Notices
Scion xD Suspension & Handling Coilovers, Shocks, Airbags, Swaybars...

Raceland Coilovers!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2011, 05:15 AM

Default Raceland Coilovers!!!

Hey everybody! This is my first thread and I hope it benefits everyone who is trying to get good, cheap suspension upgrade.
As many of you might know, Raceland (www.racelandus.com) manufactures coilovers for a few different cars, and they are mostly around $300-$400. I am trying to get them to develop a set for our cars, and that is where I need your help. I am sure they will develop the Coils if there is enough demand, so all I ask is for members to try and contact them about developing this product that all of us can take a great advantage of. Well, this is about it. I will try to post this up on different forums to spread the word. I hope this works out! Thanks for taking the time.
Old 02-08-2011, 11:55 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Raceland already makes coilovers for the tC...this is possible.
Old 02-08-2011, 12:05 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i dont see why they wouldnt
Old 02-08-2011, 01:10 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i remember a friend looking at these and instantly wanted the option for my xD. would love to see this happen.
Old 02-08-2011, 01:23 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

My buddies racelands didn't last him four months on his tC, he had 2 blown struts. IMO, racelands aren't worth the effort. Pay a little more for something that's going to last.

Sent from my Droid
Old 02-08-2011, 02:00 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

^^ Go look in the "Raceland" thread. Basically, nothing but good reviews from ppl who have em.
Old 02-08-2011, 02:25 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Had them for a year no problems at all..even if u did ruin something they customer service is soo good u would have new struts at ur door in three days..
Old 02-08-2011, 03:12 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i have had mine on for about a year now and i live in ny and its pot hole central...and well there still working perfectly and nothing is blown.
Old 02-08-2011, 06:37 PM

The thing is, they would develop the Coils if they had a demand for them, since nobody says anything they don't bother doing it. And they could even sell it for the XD and Yaris at the same time, only with different spring rates. So they have to believe that there is demand in order to manufacture this. All I'm saying is drop them a note in the "contact us" and soon they should do something about it.

Regarding the quality of their product, I'm confident that is not the horrible, cheap stuff everybody wants to make it sound it is. VW guys have them and love them, and those guys have the most agressive attitude towards lowering their cars, so if they approve it I am sure it's got to be at the very least decent, and for the price they sell it, it is a no brainer deal. Hope to get this going.
Old 02-08-2011, 10:04 PM

Default Update

Ok guys, I sent Raceland and email earlier today and this is what they replied:

"Upper management definitely is considering making the Scion XDs, but their decision process has many variables and demand is just one of them. Of course demand puts the option on the table but the other factors do come into play. We have included your email in the information they will review during the decision process, but please keep in mind - once a decision is made it takes another 8 months for the new product to be released.

Sincerely,
Raceland USA"

I think it is some progress, but I can't do much more than this, so please let's help ourselves and our fellow XD owners out and just show a little interest in this by contacting them. If I have any news I'll be sure to share.
Old 02-10-2011, 01:45 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Wagonistas
SL Member

I posted on this a long time ago, over a YEAR AGO...I had started a thread and had been in contact with them and got my hopes up...When you email them it goes to various people within their company and you will get different repsonses...I too had hoped they would make them for our cars but I found it very unlikely...Here is thread that has all the emails and contacts I had with them...They were also talking about using my car for the prototype: https://www.scionlife.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=172902
Old 03-02-2011, 01:33 PM

Default Raceland USA - Coilovers

Originally Posted by YELOSUB
I posted on this a long time ago, over a YEAR AGO...I had started a thread and had been in contact with them and got my hopes up...When you email them it goes to various people within their company and you will get different repsonses...I too had hoped they would make them for our cars but I found it very unlikely...Here is thread that has all the emails and contacts I had with them...They were also talking about using my car for the prototype: https://www.scionlife.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=172902
Update to Raceland Coilovers:

To whom it may Concern,

Would love to see some Scion xD Coilovers!!! Give us xD guys some love....PLEASE!!

John Williams

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

John,

We are currently working on our Scion line and hope to offer several options in the next several months. Our xB coilovers are almost ready. We have not even dived into the xD yet but will start gathering information at some point. Please check back with us at a later date as we may have more information.

Davin Clarke
Raceland USA
888-430-0888
Old 05-17-2011, 12:04 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

hey guys, i hear these will run on xd's because they run on toyota yaris, and we can basically use anything yaris can. yay or nay? cause im thinking about buying them real soon and i need your opinion
http://www.racelandus.com/p-149-coil...b-1st-gen.aspx
Old 05-17-2011, 01:12 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i have no idea how that works, as far as i know the yaris and xb1 do not share the same suspension, so the same kit shouldnt work for both. but if it does in fact work on the yaris it should work for us.
Old 05-17-2011, 02:14 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I agree. I believe the xb1 and xa have same suspension but not with the yaris .. The reason they might have included the yaris on their site would be that yaris has another generation before the u.s spec yaris in 07 that might have the same suspension as xb1.
Old 05-17-2011, 04:30 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by xD_kidd91
I agree. I believe the xb1 and xa have same suspension but not with the yaris .. The reason they might have included the yaris on their site would be that yaris has another generation before the u.s spec yaris in 07 that might have the same suspension as xb1.
yea the echo (yaris in other countries) may have the same suspension as an xb1, but im about 95% sure its not the same as the yaris that shares the same platform as the xD