Notices
Scion xD Suspension & Handling Coilovers, Shocks, Airbags, Swaybars...

my experience with ksport coilovers.

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2011, 09:43 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default my experience with ksport coilovers.

I hate it! well not exactly. mybad if I don't kno the name to all the parts of the car but I tried adjusting the height to make it lower but do to (im assuming) dirt and debris. this piece is completely stuck

so now im stuck with one side one inch lower. They said to use wd40 and smash it with a hammer to losin it .. ima give it a try tomorrow

how do you guys adjust height? im new to this and i bought these about 4 months ago. I heard that the new ones doesn't have that center piece that was pointed out. is that true?
Old 02-22-2011, 02:08 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

PB blaster is your friend, when i adjust height on mine , i cover the entire threaded cylinder with PB Blaster, take a clean rag and wipe off in 3-5 mins, repeat until the coilover is spotless, and its like adjusting a brand new strut. if you adjusted it on a dirty coil last time then thats probably why its seized, so yea you'll want to put some pb or wd-40 and a rubber mallet.

and of course make sure you loosened the hex screw that locks that piece (in case that slipped your mind)
Old 02-23-2011, 12:23 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Yea I'm aware of the hex key but even after having it unbolted; it would still be tight on but thanks. People been telling me pb blaster works well. Unfortunetly wd40 doesn't.
Old 02-23-2011, 01:13 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by xD_kidd91
Yea I'm aware of the hex key but even after having it unbolted; it would still be tight on but thanks. People been telling me pb blaster works well. Unfortunetly wd40 doesn't.
yea after you loosen the hex try to get the spray down into the seized threads, then a few light smacks with the rubber mallet should help if it doesnt unseize itself just from the PB