Notices
All Other Vehicles Concepts and non-Toyotas...

Hako concept. tC replacement

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2008, 12:59 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

insert witty retort here.
Old 03-11-2008, 05:11 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

This isn't rocket science. Add more machinery and you cause more resistance and weight. More resistance equals more friction to counter. More weight equals more mass to push down the road. Working against more resistance and pushing more weight takes more power. Power is fuel. Tah da, less MPG. Any kid thats had a bike knows this. Carry a friend on your bike and its harder to petal. Your burning more PBJ's, aka fuel. Pull a wagon with your bike and its harder to petal. Your burning more PBJ's aka fuel.
Old 03-11-2008, 05:24 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Big Sky Scion
Scikotics
SL Member

wow there sure has been alot of these "replacement tc" post lately...

i would actually see the tc changed to somethign completly different, just so there would be less tc's on the road

but then again I dont, because then the aftermarket support would undoubtedly suffer as well...

and for the above poster...i like the PBJ reference... i love PBJ's - if the tc ran on PBJ i would never shut it off! :D
Old 03-11-2008, 02:31 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by couper2
This isn't rocket science. Add more machinery and you cause more resistance and weight. More resistance equals more friction to counter. More weight equals more mass to push down the road. Working against more resistance and pushing more weight takes more power. Power is fuel. Tah da, less MPG. Any kid thats had a bike knows this. Carry a friend on your bike and its harder to petal. Your burning more PBJ's, aka fuel. Pull a wagon with your bike and its harder to petal. Your burning more PBJ's aka fuel.
i love it when people think they know it all

do some research then come back

but for right now, at 38 years old, your making yourself sound really dumb

i know you grew up on the whole "domestic" lifestyle but a lot has changed

so if your theory is so right then, how does the TDI's get better MPG but weight more?

its all about the engine not the weight, and also how efficient the engine is at transferring power off the crank to the wheels (the crank is where power is lost but im sure you knew this already) if you did you research rather acting like you know everything then posting on internet forums you would of known this
Old 03-11-2008, 02:35 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
teamNJCT
Fresh Crew
SL Member

Originally Posted by kustom_play
Originally Posted by couper2

so if your theory is so right then, how does the TDI's get better MPG but weight more?

its all about the engine not the weight, and also how efficient the engine is at transferring power off the crank to the wheels (the crank is where power is lost but im sure you knew this already) if you did you research rather acting like you know everything then posting on internet forums you would of known this
You're seriously going to compare a diesel to a gasoline engine? Well in that case, how come the Tesla gets better gas milage than the TDI?
Old 03-11-2008, 02:37 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

he was comparing weight

not engines

"ts all about the engine not the weight"

read what i posted or are you too busy reading up on AWD vs 4WD

lol

but yes, the telsa does get better MPG because it uses Lithon Ion technology

but even that has a downside because they explode when overheated
Old 03-11-2008, 02:42 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
teamNJCT
Fresh Crew
SL Member

he was comparing weight

not engines

"ts all about the engine not the weight"

read what i posted or are you too busy reading up on AWD vs 4WD

lol
I read what you posted, and the AWD thing cannot be proven unless someone has taken the exact same vehicle with AWD and converted it to FWD/RWD or vise versa. Take a look at a car like the STi, stock 300BHP, 225WHP, or the Evo...287HP, 220WHP That's about a 25% loss in power vs the usual 15% in FWD cars. I'm not going to debate about it.

Now the whole weight thing? He's right. Are you really suggesting that with a vehicle equiped with a gasoline engine, that you can just infinitely add weight without effecting milage?
Old 03-11-2008, 03:21 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

the tc is scions #1 seller..... they're gonna go down like ford did when they discontinued the taurus for one year and had to bring it back
Old 03-12-2008, 02:04 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scion Society
SL Member

no way that is the rear portion of the car. Unless some one was retarded and put the tires on backwards.
Old 03-12-2008, 02:12 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

When you resort to name calling you've lost an argument Kustom.
By the way I actually grew up with Toyotas. I've own nothing but Toyotas. Not that domestic or foreign has anything to do with the subject.
Engines are not a factor in how AWD/4WD reduces the MPG of a car. By mentioning a diesel engine your including a factor that is irrelevant. If you took two cars that were exactly the same, including the engine, except that one car was AWD/4WD and the another car was 2WD, the 2WD car would get better gas mileage. Simply because the 2WD car would weight less and have less resistance. It is that simple. A AWD/4WD diesel engined car might get better MPG than a 2WD gasoline car but that would have nothing to do with how many wheels are being driven and everything to do with the differences in the engines and the fuel they use.
Old 03-12-2008, 04:39 AM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

OMG!!!!!!

im under verbal confidentiality but you guys HAVE NO IDEA what this is really gonna be, man its gonna be great next wednesday at 3:15 eastern, lol
I for one love it, some wont at all/ and that is the front driver side pictured
this aint gonna replace the tC in a sense that it will leave an empty spot for a coupe.....

ive prolly said too much!!! corporate knows me by username here now

!! that front quarter tease has nothing leading on what the rest is on there !!!
Old 03-12-2008, 05:01 AM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

lets all go to one thread.

https://www.scionlife.com/forums/vie...469&highlight=