Notices
Website Discussion Problem? Let us know about it here...

my god ppc is sloppy seconds....

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2006, 11:36 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member
MN Scions

Default my god ppc is sloppy seconds....

I have been on these boards for nealry 2 years. For the majority, Darrin and the other web builders have done an amazing job.

However it needs one final tweak. The ppc area is in need of a major tuning. I meen this post in no way to be offensive, its just an observation. I dont know jack about designing or writing a webpage.

With that said, let me explain myself.

I think its sloppy because, everoyone with all 3 car models post in one place.
I think it would be easier to have 3 or 4 headings inside of the ppc area.
Here is an example, please click the link and then click marketplace. Inside they have 4 sub catagories for sales.
http://www.mnsportcompacts.net/forum/

It is quite dificult to find what I'm looking for, even using the search function.
Another problem I'm having is, that a very large amount of people on here wish to sell items, but only want local pickup. The way the rules are set now, it is impossible for us to post a for sale in our region without a moderater moving it to ppc. Not saying anything negative about the mods, they do a fine job of enforcing the this websites rules.

I hope this thread makes sense and does not come off as a bunch of negativity.

Thanks, Brian
Old 01-23-2006, 06:52 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Well... I think this is something for Darren to address. I mean, I know we have the ability for subforums at this point... but I don't know if it was in his plans or not to include PPC.

It is kind of a mess... but I don't know if there has been anything decided on a possible resolution.
Old 01-24-2006, 07:53 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

if people would put for xB, xA or tC in front of the post then it would solve the problem. classified ads are on auto delete so they are always fresh to look at.
Old 01-25-2006, 11:45 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member
MN Scions

^not really. Its still cluttered in the same area. Atleast with sub catagories, you know what model its for and dont have to spend countless hours sorting.
Old 01-26-2006, 02:30 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

So... if someone has something that is "universal" they would have to list it in all model categories?

On another site that I mod for, I only allow posts in my region forums in specifc format which would likely work here as well

for example:

FS: xB front lip kit, new, Missouri will ship

I know on our site, we have 50 characters for the subject. You can get pretty specific with that kind of room, if people would just put forth an effort.

I personally don't mind looking through multiple posts. You never know what you might come across with people throwing random stuff for sale, you might find a good deal where you wouldn't normally look (tc post if you own an xb, etc).
Old 01-28-2006, 10:44 PM
Founder
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

A new classifieds script will launch in the near future and should solve these problems.