Notices
Website Discussion Problem? Let us know about it here...

Sponsored Sales Classifieds Idea

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2010, 05:10 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Sponsored Sales Classifieds Idea

So we've all seen the threads with people frustrated with the Sponsored Sales forum. Problem is when a vendor has 10 or 15 threads of their own sales, they typically will bump them all and push everything else off the page. So you now have to wade through pages of the same damn threads to find out if there are any deals you are actually interested in.

Well browsing over on NASIOC, I saw what I thought was a brilliantly simple idea...

Make subforums for some of the larger vendors. Over there they call it the "vendor storefront" or something and have subforums for some of the sponsors.

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=196

Now I presume that these people on NASIOC pay a little premium for this kind of exposure - but honestly, here, it would be nice to get it either way. Whether or not we charge extra for it isn't up to me.

What I would like to see, ideally, is that if a vendor wants to have more than say... 3 separate open threads (random arbitrary number) in the Sponsored Sales forum, they need to have their own subforum for them. If there are 3 or less active threads, then they can continue to post in the main Sponsored Sales area.

Can you just imagine how much clutter this would clear up?
Old 07-23-2010, 05:27 PM
Jon
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

I like this idea.
Old 07-24-2010, 07:19 AM
Admin Emeritus

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I like it, too.

As necessary as sponsors are to the site, some of them are incredibly annoying (which for some odd reason strikes me as a poor way to make friends and sell products).

Anything that would help keep the multiple-thread-monsters from burying the other folks who may play more nicely, while allowing ALL of them to get selling visibility would be nice.

Let's talk about this in the Fortress, eh?