Notices
xB2 Tech and DIY Info for the Scion xB2

Mobile HID INSTALLED! (w/ pics)

Old 06-01-2007, 01:21 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by darrenf1
That might be pushing it. I hid my ballasts up front inside the fender well. The install is very easy to stealth.
so the stock harness plugs into the ballast say maybe 12" play

and I heard not to just double tape it, they gat hot and fall off

by broth used rivet nuts and install them good. even with heat shields

ps

i think i may gor with 4800k instead of 6000

are they really blue
Old 06-01-2007, 01:29 AM
10 Year Member
SL Member

Yeah, about 12" of play between the ballast and bulb, maybe a bit more. The 8000Ks I received are VERY blue, actually there are some spots in the pattern that are green. I am really looking forward to getting my 4300Ks. I don't need the blue look, I just want the most light for the buck.
Old 06-01-2007, 01:35 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

yeah, 4300k is what i think look like stock too.

i had 6000 one time and they look blue all the time
Old 06-01-2007, 01:42 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

If you buy from Cliff - consider 5000k
Old 06-01-2007, 01:43 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by 06B0X
If you buy from Cliff - consider 5000k
where and how much

is it quality...when dealing with electrical, qualtiy is one...i learn the hard way with a fire once. cheap crap.
Old 06-01-2007, 01:44 AM
10 Year Member
SL Member

He doesn't list 5000K. Only 3000, 4300, 6000 and 8000.
Old 06-01-2007, 08:06 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Hey All!

DarrenF1 - Sorry for the wrong bulbs man, I really apologize for that. I checked my inventory and I unfortunately am all out of the 4300k and 5k kits. BUT DON'T WORRY... ;) I have a new shipment of H11 5k and H11 4300k coming in and for your troubles, you will be receiving THE FIRST 2nd gen LED flashlights that I give away if someone orders and I don't have it in stock.

These things are bright, they'll light up the ground in front of you for 40 feet and come with 2 CR123 batteries that have a shelf life of 5+ years. Talk about an emergency light! Another great thing is it can be used without the reflective housing so you get a generous amount of light everywhere in front of you.

It's hard to explain but believe me, you'll enjoy the flashlight. In fact, I'll be sending it out to you prior to the bulbs so you can enjoy it soon.

About the 5k kits - I'll list them when they come in.

CheapChic- I would say my kits rank up there with the best of them. I've done quite a bit of testing with other brands (phiilips, mccolloch, hid cool, klight, golden eye, bosch, and vision x) and all of the kits failed tests except for mine and the philips kit. All of my ballasts are injected with rubber so they are water proof and shock proof. All kits come with a relay and fuse wired into the wire harness and the power wires are pretty thick so you don't have to worry about shorting anything out. Not only that, the warm up time is fairly quick with these ballasts - other ballasts like the Bosch kits take longer to warm up for one reason or another.

Thanks all.

Clifford
Old 06-01-2007, 12:39 PM
10 Year Member
SL Member

Wow, Thanks Cliff. I don't see those flashlights on your site. Does it use the Cree XR-E bulb? I was just about to order myself a Fenix P2D, to go along with my Surefire A2. Can't wait to see it, and even more, can't wait for my 4300Ks. Thanks for you service.

Darren
Old 06-01-2007, 03:54 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

darrenf1 - I pm'd you some pictures of the flashlight.
Old 09-25-2007, 01:57 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
1UP Crew
SL Member

are 5000k H11 bulbs available? and if so, how much for just the pair of bulbs? i went to ur website but did not find 5000k H11 bulbs. i'm trying to find the best price. so far, i've seen $60 shipped overnight. thanks
Old 09-25-2007, 02:29 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

hey bads33d- the H11 5k bulbs are in stock and if you just want bulbs, it is $60 shipped.

Thanks.

Clifford
Old 09-25-2007, 02:53 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
1UP Crew
SL Member

do u have any pics of a scion with 5000k?
Old 09-25-2007, 03:06 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

I'm positive some are floatng around but if you need a color reference, the car on the main website has 5k for lows and fogs.

http://www.mobilehid.com

Thanks.

Clifford
Old 09-25-2007, 08:21 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

BADS33D, check the link to my cardomain site for my Scion and go through the pages. You will see the 5k on mine.
Old 09-25-2007, 12:06 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
1UP Crew
SL Member

Originally Posted by timmer357
BADS33D, check the link to my cardomain site for my Scion and go through the pages. You will see the 5k on mine.
thanks timmer. quick question tho, from the drivers said view....does it light up the road white or yellow? let me know, thanks. by the way, the xb looks good
Old 09-25-2007, 03:36 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

As Cliff can attest to, I wanted something that had that bluish color like factory HIDs and the 6k were about a week longer to get at that time (Cliff withstood DAYS of indecisive emails). I was going to go with 8k just for the blue look, but Cliff (being the wise man and awesome customer service guy he is) promoted 5k especially considering the Oregon climate (more rain is possibly bad with 8k). I got them and love them. Still have the look of factory HIDs. We are trained to see the old school halogen lights and therefore anything toward white or blue looks trick in my opinion. You won't be disappointed with 5k. When and if my bulbs have to be replaced, I may try the 6k but it wouldn't be out of disappointment with the 5k.
Old 09-27-2007, 10:17 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by biggiej

my review from driving around tonight:

the HIDs are very bright. you turn the car on and it takes a couple of seconds to warm up then its like daylight. having the projector headlights, the light pattern has a very clean cut-off point...
so is this clean cut-off above or below all that glare? lol. sorry man, not trying to ruin your fun but that has got to be one of the worst cutoffs. the whole point of using projectors in headlights is that no light shines above the "cut off". you have 2 GIANT glares above each projectors supposed cutoff.

you wanna throw an hid kit in, thats fine. llooks ok. but dont act like it functions the way its supposed to.

there is a difference between projectors made for halogen and projectors made for hid. you have an hid bulb behind halogen projectors and thats why you are getting the poor results and very bad cut-off that will be having oncoming traffic saying wtf when they have to cross paths with you.

:-(

dont let it get you down, and if you muster up the courage...retro the projectors to get the results that make true HID systems beneficial. best of luck. take it easy
Old 09-28-2007, 04:49 AM

As Cliff can attest to, I wanted something that had that bluish color like factory HIDs and the 6k were about a week longer to get at that time (Cliff withstood DAYS of indecisive emails). I was going to go with 8k just for the blue look, but Cliff (being the wise man and awesome customer service guy he is) promoted 5k especially considering the Oregon climate (more rain is possibly bad with 8k). I got them and love them. Still have the look of factory HIDs. We are trained to see the old school halogen lights and therefore anything toward white or blue looks trick in my opinion. You won't be disappointed with 5k. When and if my bulbs have to be replaced, I may try the 6k but it wouldn't be out of disappointment with the 5k.
Agreed. The 5000k HIDs rock! Thanks again to Clifford for fast shipping, and A+ Customer Service.
Old 09-28-2007, 11:55 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by freakinjared
Agreed. The 5000k HIDs rock! Thanks again to Clifford for fast shipping, and A+ Customer Service.
so 5k looks like what???
Old 09-28-2007, 04:12 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by snowromance
Originally Posted by biggiej

my review from driving around tonight:

the HIDs are very bright. you turn the car on and it takes a couple of seconds to warm up then its like daylight. having the projector headlights, the light pattern has a very clean cut-off point...
so is this clean cut-off above or below all that glare? lol. sorry man, not trying to ruin your fun but that has got to be one of the worst cutoffs. the whole point of using projectors in headlights is that no light shines above the "cut off". you have 2 GIANT glares above each projectors supposed cutoff.

you wanna throw an hid kit in, thats fine. llooks ok. but dont act like it functions the way its supposed to.

there is a difference between projectors made for halogen and projectors made for hid. you have an hid bulb behind halogen projectors and thats why you are getting the poor results and very bad cut-off that will be having oncoming traffic saying wtf when they have to cross paths with you.

:-(

dont let it get you down, and if you muster up the courage...retro the projectors to get the results that make true HID systems beneficial. best of luck. take it easy
cutoff, proper

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Mobile HID INSTALLED! (w/ pics)