Notices
Toyota News / Q+A Things you would like to see or know...

Toyota Stresses Over Big Two Woes

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2006, 06:49 PM
Founder
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Default Toyota Stresses Over Big Two Woes

Original Article:
http://www.chicagotribune.com/classi...4825591.column

Whether being honest or diplomatic or both, the amiable Press, president and chief operating officer of Toyota Motor Sales, assured that watching two of his competitors struggle brings no satisfaction.

"These are icon companies who have an impact on many people's lives," he said. "We have compassion and hope they come back and are confident they'll come back.

"When their sales went down, our market share went up, and when they recover their sales will go up and our market share will go down," he added.
Old 02-19-2006, 07:00 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Big Sky Scion
SL Member

Woohoo! 1000th SL Post!!!

I believe that to be a true sentiment. While any smart businessman will applaud his/her company's rise to the top, any smart and humble man/woman will also know the only way to go from the top is DOWN.

I can enjoy my success, but if I do so at the expense of the fall of my colleagues, I am only assuring that bad karma will in time come my way.

I fully believe that the American auto makers are long overdue for a MAJOR overhaul - top to bottom.

I feel it's sad also, but they've run on auto-pilot far too long, and their products reflect that.

Here's hoping they get back in the game. I love my tC and RAV4, but I'd like to honestly have a good American alternative in the future - if only for the survival of the American worker...

Scott