Notices
All Other Vehicles Concepts and non-Toyotas...

Traded my 2010 Jetta for 2011 5.0. Added few pictures

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2011, 03:01 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Love the 5.0 Coyote engine, it is amazing how much power they can produce with a simple supercharger.
Old 07-01-2011, 05:45 PM

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

/\/\ VMP Tuning just pulled a 10.0 @130ish on one with a 2.3L TVS on stock motor/stock auto trans. Freaking ridiculous, almost makes me wanna sell the cobra, ha.
Old 07-01-2011, 11:12 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member

SL Member

Originally Posted by Prototype_xB
/\/\ VMP Tuning just pulled a 10.0 @130ish on one with a 2.3L TVS on stock motor/stock auto trans. Freaking ridiculous, almost makes me wanna sell the cobra, ha.
You won't do it ! haha
Old 07-02-2011, 02:12 AM

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Originally Posted by RusWolf
You won't do it ! haha
Waiting to see the 2013 GT500 before i do anything rash. Rumored to be a 5.8 coyote hybrid and mass rumors of twin turbos and 650hp.
Old 07-02-2011, 02:41 AM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member

SL Member

Yeah i read that as well somewhere ! That will be insane...Makes me sad, because mine is 2011 and in 2 lousy years the body style is probably going to change so that's no bueno. I just hope it won't change much and my 5.0 will still look good and be competitive as far as power goes. Well by that time if i still have this baby it will be supercharged 90% of a chance.
Old 07-02-2011, 03:14 AM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member

SL Member

Proto take a look at this thread.

http://www.allfordmustangs.com/forum...ning-mods.html

Makes me change my mind about tuning for now at least. I think my only "power" mod for now is going to be Roush axlebacks. Because if anything (knock on wood) happens we can always swap it out in 30 mins before i go to the dealership.
Old 07-02-2011, 06:05 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Just scooped up my 2012 5.0 today Sold my RS3.0 to a co-worker and got 5k in cash equity from it for a down payment on the stang. Got a base GT with 3.73 gears and Brembo brake package. Exactly what I wanted and nothing more. No door sill plates, no premium sound, no leather, no silver dash and steering wheel accents. 4 seats, 5 liters, 6 speeds and a butt-load of fun! I'll get pics up tomorrow when I'm not tired as hell from driving all day to drop off my car, go to the dealership, and drive back (1.5 hours one way).

Did you get the 3.73 rear and brake package too? Can't tell from the pics.
Old 07-02-2011, 09:02 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member

SL Member

Unfoetunately I did not get the brembos or any upgraded gears because unfortunately I did not order the my car I bought from what they had in stock. I honestly wish I had the brembo package because alot of things are included. Mainly suspension and wider tires. But too late now, I love my 5.0 as it is.
Old 07-02-2011, 11:36 PM

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Originally Posted by RusWolf
Proto take a look at this thread.

http://www.allfordmustangs.com/forum...ning-mods.html

Makes me change my mind about tuning for now at least. I think my only "power" mod for now is going to be Roush axlebacks. Because if anything (knock on wood) happens we can always swap it out in 30 mins before i go to the dealership.
Well, that TSB sucks. Shoulda got a used 500 for around 30k haha
Old 07-02-2011, 11:59 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I had to search for months to find one with nothing but the Brembo package and 3.73 gears But in the long run, it's worth it. You can always change that stuff out later if needed.
Old 07-03-2011, 02:47 AM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member

SL Member

Originally Posted by rangerryda
I had to search for months to find one with nothing but the Brembo package and 3.73 gears But in the long run, it's worth it. You can always change that stuff out later if needed.
Really? yours was not an order from the factory ?
Old 07-03-2011, 06:22 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Nope, they had 3 identically packaged white ones on the lot with just the gears and brake package
Old 07-03-2011, 06:23 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Huuuuugggggeeeee Daytona Auto Mall so they have tons of mustangs. I counted 6+ Shelby's and God knows how many Roush's.
Old 07-03-2011, 03:29 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member

SL Member

I like roush mustangs! I wish I had enough $$ for a Roush.
Old 07-03-2011, 10:22 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I'd rather start with a GT and do everything myself instead of buying a packaged car cuz I like the fun of modding!
Old 07-06-2011, 05:22 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Not if you saw how roush does it you wouldnt. There is almost NO way you can do as good of a job as they do. They are a full in-house production and design company, with molds that blow off the doors of the competition. If I was to buy a pre-modded car, roush is the
ONLY company that does it like that. I mean, those guys have it down to a science. You need to watch a special that HDNET had on it and it would change your mind.

I know its fun to mod your own car. But there is a difference between excellence and precision, and your "friend" doing it in his little rinky-dink garage. Roush is a top tier production company, and they build things that are exact OEM specs, but "cooler" and custom.

Seriously, you just need to see if you can find the roush special that HDNET had. Its one of the hour long shows. I am not a mustang fanatic, but I can certainly respect the car. When it comes to Jack Roush, the man is a god. I seriously see why people spend the extra dough to have a roush mustang. Infact, I would LOVE to have a roush ford focus.
The fit and finish on the parts that come out of the factory, are so freaking good. If you saw how all the body pieces were made, its amazing. He has billions wrapped up in tool and die process machines.
Old 07-07-2011, 02:15 AM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member

SL Member

Well you can techincally get ALL of the Rosuh parts and put them on yourself if you like modding.

In the future i'm planning on adding BOSS 302 front chin spoiler with Saleen grille and either Roush or GT500 rear valance. That will pretty much be it as far as body goes. Then i would like to add some nice wheels where i can run something crazy like 285 in the back ! And to finish it off a nice kit of Wilwood Big Brake kit or Roush and i'm DONE !

The problem is I NEED TO SELL MY TC ! And i definately need to sell my SSR type F and STANCE coilovers !

P.S. Over the weekend installed my Roush exhaust. Thanks to Prototype_XB for helping out and allowing to use his garage and tools ! this thing SOUNDS MEAN !

Drive-by:

Standing rev's:

All videos were take by a cell phone so sound quality is NOT the best, but you can definately get an idea !
Old 07-07-2011, 09:09 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by torqueTc
Not if you saw how roush does it you wouldnt. There is almost NO way you can do as good of a job as they do. They are a full in-house production and design company, with molds that blow off the doors of the competition. If I was to buy a pre-modded car, roush is the
ONLY company that does it like that. I mean, those guys have it down to a science. You need to watch a special that HDNET had on it and it would change your mind.

I know its fun to mod your own car. But there is a difference between excellence and precision, and your "friend" doing it in his little rinky-dink garage. Roush is a top tier production company, and they build things that are exact OEM specs, but "cooler" and custom.

Seriously, you just need to see if you can find the roush special that HDNET had. Its one of the hour long shows. I am not a mustang fanatic, but I can certainly respect the car. When it comes to Jack Roush, the man is a god. I seriously see why people spend the extra dough to have a roush mustang. Infact, I would LOVE to have a roush ford focus.
The fit and finish on the parts that come out of the factory, are so freaking good. If you saw how all the body pieces were made, its amazing. He has billions wrapped up in tool and die process machines.
I still would because I don't like everything Roush does to their mustangs. Some parts are cool to me, and others are kinda bleh... I do everything myself, not by a friend in some rinky dink garage. We all know they do a great job but don't tell me what I do and don't like.
Old 07-07-2011, 09:11 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Nice sound! Just way too loud for me lol. I just want a rumble note, not so much something that the people at the track will feel in their chest lol. It is a good tone for that volume though. Not cheesy sounding ya know? Prob a lot nicer in person too.
Old 07-08-2011, 02:01 AM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member

SL Member

^^ I guess its kind of loud on the take off's or when i go WOT, but on the highway while just cruising it sounds pretty much the same absolutely NO drone of any kind. I really love this exhaust and happy that i got it.

Quick Reply: Traded my 2010 Jetta for 2011 5.0. Added few pictures