. scion xD.... not long for this world..
Only their names are carried from each model. Mustangs and Corvettes have changed numerous times. I like my little hatchback Corolla (basically), and I doubt they'll halt it's production anytime soon. It would be nice if it had a LSD, weighed less, and had taller highway gears.
Old 10-07-2011, 02:14 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by mikem53
not too realistic.. 160 top end? thats ridiculous.. in an econobox..?
even if it had the power to go that fast.. doesnt mean it should.. takes more than power to go fast.. if you want to do it with control..
im aware of that it isnt all about hp but that would be great base line. with plenty of room for potential. a lot of cars 4cyl run around 150hp. the xd is known to be an underpowered car.
so hows that not plausible? a celica gts can pulls that off.

corolla is a econ box too.... then they came out with the xrs.. 160hp. 6spd. red line 8k. 140 top end with the capability of going higher top end.

your turn.
Old 10-07-2011, 03:31 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

How about an optional sunroof, standard foglights or DRL's, change the tire size, should be more 215/55/16, make the trunk deeper, that's what I'd change.
Old 10-07-2011, 05:22 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

im aware of that it isnt all about hp but that would be great base line. with plenty of room for potential. a lot of cars 4cyl run around 150hp. the xd is known to be an underpowered car.

corolla is a econ box too.... then they came out with the xrs.. 160hp. 6spd. red line 8k. 140 top end with the capability of going higher top end.

your turn.
Cause maybe your not thinking this through very well? To make the xD go 160mph with 160HP you would need some spaced out gears which would cause the car to suffer on the low end. Even with the gearing set up correctly it will take forever and a day for the car to reach 160 MPH. Why would you setup a car that maybe 0.01% (being serious about that number) would even consider going that fast in anyway?
Old 10-07-2011, 05:50 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by CXTKRS1
Cause maybe your not thinking this through very well? To make the xD go 160mph with 160HP you would need some spaced out gears which would cause the car to suffer on the low end. Even with the gearing set up correctly it will take forever and a day for the car to reach 160 MPH. Why would you setup a car that maybe 0.01% (being serious about that number) would even consider going that fast in anyway?
Maybe.. your not thinking what ii just said very well.

I never said about 160hp going 160mph did I?
I'm aware of our gear ratios being spread out but the c60 trans. Executes well with very little lag and great top end.

Why would someone consider a car to go that fast? believe it or not. There's people out there that. There's cars out there today that do that standard *gasp!*
Did ii say ii want to go 160mph? No
But would ii like to know that it is capable of doing 160? Yes

All I'm saying is having those opinions ii have standard. Then there would be plently of potential and enjoyable stock.

So calm down. Smh lol

Last edited by xD_kidd91; 10-07-2011 at 06:02 PM.
Old 10-07-2011, 05:54 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Maybe.. your not thinking what ii just said very well.

I never said about 160hp going 160mph did I?
I'm aware of our gear ratios being spread out but the c60 trans. Is set pretty well that the car hardly lags and has good top end.

Why would someone consider a car to go that fast? believe it or not. There's people that do. There that do. There's cars out there today that do that *gasp!*
Did ii say ii want to go 160mph? No
But would ii like to know that it is capable of doing 160? Yes
Smh lol
LOL I love you the way you would like the second cheapest car in Toyota's fleet to be capable of 160 mph. Your heart is in the right place but the xD is the wrong car to pick for such a goal.
Old 10-07-2011, 06:09 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by CXTKRS1
LOL I love you the way you would like the second cheapest car in Toyota's fleet to be capable of 160 mph. Your heart is in the right place but the xD is the wrong car to pick for such a goal.
Well of course it costs to play. With any upgrades you and everyone is requesting in this thread. Of course the price will increase. More hp. Lsd standard. And so on..

Maybe next time be specific and mention prices being a factor.

A 2zz with a c60 xd would be ideal .
Old 10-07-2011, 07:44 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

comfier seats...these things suck on road trips
stock options such as black housing headlights, some type of different tail light, fogs, sunroof

one thing that would actually boost sales is AFTERMARKET SUPPORT. The xD is the red headed step child of the scion family. Most mods are DIY, aftermarket support is really lacking. People who want a 'tuner' car aren't going to buy the xD when mods for other cars are readily available.

just my 2 cents.
Old 10-08-2011, 02:53 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Maybe next time be specific and mention prices being a factor.
These so changes have to be reasonable and will keep the xD in the same price range it is currently in...so no 250HP turbo charged ideas.
Old 10-08-2011, 04:24 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Haha
Old 10-08-2011, 10:43 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

5/6spd. ~32/40 mpg. 1cm lower, 1inch wider. seat height adjust.
that's about it.
Old 10-09-2011, 01:01 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

your turn.
Maybe you think it's underpowered.. but the designers and manufacturer
don't think so.. It's not underpowered to achieve the mpg and load it was designed for.
You can polish a turd all you want... but in the end... it's still a turd..
If you want a quick car.. start with something thats up to the task.. not the xD.. The aftermarket world seems to agree with me as does Toyota..
Old 10-09-2011, 03:04 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I don't Think its underpowered but if they can add more power then that be better

Quick Reply: What changes would you like to see made to the xD?