Notices
xB Tech and DIY Info for the Scion xB

Air Suspension Information

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2005, 04:54 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Easystreets rear kit works fine. I wouldnt buy their front kit again... I had problems with it as well as others. Im awaiting EAIs cylinders to come in.
Old 02-14-2005, 11:17 PM
5 Year Member

how are the eai cylinders working out for you? hows the ride.
Old 03-22-2005, 04:28 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

EVERYONE WITH AIR CYLINDERS.....READ THIS...
i had cylinders installed on my civic, i took them out after nearly 60k miles, you must watch two things...........the little filters on the lower ports need to stay, if the get knocked off or you fail to put them on it will and i mean willl reasult in leakage because of dirt build up on the inner o-rings if this happens it will cause air leakage out of the bottom port......to remedy this you must take the cylinder apart and manually clean and re lube it......next..........A REAL BIGGIE>>>>keep you eyes on the uretahne bushings on the top, over tightening under tightening will cause strut tower crack.....i am serious plus if the bushings become crushed due to wear, replace them..........or they will cause cracks..........this has happend to me and several others.....AIR RIDE ROCKS JUST WATCH YOUR MAINT........you will need to lube those rods peroidically regardless of what aim EAC or anyone tells you i have installed many systems and been around bags and rods for 5-6 years now......any questions drop me an e-mail
Old 03-22-2005, 04:29 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

i meant AIM-IND or EAC
Old 03-23-2005, 06:43 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i have a eai front setup forsale $400.00. with all hardware. 251-391-0347

Old 04-18-2005, 11:14 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I have the easystreet kit installed on my B.O.P. xb. It is awesome. The guys at Easystreet were more than happy to answer any of the questions I had. I had one problem with the driver rear sleeve bag. It didn't seal correctly from the factory and I happened to be the one in a million people with the seal failure. I received a new one in two days under warranty. I have very many people asking me how I like my kit, I LOVE IT!!! Respect the airride and it will respect you. Ask a few of the people on here that live in Phoenix, they could tell you how the system looks and performs. If anyone has any installation questions, lemme know.
Old 04-20-2005, 09:35 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

youre not the only one who has had a problem with a rear easystreet bag. Mine work fine but another SL member had one bad out of the box.
Old 04-25-2005, 05:31 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i hav e a set of x-air cylinders 4sale $400.00.if interested call 251-391-0347.

pics installed.

Old 04-25-2005, 11:48 PM
5 Year Member

Default draggin

i have bags on mine with 18's and was wonderin if you could explain how to lay out the back so i could drag the frame, in the back i got it to about 3.5" off the ground and the front is 2" off the ground but dont know where to go from there, and cutting is not a problem
Old 05-10-2005, 05:31 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Default Re: draggin

Originally Posted by midang
i have bags on mine with 18's and was wonderin if you could explain how to lay out the back so i could drag the frame, in the back i got it to about 3.5" off the ground and the front is 2" off the ground but dont know where to go from there, and cutting is not a problem
have you taken out your rear bumpstops yet? Take out the bumpstops from the rear shocks and either cut them in half or remove them completely and it will drop considerably.
Old 07-08-2005, 05:33 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Scikotics
SL Member
Team N.V.S.
Scion Evolution

Air Camber Issues in the front?

I think i found a way to get it perfect:

either get the EZcam camber bolts from any goldline dealer (precicions muffler in ca, scion specialties of vegas...) part# 81260, adjusts +-1.75 costs $47

or from toyota, part #90105 - 14147 aka "crash bolt?" cost $2.16 each bolt, so under 10 for 4...and that supposedly will cure the problem (ill be ordering them today; should get them in a few days...

these are the most economical ways, and my true suggestion would be to go with Goldline; the bolts are thicker and offer a better range of adjustment... we'll c how this goes...
Old 07-13-2005, 04:59 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Scikotics
SL Member
Team N.V.S.
Scion Evolution

UPDATE: on the use of the "crash Bolt"

the only place it can be used is the lower bolt hole in the bracket' the upper can be pushed back as far as it's slotted, and then it hits the shock.. so it won't go in further.

int he lower bolt hole; i had a huge improvement in handeling; and it's a good fix for $5 even if it's not perfect yet.. though i'll never run rims w/that camber...

ill update again when/if i get the ezCam bolts in
Old 08-04-2005, 03:28 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Scikotics
SL Member
Team N.V.S.
Scion Evolution

well, its been a while since ive had a chance to update the news on my air ride... teh crash bolt caused quite a bit of negative camber....in a few hundred miles ive already got the steel belt of the tire showing...

now my question: if i were to have my car aligned with air suspension, then go back to goldline coils up front..will i need to have it re-aligned?

im guessing yes; someone pm me about it if possible. thx!

~tesh
Old 09-19-2005, 11:45 PM
5 Year Member

is anyone famililar with air runner suspension for the scion xA?
Old 12-12-2005, 05:46 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Scikotics
SL Member
Team N.V.S.
Scion Evolution

its the same as the xBs suspension setup - and as said, it works great! pm bboxd if you hav q's on airrunner --
Old 01-10-2006, 11:11 PM
SMR
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member
Team N.V.S.
Scion Evolution

I am runnign a FBI rides air suspension setup with easy street strut bags on the front. I also am running Camber plates from FBI which they customized for the scion bolt pattern. No more cambe rissues and tire wearing. Worked like a charm and yes if you were to go back to springs you would need to get allignment again.
Old 01-29-2006, 03:44 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

some one please list all the parts needed for an air suspension like fittings and all that stuff ok well thx in advance and one more since air struts are used in the front how would i use just a bag is there a braket
Old 07-28-2006, 10:56 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i can also answer any questions involved with airrunner air suspension. my xb is driven daily and has been riding on air for thousands of miles. let me know if i can help in any way guys!
Old 08-05-2006, 04:44 PM
5 Year Member

Default scion xb and bottoming out/ heavy load

hi everyone
new to the forum here
would like to get a scion xb but alswyas have about 300 lbs of musci gear in the back,
i live in new england so I'm concerned about bottoming out with the load and how it will all go in the winter any ideas to beef up the rear suspension, i'm actually looking not to lower the car but to keep the rear end up with the 300lbs in the back

thanks!
Old 08-05-2006, 07:01 PM
Ed
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Re: scion xb and bottoming out/ heavy load

Originally Posted by gerhardf
hi everyone
new to the forum here
would like to get a scion xb but alswyas have about 300 lbs of musci gear in the back,
i live in new england so I'm concerned about bottoming out with the load and how it will all go in the winter any ideas to beef up the rear suspension, i'm actually looking not to lower the car but to keep the rear end up with the 300lbs in the back

thanks!
Air Lift sells a Load Assist kit for the rears. You don't replace any suspension components,you're installing a pair of airbags inside the rear springs. Part # 60744
http://www.airliftcompany.com/new-index/Frameset.htm

Quick Reply: Air Suspension Information