Notices
Website Discussion Problem? Let us know about it here...

No pics in signature confusion...

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2009, 11:06 PM

Default No pics in signature confusion...

I run forums MUCH larger than SL and I completely understand the "no pics in signature" rule even though the pic was small and was being pulled from FaceBook which has plenty of bandwidth to supply the image. But why was my entire signature removed and not just the image? A simple PM to me asking me to remove the image would have been more appropriate or just remove the image and leave the rest of the signature intact.

Some thoughts for the future for the staff here....

1. VB has the ability to not allow BB Image code in the signature line, you can even allow them or not depending on the members forum status. I would think phpBB has the same ability.

2. Make the "no photos in your signature line" a little more prominent. Right now it's a small one line statement towards the end of a paragraph in the rules halfway down the page under the heading of "How do I add a signature to my post? ".

Thanks!

---
Robert Basil - Founder
The Fallen Heroes Car
http://www.fallenheroescar.org
Old 01-12-2009, 08:54 AM
Admin Emeritus

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

The "No pics in sigs" rule is a very firm one 'round here, and is originally from the founder of ScionLife.com detesting pics in sigs. :D

this particular incarnation of phpBB doesn't have the ability to block pics by itself, so we depend on the members not doing it, and if they do we usually just zap the pic itself from the sig and drop them a note.

Sometimes we mak an error and zap the whiole sig.

Happens.