Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2006, 05:46 PM
Founder
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Default Clean Blue MX32 in Toledo OH

Found this one on eBay:

Parting with a great little car that needs some engine TLC. A co-worker was a long-time owner, and he took great care of it. I purchased it for the summer as a ‘go to work car’, and now I’ve bought a new vehicle. This one must go. Could be a great around town vehicle if the engine is fixed, a restoration project for Toyota lovers, or part it out. Priced to sell, no reserve. Buyer must be able to transport vehicle from Toledo, OH.

Will need some engine work, as there is exhaust leaking into cooling system. Engine is starting to burn anti-freeze. Since I am not a mechanic, could mean any number of things (head gasket leak?). For someone with the know-how, this may be an easy fix. Vehicle runs now, but the engine heats up quickly. I’ve stopped driving it as I don’t want to do any damage.

Before it started having the engine problem, it had a strong engine, lots of pep. Pretty good on gas mileage. Transmission is solid. Radiator is new a couple years back. 4-speed Automatic transmission, 2.6 liter inline 6-cylinder engine. Rear wheel drive. Air conditioning blows cold. All power options—power steering, windows, locks, rear defrost. Has cruise control, but it did not seem to work.

Some rust, but considering the car is 26 years old, it’s in remarkable shape. Paint is royal blue. Interior is generally in good shape. It has velour, light grey colored seats. There is some discoloration on the rear headrests, as well as a fabric tear on the rear headrest. Rear passenger side seat has adjustable lap belt (to accommodate a car seat), but original retractable seatbelt is also included.

Approximately 156K miles, original (from what I know). The car has a clean Ohio title.

Newer Firestone tires on the real wheels. Also included are two studded snow tires, alternate set of 4 hubcaps, and water pump.

Currently there is an AM/FM stereo with cassette in the car, but I am including the replica AM radio and dash cover that can easily be changed out if desired. There is also a 100 watt, 2 channel amplifier mounted in the trunk, but it is not hooked up. Don’t know if it works.
Old 10-14-2006, 05:46 PM
Founder
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Oops, forgot to add the link:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...m=260040260710