Notices
Toyota News / Q+A Things you would like to see or know...

Dear Scion: PLEASE fix the PAINT on these cars

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2009, 01:29 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I will do my own paint sealant after my first project is complete, I was only trying to protect our investment which is not a good one when buying a car...So I tossed some money away , haven't we all?

F.Y.I - When I sold my 2007 Honda RTL Ridgeline to a Doctor in VA Beach, the truck looked brand new...Will not buy the theory that these makes have issues with there paint jobs, just poor quality and craftsmanship and possibly the paint job is defective...

Last edited by Crazyhorse6901; 10-31-2009 at 01:34 AM.
Old 11-17-2009, 09:57 PM
Banned

I've only had this problem on my hood, due to rocks. Does it seem to be with newer models? Mine is an '05.
Old 11-17-2009, 10:09 PM

My xD is less than 2 months off the lot and already has an absurd amount of scratches from the tiniest little brushes.
There is a small tree near where I park my car at home that I have to avoid completely because if the little branches (serious, it's a really small tree) even touch the top of the xD as I'm parking: scratches.
I was filling up the tank, and barely caught the side of the opening for the tank: bare metal now.
The list goes on from there.

If the car is going to look like sh*t in a few years, I might as well sell it now an go back to my Civic.

I'm definitely going to be calling Toyota this week and filing a complaint about this.
Old 12-19-2009, 02:58 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Cool

Originally Posted by brodie7838
My xD is less than 2 months off the lot and already has an absurd amount of scratches from the tiniest little brushes.
There is a small tree near where I park my car at home that I have to avoid completely because if the little branches (serious, it's a really small tree) even touch the top of the xD as I'm parking: scratches.
I was filling up the tank, and barely caught the side of the opening for the tank: bare metal now.
The list goes on from there.

If the car is going to look like sh*t in a few years, I might as well sell it now an go back to my Civic.

I'm definitely going to be calling Toyota this week and filing a complaint about this.

By the way for the record its almost a trade off since the car didn't cost much, you will need to invest in a descent paint job...The price you pay when you buy a SCION!!!
Old 05-01-2012, 11:19 PM

yep... I've got a 2011 xd got it almost exactly 1 year ago.. love everything about the car besides the TERRIBLE paint.. first time i waxed the car i felt how orange peel feeling it was beneath the rocker panels, and how the clear coat was scratched terribly under the door handles.. from the start bug stains were obnoxious and thats even with washing them off after every day/night. then rock chips on the hood... then worst of all went to wax it after the winter, and found a spot on the rocker panel where underneath had somehow gotten a small dent.. Minuscule really, and not a big deal considering location, EXCEPT for the fact that on the TOP of the rocker panel, the paint had completely split open and peeled..... Dealer told me the paint was compromised because of the dent. BS.. I have had many nice cars and have gotten dents in all of them unfortunately, and have NEVER experienced that... Scion needs to FIX THIS PAINT! Please Scion! Shoddy appearance can ruin a perfect car!
Old 06-20-2012, 01:22 AM

Scion obviously hasn't fixed their paint problems! I have a 2011 tc with the same paint nightmares a month after I bought mine! They don't seem to care one bit about it either after a full year of arguing!
Old 08-26-2012, 05:04 AM
BTL

yeah waz up with it is scion/toyota out to really givethe scion brand a bad. Or the people in charge of paint fell asleep when were mixing the paint up