Notices
Scion xD Suspension & Handling Coilovers, Shocks, Airbags, Swaybars...

Stock shocks (yes or no)

Old 10-25-2012, 06:45 AM

Default Stock shocks (yes or no)

Sup guys? I am new to the forum and was hoping you guys could lend me a hand. Quick background story. My 94 civic's transmission grove for the axels snap ring wore out so the axel wont stay in place. Instead of fixing it, I went out and bought a new 2012 xD. I love my honda but my family is and always will be a toyota house.

Anyhow, I have the TRD lowering springs sitting on the stock shocks. I plan on getting the trd sway bar. Tanabe Front tower brace and front underbrace. Also, the nitto rear trailing arm brace. If i have time I $, I might install the Tanabe Front swaybar.

Anyhow my real question here is, am I going to feel any real difference with aftermarket shocks? or is it not worth my money? I don't plan on racing this car, I just want it to hold its own for really spirited driving. I read around different forums and posts and i get mixed reviews about shocks so I figured I would just ask you guys. Thanks in advance. And sorry if this is a repeat post.

-Kaname
Old 10-25-2012, 11:19 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Those springs are next to stock, you are a bit more grounded, but not much. Getting after market struts is going to be better hands down, but by how much, you know? The only reason you'd get aftermarket struts would be to feel better about what you have, not so much to notice a great improvement. You won't notice anything different, you'll just know that you can push them a little harder than you should stock struts. Worth the money and time...? For "spirited driving"...? Eh... nah.... Now if money isn't a think, the obviously, yes, you would, but you wouldn't at the same time, because you'd spend a few more hundo and get coilovers.
Old 10-26-2012, 07:26 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

For the amount of stock shocks, I wld just get aftermarket. Nd yes. Ull feel better owning something that isn't stock you kno. Its still a mod lol