Notices
All Other Vehicles Concepts and non-Toyotas...

The car that would kill tC/GTI sales. And it's a domestic!?

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2006, 02:56 PM
web
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

But you can't argue the extra pollution factor amounting from diesel exhaust. That's another huge issue and why many people fended off buying diesels. Greenhouse gases are too big of a scare now.
Old 10-25-2006, 03:26 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Exclusive
SL Member

im not really up to speed on what comes out and how bad it is...there might be more stuff coming out but the stuff coming out isnt as bad ya know what I mean? idk. even so...the diesel engine would need to make 160% of the pollution that the gas engine makes in order for the gas engine to win. again i have no idea about emission. i know Europe is very tight with there diesel emission stuff now, and that it has been greatly reduced. we will be getting much better diesel fuel in the very near future also which will help also.
Old 10-25-2006, 03:32 PM
web
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

true true..................If only water could be as potent as gas or diesel. Ever see the Saint? Cold fusion experiment to convert water into heat? That would be amazing. I know it's somewhat in development to run a hydro car but I'm saying one with as much power as gas powered super cars today would be something close to a miracle.
Old 10-25-2006, 03:38 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Exclusive
SL Member

yea, thats a really good movie. I think thats the next answer. Electric cars are a useless....where is the electricity to charge the cars going to come from? power plants would need to pump out alot more energy. (IE. more pollution and larger demand for oil, two steps forward one step back) the only way to make electric cars work is nuclear power and that ist going to happen any time soon. Diesel is here now. It will give us enough time to figure something else out.
Old 10-25-2006, 03:46 PM
web
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I agree on the fact that electric cars are useless. Another problem is that we are to set on using oil/electricity for our household uses as well. Oil/electric heating, water heating and all that. If we could rely more on solar/water/and wind energy for household issues, fuel consumption could be decreased drastically and possibly exponentially. It's much cheaper to produce wind energy and water energy due to the fact that it's already present. Oil drilling relies so much on production of rigs and continuous power for drilling meaning that it uses a lot more fuel just to get crude oil. Water and wind energy may cost a bit to get the rigs set up but then requires no power to run b/c it's continuous due to nature. It's still a dream of humanity, but one that could save so much in many aspects.
Old 10-25-2006, 03:49 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Exclusive
SL Member

to many greedy SOB at the oil companies and no politician with a set big enough to speak up
Old 10-25-2006, 03:51 PM
web
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Democracy...................right.....that went out the window too long ago. For the people by the people? No, For the Money by the Greedy is more like it.
Old 10-25-2006, 04:00 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by web
Democracy...................right.....that went out the window too long ago. For the people by the people? No, For the Money by the Greedy is more like it.
Amen brother, and sooooo many people are completely clueless as to what goes on these days.

Lol, this topic is beginning to sound like it's de-railing
Old 10-25-2006, 04:09 PM
web
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

yeah..................let's just keep it in our thoughts that the current world setup sucks and that's that.........

Back to the domestic car.
Old 10-25-2006, 08:58 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team XcelsiA
SL Member

F domestics I've had the displeasure of driveing 4 domestics for any decent amount of time, and 3 of them died with cracked heads.
Old 10-27-2006, 01:57 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

if GM was smart this car should have been the Cobalt or the next Cobalt. I want to buy the production version of this so bad i'm willing to relocate to europe just own one. This car has so much potentional to be a great tuner car and lock in the youth market that GM is trying to recapture. Now unfortunately its true the baby boomer generation may not like the angles but this vehicle wouldn't be for that demographic anyways so let's hope someone at GM gets a clue and bring this new gem over here even if it's as a Saturn, or Pontiac. I would be the first in line to drive one home.
Old 10-27-2006, 02:06 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team XcelsiA
SL Member

Dude, go to Europe for the Women, stay for the Cars. They would have to do something special with this to convince me that it wouldn't die in like 7 years.
Old 12-13-2006, 04:21 AM
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by YourNameHere
400hp and still 15sec 1/4 miles. i saw a road test of a Honda Odyssey vs a Plymouth Superbird...needless to say the minivan out preformed the Superbird in nearly every measurable category. Nice to look at, nice to listen to. thats about it.

If you can't figure out *WHY* you fail, please get offline and punch yourself square in the face.
Old 08-11-2007, 12:40 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

that chevy POS thing is so ugly