Notices
Website Discussion Problem? Let us know about it here...

PPC rules discussion...

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2009, 06:54 PM
SL Member

Thumbs up PPC rules discussion...

I spoke to obviousintentions just to update everyone, he got banned for "harassing a seller" lmfao for starting a seller exp thread and pointing people to this thread in the guys other FS thread to help sl members, I guess the guy know someone here or something so they ban him until tomorrow. SL ftw banning people who complain about not getting there stuff they paid for.
https://www.scionlife.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=173607
Old 10-19-2009, 06:58 PM
SL Member

Originally Posted by tCs_are_life717
watching. what you lookin to get
Post a reasonable offer and he will respond tomorrow when the ban is lifted.
Old 10-19-2009, 07:37 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by JrTcs
I spoke to obviousintentions just to update everyone, he got banned for "harassing a seller" lmfao for starting a seller exp thread and pointing people to this thread in the guys other FS thread to help sl members, I guess the guy know someone here or something so they ban him until tomorrow. SL ftw banning people who complain about not getting there stuff they paid for.
https://www.scionlife.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=173607
Ya, so just to clarify, his Seller Experience thread is totally separate from what he did. Regardless of someone's dealings with ANY seller, jacking someone's sale thread is not allowed (check the rules). And I saw the post. It violated the rules, very clearly.

https://www.scionlife.com/forums/private-party-classifieds-1611/private-party-classified-ppc-rules-requirements-4/
Originally Posted by PPC Rules
-Please do not reply to a post unless you need more information.
-If you think the price is too high or the product is not to your liking, please do not hassle the seller.
-No Sale Jacking. Please start your own thread.
/discussion
Old 10-19-2009, 08:29 PM
SL Member

Originally Posted by ack154
Ya, so just to clarify, his Seller Experience thread is totally separate from what he did. Regardless of someone's dealings with ANY seller, jacking someone's sale thread is not allowed (check the rules). And I saw the post. It violated the rules, very clearly.

https://www.scionlife.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4

/discussion
You cannot lead possible buyers in that thread to the seller's experience thread? How is that jacking? Just want clarification here.

Last edited by JrTcs; 10-19-2009 at 10:57 PM.
Old 10-19-2009, 08:35 PM
SL Member

Originally Posted by demer11
serious buyer here. how much u sellin for? n for some reason i cant pm u. or i cant find it watever. my email i demer11@aol.com
Obviousintentions told me to tell you he emailed you and will message you on here tomorrow.
Old 10-20-2009, 01:41 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I don't even know why I'm bothering to explain this... especially to you - but considering you care soooo much about the situation that you are not even involved in... here goes.

Like I said, his Seller Experience thread is a whole other thing. He got banned for posting something in someone else's sales thread about how stupid they all were and how much cheaper it was somewhere else and gave a link - which is not allowed... like I already quoted. I don't think it was even anything to do with that Jesse guy... (though I don't know what the original sale thread was since the infraction doesn't show that part).
Old 10-20-2009, 07:33 PM
SL Member

Originally Posted by ack154

I don't even know why I'm bothering to explain this... especially to you - but considering you care soooo much about the situation that you are not even involved in... here goes.

Like I said, his Seller Experience thread is a whole other thing. He got banned for posting something in someone else's sales thread about how stupid they all were and how much cheaper it was somewhere else and gave a link - which is not allowed... like I already quoted. I don't think it was even anything to do with that Jesse guy... (though I don't know what the original sale thread was since the infraction doesn't show that part).
I asked him to ask you since, when your banned you cant do anything, just as an idea maybe you should allow people to message admins only. The reason I got banned, was about 3-4 months ago someone posted an item I was interested in on here for a severely inflated price and I sugessted he lower it based on the fact I found it for was 50 bucks cheaper on a website, that I listed to him, this is "jacking" apparently and is not allowed lmfao!. As for the unichip it is SOLD!!!!!
Old 10-20-2009, 08:26 PM
Admin Emeritus

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Exclamation

Originally Posted by ObviousIntentions08TC
I asked him to ask you since, when your banned you cant do anything, just as an idea maybe you should allow people to message admins only. The reason I got banned, was about 3-4 months ago someone posted an item I was interested in on here for a severely inflated price and I sugessted he lower it based on the fact I found it for was 50 bucks cheaper on a website, that I listed to him, this is "jacking" apparently and is not allowed lmfao!. As for the unichip it is SOLD!!!!!
As to why your posting permissions were suspended, you are correct: You broke the published rules and that is the result, all pretty much automatic.

As to contacting anyone, you have multiple choices. My email address is published numerous places on this site, including in the post listing all active ScionLife staff...

There is also the "Contact us & Help" link at the bottom of nearly every page.

Finally, none of these posts in this sales thread in the PPC section belong in a sales thread, so I'm moving them OUT of the PPC thread and getting it back to what it should be.

Tom

Last edited by Tomas; 10-20-2009 at 08:37 PM. Reason: cleanup
Old 10-20-2009, 08:47 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Heh... ya, I left it in there so he could see. Though ironically it did break the rules.
Old 10-20-2009, 08:51 PM
Admin Emeritus

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Yeah, I wouldn't even have noticed but he PMd me asking how one becomes a supermod or admin on the site, and that got me looking.

Just did some cleanup while I was there.
Old 10-20-2009, 11:13 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Tomas
he PMd me asking how one becomes a supermod or admin on the site
Old 10-20-2009, 11:33 PM
Admin Emeritus

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Now, now, that's a legitimate question, and I gave a fairly complete answer...

The owners of the site chose the Admin from amongst the existing experienced SuperMods when a new Admin was needed when the original Admin, and founder of the site, stepped down.

SuperMods are recruited from the ranks of experienced Moderators by the Admin, after discussion with the existing SuperMods.

Moderators are volunteers or suggested by existing Moderators, SuperMods, or the Admin, and are the entry level of staff here at ScionLife.

Moderators each have some Moderation functions (locking or deleting threads, deleting or editing posts, moving posts or threads, cautioning users when they step over the line, etc.) over specific areas of the site, and refer more serious needs to the SuperMods. The SuperMods have more powers than the mods, and can suspend and ban members.

The Admin has a few more powers than the SuperMods, and sets the tone of how moderation will be carried out, establishes rules, and acts as the "appeals court" for mod and SuperMod actions.

Currently the process is fairly democratic, but final decisions are the responsibility of the Admin.

Hope that answers your questions.

Tom
Considering how many times I've answered very similar questions, I suspect I should put up a serious and detailed explanation for folks.

Tom
Old 10-21-2009, 02:45 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Ya, that's probably a good idea. I was just laughing at who was asking and the circumstances. I get the question from time to time.