Notices
Scion xD Owner's Lounge
2008-2010 [ZSP110]

Water Leak..Passenger Side footwell

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2009, 10:39 PM
5 Year Member

Default Water Leak..Passenger Side footwell

There is water coming in the passenger side foot well.on my xD it is not coolant.
I figure there is a drain line for the AC condenser.

Ideas?

Last edited by MR_LUV; 09-02-2018 at 04:19 AM. Reason: Awarded 5 Yr. Badge
Old 05-01-2009, 11:35 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

its most likely the drain line, was just looking at it an hour ago. pull some trim out and the peel back the carpet and liner and take a look. its possible it was pushed or pulled into the compartment. it'll be a black rubber hose strait out from where your passenger's left foot would be.
Old 05-02-2009, 02:08 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Take it to the dealer and have them fix it. It's under warranty. That's why we have a warranty
Old 05-03-2009, 04:13 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

It may be washer fluid... Theres a washer fluid line for the rear that runs under the trim on the passenger side. Could have gotten a cut... Just another idea.
Old 05-03-2009, 04:39 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

maybe your passenger pee'd their pants?
Old 05-03-2009, 02:55 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

all that HP baby!!
Old 06-12-2011, 03:29 PM

Originally Posted by cobaltbravo
its most likely the drain line, was just looking at it an hour ago. pull some trim out and the peel back the carpet and liner and take a look. its possible it was pushed or pulled into the compartment. it'll be a black rubber hose strait out from where your passenger's left foot would be.
My wife's car had the same problem. When turning left the water would drip more and it sounded like the water was being sprayed. I suspected the water was overflowing from some reservoir and interfering with the blower fan causing the spray. I pulled the carpet back on the passenger side foot well and the under cover for the dash which had collected water in the sound proofing like a sponge. From there I could easily see the rubber drain tube. It looked intact so I squeezed on it multiple times to try and loosen what I thought was a clog.

Voila! All the water drained out on to the ground. I estimated a half gallon. Hope this helps anyone else out there!

Cheers!
Old 09-14-2011, 12:17 PM

My car is an '04 xB, but it still applies. I noticed the same thing. The right side footwell was soaked, and whenever I'd take a right turn, water would pour down on my feet from within the dash. I sought out that hose and pulled it off completely, and yes, MUCH water poured out of the AC unit. I dunno what it was that was clogging the hose, but I blew out a plug of something. I currently have the carpet peeled back with the drain hole plugs removed from the footwell trying to dry everything off. That sound deadening material takes an eternity to dry. So, in closing, thank you for the tip!
Old 09-14-2011, 02:24 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Do you have a cabin air filter installed? If not trash might be getting pass the blower causing the drain line to become clogged.
Old 09-14-2011, 02:28 PM

Originally Posted by CXTKRS1
Do you have a cabin air filter installed? If not trash might be getting pass the blower causing the drain line to become clogged.
You know, it never even occurred to me to look. I bought the car used in December, so it's anybody's guess. My discovery was in the train parking lot last night so I was a little hurried. When I got home I checked the hose in my wife's '06 to be safe, and I've never replaced the filter in that one either. Looks like I will now!
Old 09-14-2011, 02:35 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by mmstingray
You know, it never even occurred to me to look. I bought the car used in December, so it's anybody's guess. My discovery was in the train parking lot last night so I was a little hurried. When I got home I checked the hose in my wife's '06 to be safe, and I've never replaced the filter in that one either. Looks like I will now!
They don't come with one from the factory so the car may have never had one installed.
Old 09-14-2011, 02:42 PM

Huh! Well that I would have never guessed. I'll just replace both cars' filters at the same time.
Old 06-08-2023, 08:40 PM

Default Thanks for your help!

It's been a long time since anyone posted in this thread ... But I wanted to say "Thank you" to those who posted suggested solutions to this water leak problem.

In the past few weeks, I began to notice a "squeaking" apparently coming from the air-conditioner / heat fan in my 2014 xD. Then I noticed water leaking from under the dash board on the passenger side. I figured they might be connected.

So I looked the issue up online and came across this thread. With the AC running, I pulled back the passenger side front carpet and found the black tube, as indicated by a few of you. I pulled the tube from the white plastic reservoir (?) and, at least at that point, no water was leaking yet. I didn't see anything blocking the tube, so I poked a small plastic stick into the white reservoir's connecting hole for the tube, and VOILA! the water started flowing out of the reservoir, presumably along with whatever was blocking the flow previously.

I re-attached the tube and drove the car. No squeaking sound and no leak even after 10 minutes of driving with the AC on.

Problem solved ... Thanks to you guys on this form.

Mike
Old 04-28-2024, 10:32 PM

Thanks!! About to do the same thing on a Scion we bought for my cousin to drive to college. Figured it was something along this line. He just told me the other day. It only has 190K on it. LOL