Notices
Scion xD Owner's Lounge
2008-2010 [ZSP110]

xD's and mp3's

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2008, 06:52 PM
SL Member

Yea, I turned the mp3 volume to the max but if you had clicked on my reviews link in my first post, alot of people complained about the poor volume quality of the mp3 in general. Also, there's only two holes on this player, the headhone jack and the USB port which isn't compatible with AUX. It's no problem, the player is my sister's anyway.
Old 08-08-2008, 07:33 PM
SL Member

Originally Posted by bier9999
Thanks Cylon, it worked. So I just extracted like 20 CD's worth of music into my computer totaling around 160 songs and then used Windows Media Player and burned it all into one disc using Data CD format. Now I have to throw away 20 CD's in the trash and I have this $17 cable lying around (can't refund it, threw out receipt). But on the plus side I saved about $70 if I was going to get the mp3 player.

Glad I could help! I'm sure you'll eventualy want to get an Ipod (Help! They're taking over the World, ACKK!) but for now you have a alternate solution that just cost you 1 more CD and a few minutes of your time. Did you try out the disk in the player yet? I was wondeing if the display would read any of the MP3 info and how it displays the song title if at all...

That cable you got, isn't it just a 1/8" to 1/8" stereo M/M cable? $17 seems a bit high for a cable like that, but maybe it's a better-quaity shielded cable or something.

I have a Ham Radio installed my car that I wanted to conneect the audio jack on the back to the AUX port and send the audio out through the in-dash player, because I can hardly hear the little built-in speaker where I have the radio mounted. You could always send that cable my way instead of thowing it away, heheh...
Old 08-08-2008, 09:30 PM
SL Member

Ya, it works. Pioneer does display the song information but not all of it. For example "Dire Straits - Money For Nothing", it just says "Dire Straits - Money". I also have songs with asian titles but those just say Track 56, 78, etc. Oddly enough the sound has decreased compared to my old CD's but it's not as bad as the mp3.

As far as the cable is concerned, it is a M/M cable. I'm an amateur when it comes to mp3. When I went to Best Buy, that is what the salesperson offered me. She said it's goldplated for better sound quality. I wish I could mail it to you but my sister wants it now.
Old 08-08-2008, 09:55 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Originally Posted by bier9999
Ya, it works. Pioneer does display the song information but not all of it. For example "Dire Straits - Money For Nothing", it just says "Dire Straits - Money". I also have songs with asian titles but those just say Track 56, 78, etc. Oddly enough the sound has decreased compared to my old CD's but it's not as bad as the mp3.

As far as the cable is concerned, it is a M/M cable. I'm an amateur when it comes to mp3. When I went to Best Buy, that is what the salesperson offered me. She said it's goldplated for better sound quality. I wish I could mail it to you but my sister wants it now.
While its true gold plating does improve conductivity, it doesn't really improve sound quality. As a great comedian once said "polish a turd, its still a turd"
Old 08-08-2008, 10:30 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Has anyone noticed that when playing music through their iPod, that there is a static noise in the background? The MP3s I have are ripped straight from my CDs so there's no chance of crappy quality. This annoys me since I can hear it any time on any song. I do have some iTunes songs and downloaded songs that share the same static noise. I doubt its my actual iPod causing it though.
Old 08-08-2008, 11:26 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

ChelsDS, I listen to music and podcasts from my iPhone and iPod in the car all the time, and I don't have any static. Weird.
Old 08-09-2008, 04:26 PM

Originally Posted by ChelsDS
Has anyone noticed that when playing music through their iPod, that there is a static noise in the background? The MP3s I have are ripped straight from my CDs so there's no chance of crappy quality. This annoys me since I can hear it any time on any song. I do have some iTunes songs and downloaded songs that share the same static noise. I doubt its my actual iPod causing it though.
maybe.... just maybe.... experiment with your iPod equalizer settings?
Old 08-09-2008, 09:34 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by ChelsDS
No static as well.

Just reconnect the ipod, make sure the power is grounded. This used to happen to me all the time with my old car using an aux cable and charging the mp3 player.

As for an ipod, just look on craglist. I was able to get a 30GB ipod video for like 80 bucks. I plan on buying a new 160GB in the future