Notices
Toyota News / Q+A Things you would like to see or know...

Q&A--> How different is exhaust mounting between xA &

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2009, 03:26 AM
5 Year Member

Default Q&A--> How different is exhaust mounting between xA &

Basicly I want A greddy DT exhaust. Everyone knows that there no longer made. But There still availble for the xA through the greddy ebay store. So I was wondering how different the monting points on the xA compared to the xB?

ZumCRX1
Old 03-24-2009, 03:29 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i'm very sure this is the wrong section for this post, should be in the xa/xb power and drivetrain section.

as for the differences, i don't know, see if you can get actual pictures of the different exhausts next to eachother. they may actually be the same. or you could have an exhaust shop modify it.
Old 03-24-2009, 04:51 PM
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by draxcaliber
i'm very sure this is the wrong section for this post, should be in the xa/xb power and drivetrain section.

as for the differences, i don't know, see if you can get actual pictures of the different exhausts next to eachother. they may actually be the same. or you could have an exhaust shop modify it.

Ok thanks, As for this being the wrong section sorry, It said its Toyota News and question and awnser, so....................................................

ZumCRX1
Old 03-24-2009, 04:53 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

yeah, i know what you mean, but this is like for asking toyota questions about new and upcoming models or something to that effect. questions about aftermarket arts and car mods and such go in their respective forums.

like you wouldn't post a thread about the greddy turbo kit made for the xb fitting the xa here, that would go in the xa/xb forced induction forum.
Old 03-25-2009, 04:05 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

xB exhaust hangs lower than an xA exhaust. Take for example the TRD Sport muffler......the pipe connecting to the midpipe and the muffler are pretty much the same, put the piece coming out of the muffler going to the tip is different. The xA is higher so it can tuck up against the bumper, while the xB hangs lower since it has a factory style ground effects.

So basically you'll have to take the exhaust to a muffler shop and have them cut and redo the piping after the mufler to the tip to get it to fit. So pay for a new exhaust, and then pay to have it hacked into to get it to fit..........personally doesn't seem worth it to me when there are alot of other options out there, plus you can go custom and have your local muffler shop weld in a muffler and tip of your choice and it would probably be cheaper. Plus you won't have that goofy little secondary tip that that particular muffler has