Notices
Scion xD Suspension & Handling Coilovers, Shocks, Airbags, Swaybars...

Yaris Hubs?

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2009, 05:42 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Yaris Hubs?

So after playing the field for wheels and searching countless hours, I'm just not finding many 5x100 wheels that aren't mega aggressive or that are readily available.

So here comes my question, since I'm not the best informed in Hub swaps.
After seeing the new 5 door Yaris make its round, and knowing the the Yaris suspension is nearly identical to the xD's. Are there possibilities of swapping to a 4 lug hub? Or is the work/money/time invested just not worth the trouble?

Thanks ahead of time for intelligent answers.

Old 03-31-2009, 05:48 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

funny thing is we yari owners say the opposite. we were looking into swapping xd hubs to get 5 lugs but at time hubs were dealer only. this option will work if you find a set of yaris hubs. too bad your not close or we'd do a swap.....
Old 03-31-2009, 05:51 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Haha

Yea it just kills me that a lot of the rims that I prefer are pretty much strictly on the 4 lug side of the spectrum, and as much as i like my OZ ultralaggeras, id much rather spend a little more on SSR MK series, or old work equips and get the car low.

the 5x100 pattern just doesnt give any love for old school wheels, and even with the 5x114 spacers you have to settle for high offsets to counter the spacers.
Old 03-31-2009, 06:24 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Default 1

yah pretty much alot of the wheels in 5x100 are garbage sizing... and old school rims are not readily avail in the bolt pattern... : ( ... best bet is save some dough and go custom : )
Old 03-31-2009, 06:33 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Will have to see. If its a legitimate idea and doesnt require a crazy amount of fabrication it might be interesting to try and do it. With the Honda craze, its not that hard to find decent prices on slightly used, low offset Works and SSR's.

It's mostly an idea, and it seems easy enough (though that could be based on my little knowledge of hub swapping), and since i dont plan on putting tons of hp or weight into the vehicle i dont think the 4 lug would hamper durability, although i could be wrong.
Old 03-31-2009, 06:39 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Default 1

hmm.... not sure about it... in the rear it will have 4 bolts that hold the hub to the torsion beam... just the like the yaris and xb... so it may work.. . however i do believe the bolts may be spaced differently..... because camber plates from a first gen xb wont fit the sd without modification..... its worth a try.. but you have to weigh costs... like sourcing hubs and then having them modified to fit the xd... and then buying a set of used works or ssr 's in good condidiont... the wheels used in good condition are going to be 1000 alone easy unless you find a sick deal... which you may.... check out rbwheels... they have 5x100 wheel readily avail... prices are decent... and sizes vary....
Old 03-31-2009, 06:51 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

hehe, the only costs im really worried about is fabrication work. the initial cost is just getting the hubs done, if i have to roll steelies or knockoffs for a couple months, then it doesnt bother me in the least, will have to weigh the options more as the summer rolls around and my new roommates move into my house, 1/3 the mortgage and utilities = lots of play money for my car
Old 04-22-2009, 03:47 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

you gotta look harder. what about Konig, TSW, Weds, don;t waste your money on alternative rims to " get by". that's wasting your money. dig for some older styles. buy lug adaptors and run a different bolt pattern. I still think about running Mazdaspeed Racing Harts on my car. I got them in my garage.
Old 04-22-2009, 03:59 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

someone brought it up in here... going custom... how is that done, i need a 6 lug hub, lol!

seriously, how can i do it?