Notices
tC Tech and DIY Info for the Scion tC

Shifter Cable / Cage Bushing Install (CorSport)

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2007, 01:57 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Wow! I received them in the mail today. He shipped them out Friday evening and I received them in only 2 days...unbelievable. Everything looks great and I can't wait for the weather to warm up a bit so I can get them installed.

Will be ordering the SS clutch line soon, bump for a great company!
Old 03-23-2007, 10:10 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Update: Just installed and took the car for a spin. The first thing I noticed was a more "positive engagement" Once it went into the gear the shifter just stuck there...it felt really nice. Firm and smooth. Highly recommended product for only $30 shipped.

Quick question: I dropped one of the new cotter pins into the abyss of the engine so I just put one of the stock cotter pins back on...there won't be any problems will there?
Old 03-24-2007, 06:00 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

i'm in the process of installing my shifter cable bushings.. i did one already the throttle body one..where is the other one?????? PLEASE HELP
Old 03-24-2007, 11:17 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

First one is laying face up, second one is in front of it vertically to the left.
Old 06-21-2007, 04:56 PM
Former Sponsor
SL Member

BUmp. IN stock.
Old 07-15-2007, 06:42 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

excuse the dumb question...but the bushings raise the cage height right?
Does that mean it also raises the height of the shfiter?
Old 07-15-2007, 06:48 PM
Former Sponsor
SL Member

Originally Posted by Ichibanumba1
It raises the height of neither (at least not anything significant, maybe a millimeter or two max).

Tai
Old 08-14-2007, 08:02 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by deathbyc4
i'd warn about dropping stuff into the framing under the shifter, YOU WILL NEVER SEE IT AGAIN. I lost two screws down there and i found one that didnt make it all the way in. Yall have been warned!!!!
get a magnetic retractable pick up tool. and in the future.. tape the holes before working on it. i dropped a screw in there too once.
Old 08-14-2007, 08:09 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Club One
SL Member

Originally Posted by Ichibanumba1
Doc Isotope's bushings raise it about half an inch. It makes it a bit easier to shift. If you haven't already gotten a short shifter...you can compensate for the half inch raise by getting a shorter shifter
Old 08-14-2007, 08:14 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

just placed an order!!
Old 09-23-2007, 08:19 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

those Corsports eclips are a pain in the ___ to install. i had to go down there from an awkward angle with a water pump plier to get it over the bushing. a normal straight plier didn't work because the firewall was in the way of the handle. just my 2 cent. why didn't you guys just made it the same height as the stock bushing so we can just slip the stock washer back on with a new pin?
Old 09-23-2007, 08:58 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Ronin Scion
SL Member
Premium Member

Originally Posted by tekstyle
those Corsports eclips are a pain in the butt to install. i had to go down there from an awkward angle with a water pump plier to get it over the bushing. a normal straight plier didn't work because the firewall was in the way of the handle. just my 2 cent. why didn't you guys just made it the same height as the stock bushing so we can just slip the stock washer back on with a new pin?
Are talking bout the cable bushing in the engine bay? The pin can be removed by hand, no need for pliers. I thought you dont need to put back the stock washer with the corsport bushings? Washers was used in the stock i believe coz the stock bushings are made up of rubber so to prevent uneven sinking when pressure is applied. Since the corsport bushing is solid, no need to put the oem washer back so they raise the height a lil bit.. thats just my opinion but i could be wrong.
Old 09-23-2007, 09:07 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i was referring to the E-clips. the 2 clips that clamps into the groove around the bushing on top of it. those things are really tough and you can't put them on by hand. the pins are easy. i just thought using the washer would be been a lot simpler only if the bushing were shorter.

i already got these things installed and i love them, but i just wanted to give my opinion on the installation process which looked easier than it really is. mainly, due to an unexpected amount of elbow grease I had to use in excess.
Old 09-23-2007, 09:17 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Ronin Scion
SL Member
Premium Member

lol first install is always the toughest, pretty sure the next time you do it woud be very easy. Its the figuring out the easiest way thats the toughest.
Old 09-23-2007, 10:39 PM
Banned

CorSport or NST? NST are cheaper, stainless steel, CorSport brass, seems like stainless steel would be better? Any suggestions/opinons?
Old 09-23-2007, 10:47 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Ronin Scion
SL Member
Premium Member

Dr. Isotope is cheaper its delrin, but I dont think it would matter, all of them are solid which would give you some nice crisp shifts.. So you cant go wrong with any of them but just a mattr of choice
Old 09-23-2007, 10:53 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Ace83
lol first install is always the toughest, pretty sure the next time you do it woud be very easy. Its the figuring out the easiest way thats the toughest.
yea. if i ever have to do it again next time, i would go straight to the water pump plier and a lot of elbow grease and be done with it in 15 minutes instead of the original 45 min.

trdscion:
corsports if u want to install it with tools u probably have lying around already. not everyone has a snap ring plier.

NST if you want an easier install. also easier to move them at a later date. the corsport requires prying off the E-clip if you ever want to remove them which can damage the white plastic cable endlinks.

as for brass or stainless steel, i don't think it really matters. i think brass is more inert to oxidization and rusting, but i can be wrong. i suck at chemistry.
Old 09-23-2007, 10:58 PM
Banned

that's what I figured. Think I'll go with the NST ones, they don't have that massive E-clip either that people say was hard to put on (even though it looks like a good smack with a hammer would do the job), stainless steel looks nice and lasts. Thanks.
Old 09-24-2007, 01:16 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by trdscion
that's what I figured. Think I'll go with the NST ones, they don't have that massive E-clip either that people say was hard to put on (even though it looks like a good smack with a hammer would do the job), stainless steel looks nice and lasts. Thanks.
yea a good smack with a hammer will do, but imagine smacking with the bushing on the endlinks... it's a pretty tight fit in there lol.
Old 12-07-2007, 03:39 PM
Former Sponsor
SL Member

Bump, brand new stock, back in stock!!!

Get 'em now for christmas...
https://www.scionlife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=200844

Tai
CorSport

Quick Reply: Shifter Cable / Cage Bushing Install (CorSport)