tC Tech and DIY Info for the Scion tC

Aux Adapter Install (PIE TOY03AUX)

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2008, 04:27 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default ???

I'm confuesd bc i have an 05 tc that doenst have ipod jacks or anything on it but i also have the same head unit as u... it has the button that says SAT on it. It says theres 2 options .. one with sat and one with out sat and different moduals for both which do i use??
Old 06-19-2009, 03:48 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Default install help..

whats up!? Well I ordered the part.. for the aux input.. when I installed it.. I hooked everything up.. correct, but for some reason the music sounded very distorted. I took everything apart.. trying to diagnose the prob, but could not find the answer! It was fine sometimes, but when I hooked everything back up, the music level went down considerably! (you know how it sounds when you dont have your headphone jack in the mp3 player all the way?) you still hear music, faintly? thats what it sounds like.. but sometimes.. it worked again..? my question... finally, LOL is, could I be getting feedback from my radio? or is it a wire prob ya think? also, the part that was shipped to me looks a little diff. Ill try and get some pics.. does that matter?
[img][/img]

thanks for any feedback or help! I just dont know what else could be the problem!
Old 11-21-2009, 09:56 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by showcasezf
whats up!? Well I ordered the part.. for the aux input.. when I installed it.. I hooked everything up.. correct, but for some reason the music sounded very distorted. I took everything apart.. trying to diagnose the prob, but could not find the answer! It was fine sometimes, but when I hooked everything back up, the music level went down considerably! (you know how it sounds when you dont have your headphone jack in the mp3 player all the way?) you still hear music, faintly? thats what it sounds like.. but sometimes.. it worked again..? my question... finally, LOL is, could I be getting feedback from my radio? or is it a wire prob ya think? also, the part that was shipped to me looks a little diff. Ill try and get some pics.. does that matter?
[img][/img]

thanks for any feedback or help! I just dont know what else could be the problem!
just isntalled mine. mine sounds great but i got the aux/s satellite version. so your might be messed up.

note to some people trying to do it. you might need a socket wrench.
Old 11-25-2012, 04:50 PM

Default No audio when engine is on.

I just installed one of these in my 2005 xA. I tested it to make sure it works before putting everything back together and it worked great. After putting everything back in place I tried it again and now there is no sound coming from the stereo while the ignition is in the "ON" position. The stereo is on and everything looks to be working properly, but there is no sound coming from the speakers. Everything works fine while on "ACC" mode. Any idea what may have happened and/or how to fix this? I'm at a lose here.
Thanks.