Notices
tC Tech and DIY Info for the Scion tC

Angel Eyes / Halo Install (Umnitza)

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2005, 05:08 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Angel Eyes / Halo Install (Umnitza)

Tools
Needle nose pliers
Screwdriver
Toothpick
High temp glue
Wire cutters

Clayton1’s Umnitza Thin-line/Angel Eyes/Demon Eyes/ Those cool BMW style headlight install DIY

Alright since there are plently of posts about how to remove your bumper and your headlight from your car but hardly anything about actually installing the angel eyes, I decided to make my own DIY. sorry that the pics suck. I don't know how to use my camera and i was in a hurry.

Here are my thin lines and my CF intake tehe

To start off remove your headlights (DUH)

Next start off by removing the 4 gold screws that surround the housing. There is one on top, one on the bottom and two on either corner.

Then remove the 5 bulbs in the head light (High beam, Low beam, Turn signal, and the two parking lights.) Just twist the light and then they should pop right out.(Ignore the fact that the wires are cut I will get to this later.)

Next unscrew the 3 silver screws that hold the black ring in place. The black ring should fall off.

Also remove these rubber things. I’m not quite sure what they do, but I took them off so they wouldn’t melt.

Then using a screw driver pry back the rubber dust cover from the back of the headlight.

Repeat for the other bulb.

Remove this bracket using pliers. Just squeeze the two clips on the underside.

Now its time to bake the lights.

My old ___ oven with no temp. readings on the temp. dial. O well I have a thermometer.

Bake for about 10-15 minutes at 220-230 degrees. (It may take longer this worked for me though.

Be sure and place the head light lens down and PLACE SOMETHING UNDERNEATH THE LENS SO YOU DON’T BURN THROUGH THE PLASTIC. YOU DON’T WANT YOUR LENS LOOKING LIKE A T-BONE STEAK.

Remove the lights using an oven mit. THEY WILL BE HOT.

Next using a screw driver start next to the side marker and start prying. The sealant will stick to anything it touches so be careful. Also don’t use a nice screw driver (the sealant sticks the screw driver and its hard to get off). Be gentle and work your way down the length of the housing. If the sealant isn’t gum like then bake the lights for another 5 minutes or so.

If you happen to get some sealant on your lens don’t worry, just get some Goof-off or something similar and wipe the sealant off.

Once you have the housing in two pieces. Look for the two screws on the back of the lens. Remove these screws. Be careful the light may still be hot.
Separate the lens from the housing (not really the housing but I don’t know what else to call it)

Now comes the fun part. Installing the Angel Eyes. Get some glue and place it on the end of a toothpick. (I used some all purpose rubber cement, but anything will do as long as it will stand up to 200+ degree temps.)

Now place some glue about ¾ in down from the top of the ring where the angel sits, on both side of the ring, and place glue on the back bottom part of the angel eye. (not to much glue, about a tear drop sized drop but spread it out.

Next place the angel in place and hold it until it dries.

Repeat for the other bulb housing.

Now place the housing back in the lens and screw it on with those 2 golden screws.

Next place the lens and the real housing next to each other and pull the wires off either side of the angel over the top of the reflector that’s in the housing. Pull the wires out of the back of the housing. Then gently, very gently pull the wires so that none of the wire can be seen through the lens.

Then push the lens back together with the housing and place back in the oven for about 10 mins at 220 degrees.

Take out the light again with an oven mit. THEY WILL BE HOT.

Move all the way around the light and press the lens and the housing back together. Try and make them touch if possible.

Next reinstall the clip on the bottom of the light.

Now replace those 4 screws around the edges of the housing.

Then take the wires from the angel eyes and pull them gently to the bottom of the hole out the back of the housing. Push them so that they fall into the gap in the housing (the place where you put the screw driver when you removed the rubber dust cover).

Then place the rubber dust cover back on. Make sure that it is completely seated.

Then screw the plastic ring back with the 3 silver screws.

Replace all 5 bulbs (High beam, Low beam, Turn signal, and the two parking lights) except for one of the parking lights. Don’t replace the one that goes into the low beam housing.
this light

this hole

Take some wire cutters and cut the green and the white wire. Make sure that you also strip off a bit of the cover as well.

Next get one ballast and two of the black clips that came with the angel eyes.

Connect the black clips onto the ends of the white wires that come off of the ballast.

Then insert the wires, that are now coming out of the back of the housing that are connect to the actual angel eyes, into the other side of the black clips.

The next couple of steps are for wiring the angel eyes into the parking lights. You can wire the angel eyes to come on as soon as the car starts but I’m not sure how to do that.

Take the GREEN wire and slide it into the gold fitting at the end of the RED wire that is coming from the ballast. REMEMBER GREEN AND RED JUST LIKE CHRISTMAS.

Then take a pair of pliers and crimp the gold fitting around the green wire.

Repeat the following for the WHITE AND BROWN wires.

Again GREEN TO RED and WHITE TO BROWN

Then simply remove backing to the double stick tape on the bottom of the ballast and stick the ballast to the underside of the THE RADIATOR SUPPORT BEAM. sorry I don't have a picture for yall. But if you put the ballast on the under of the headlight then the ballast could short out!!! soo apparently you have to put the ballast on the underside of the upper radiator support beam where they will stay dry. I lost both my ballasts to water soo don't let it happen to you!

The finished product

Now just reinstall the head lights and TADA (again sorry my camera sucks *****)

Thanks again to Umnitza for answering all my annoying questions (I think that I have called them more than I have called my girlfriend in the past three days). I hope that this helps yall. Maybe Umnitza might want to hit me up with some HID's for all my work or something, i don't know im just throwing that out there. hahaha jk. ask questions if you have any.
Old 11-19-2005, 05:19 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

sorry double post
Old 11-19-2005, 05:29 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

sorry triple post hahaha
Old 11-19-2005, 05:54 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Thanks for taking the time to post this! It's about time someone did!
Old 11-19-2005, 05:59 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Scion Justice League of America
SL Member

There has been a couple posts with pictures about this install here and there....

They are coming out more and more now..... makes me less unique...

Hope you enjoy them.... just watch out for water... as these things are picky....
Old 11-19-2005, 06:29 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

nice write up
Old 11-19-2005, 07:17 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

whos Melanie

looks awesome btw
Old 11-19-2005, 02:26 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Images Transfered to Scion Life Sever.
Post Edited With New Images.

Some helpfull tips!

When posting photos leave a space or two between the photos.

DIY's Should be Divided into section's IE
Removing Headlight
Begin by removing the....

Installing Ring
Place the ring in the....

As this makes it easier for users, If you would like feel free to pm or im me via Its Kaeon on AIM and I will help you with this! This looks like a very good install just needs to be cleaned up! Thanks for the hard work, I will have to try this one day
Old 11-20-2005, 01:06 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

This is probably one of the best DIYs I've ever seen! THANK YOU!
I just put a link to it on our site!
JL
Old 11-20-2005, 03:26 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

tehe horay. im so famous
Old 11-20-2005, 09:28 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Hehe
JL
Old 11-22-2005, 11:15 PM
gko
5 Year Member

I'm curious. Is there any reason no one is making holes to pull the wires thru the trim section. I see everyone just running the wires up and out the reflector hole. Seems to me it would look cleaner if there was not that extra inch or 2 of wire traces visible.

I haven't pulled mine out yet and was just wondering if anyone tried this and if there is a reason why that wasn't attempted.

Thanks in advance!
Old 11-22-2005, 11:19 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Many people prefer not to drill I suppose ;)
We pride ourselves on making our products "easily installed with no modifications to your OEM parts - uninstalls without a trace"

With that said, if you want, you can certainly drill!
Old 11-23-2005, 12:02 AM
gko
5 Year Member

Oh please!

Removing the front end .. baking the lens .. seperating a critical seal that is in high risk of not re-sealing properly .. and that's not modifying the OEM equipment?! (not to mention this guy cut-off one of the OEM bulbs)

Sorry! Not trying to bust your nads(honest) but thats reaching!

I plan on hiding the wire as best as possible and just wanted to know if there is any obstructions that prevent you from doing that. I admit, I'm completely **** about wiring. And when I look at the finished job, the wire is the first thing I see.
Old 11-23-2005, 02:31 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

In my mind, once they are baked back together, that really is not modifying. If you close it up the way it was sealed from the factory, it's not modified - it appears and functions exactly the same.

Modification, in my mind, is me with a dremmel tool in my garage hacking out 6 square inches of ABS plastic behind my AC vents to fit a navigation system back there... or spending 3 weeks molding a bumper from a wider M3 onto my car ;)

JL
Old 11-24-2005, 05:34 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

man that is nice as hell man....thanks for the HTD....cuz imma try that
Old 11-25-2005, 07:17 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Both of these products are deeply discounted... today only:
https://www.scionlife.com/forums/vie...590&highlight=
JL
Old 11-26-2005, 12:56 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

So the one you cut, is the one that makes my headlights glow blue right now?

Like can we not have both lghts?
Hope this makes sense.
Old 12-15-2005, 07:06 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

nice diy, i think im gonna get be a some of those...
Old 12-15-2005, 07:22 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Scion Justice League of America
SL Member

You'll love them if you get them...

Quick Reply: Angel Eyes / Halo Install (Umnitza)