Notices
All Other Vehicles Concepts and non-Toyotas...

Traded my 2010 Jetta for 2011 5.0. Added few pictures

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2011, 03:55 AM

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Originally Posted by RusWolf
Well you can techincally get ALL of the Rosuh parts and put them on yourself if you like modding.

In the future i'm planning on adding BOSS 302 front chin spoiler with Saleen grille and either Roush or GT500 rear valance. That will pretty much be it as far as body goes. Then i would like to add some nice wheels where i can run something crazy like 285 in the back ! And to finish it off a nice kit of Wilwood Big Brake kit or Roush and i'm DONE !

The problem is I NEED TO SELL MY TC ! And i definately need to sell my SSR type F and STANCE coilovers !

P.S. Over the weekend installed my Roush exhaust. Thanks to Prototype_XB for helping out and allowing to use his garage and tools ! this thing SOUNDS MEAN !

Drive-by:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bbf3fRWieUI

Standing rev's:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7DsrC...eature=related

All videos were take by a cell phone so sound quality is NOT the best, but you can definately get an idea !
285 is weak. 305 or bust! 325's on 10" (6.5" backspace) wheels look beast!

I was waiting on props for using my garage at midnight, hahaha.

Those videos do it no justice. It has a semi-calm crank, idle, and cruise but when the hammer comes down it a nasty throaty roar.
Old 07-08-2011, 03:58 AM

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

^^ I guess its kind of loud on the take off's or when i go WOT, but on the highway while just cruising it sounds pretty much the same absolutely NO drone of any kind. I really love this exhaust and happy that i got it.
Roush sells the axle back u got for 05-09 GT's (which will fit my 500). I want them so bad but i cant justify putting roush on a shelby, ha.
Old 07-08-2011, 05:00 AM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member

SL Member

Originally Posted by Prototype_xB
285 is weak. 305 or bust! 325's on 10" (6.5" backspace) wheels look beast!

I was waiting on props for using my garage at midnight, hahaha.

Those videos do it no justice. It has a semi-calm crank, idle, and cruise but when the hammer comes down it a nasty throaty roar.

haha i think props in person matter MUCH more then some typed words on the forums, lol..and i'm pretty sure i gave you props in person ;)

I dont even know if 305 tires will fit on my car ! Lol.. for real they fit and no rubbing ?

WHEN i sell my tC and parts for it. I will throw $5-$6K towards paying off the mustang and will spend few grand on some mods.

I was thinking about Roush suspension kit i think it's like $1300 and it's exact same thing as they put on 5XR and it's guaranteed by Roush to pull 1G in lateral accelation on the skid pad..( i think thats right ) Check their website just in case.

And THEN i was thinking about getting some wheels with 255 upfront and something big on the back !

after that i was thinking about Wilwood or Saleen Big brake pckage for the front's. For some reason Saleen BBK is only $1300 i wonder why ? It's 4 piston calipers. Anyway and i think that will conclude any modifications and the next big thing i would want is Roush or Ford Racing supercharger towards when the warranty runs out and i'll be done with it. I like how there are not many things to do to get in to 500+ WHP. I mean a S/C will get me to 540+ with basic set up. It's crazy and i think Roush give a warranty on their products thats why i'm leaning towards them.

I'm just not sure about durability of the engine to be honest with you. From reading the boards ALOT of people hear some kind of tick from the engine after the first oil change. Weird right ? Ford's solution to that is some kind of additive to the oil that stop the tick. I hope it's nothing major.

Originally Posted by Prototype_xB
Roush sells the axle back u got for 05-09 GT's (which will fit my 500). I want them so bad but i cant justify putting roush on a shelby, ha.
Ohh come on now Don't be so brand specific, lol... If you like it the get them ! lol.. As long as they sound sick and you enjoy them who cares ?

But actually that's right don't get them ! Lol.. Otherwise your Shelby will sound very close to my 5.0 !
Old 07-08-2011, 12:19 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Shelby needs to adopt the 5.0 platform so we have more swappable parts
Old 07-08-2011, 01:05 PM

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

haha i think props in person matter MUCH more then some typed words on the forums, lol..and i'm pretty sure i gave you props in person ;)

I dont even know if 305 tires will fit on my car ! Lol.. for real they fit and no rubbing ?

WHEN i sell my tC and parts for it. I will throw $5-$6K towards paying off the mustang and will spend few grand on some mods.

I was thinking about Roush suspension kit i think it's like $1300 and it's exact same thing as they put on 5XR and it's guaranteed by Roush to pull 1G in lateral accelation on the skid pad..( i think thats right ) Check their website just in case.

And THEN i was thinking about getting some wheels with 255 upfront and something big on the back !

after that i was thinking about Wilwood or Saleen Big brake pckage for the front's. For some reason Saleen BBK is only $1300 i wonder why ? It's 4 piston calipers. Anyway and i think that will conclude any modifications and the next big thing i would want is Roush or Ford Racing supercharger towards when the warranty runs out and i'll be done with it. I like how there are not many things to do to get in to 500+ WHP. I mean a S/C will get me to 540+ with basic set up. It's crazy and i think Roush give a warranty on their products thats why i'm leaning towards them.

I'm just not sure about durability of the engine to be honest with you. From reading the boards ALOT of people hear some kind of tick from the engine after the first oil change. Weird right ? Ford's solution to that is some kind of additive to the oil that stop the tick. I hope it's nothing major.

Ohh come on now Don't be so brand specific, lol... If you like it the get them ! lol.. As long as they sound sick and you enjoy them who cares ?

But actually that's right don't get them ! Lol.. Otherwise your Shelby will sound very close to my 5.0 !
How wide are your back wheels? Mine are 9.5" and i have 305 mickey thompsons on. My buddy shaun just put 315's on his 16x8 drag wheels with no prob too. They'll fit.
Old 07-08-2011, 02:12 PM

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

315's on a 8" wheel:

His junk is nasty. Its a 12.9 6000lb crew cab truck
Old 07-09-2011, 03:14 AM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member

SL Member

My back and front wheels are 18x8.

Once i sell my car, SSR's and Stance coilovers i would like to purchase some deep dish 19x9 front and 19x10 rears or the same specs but in 18's, but i would prefer in 19's to clear future possible BBK's.
Old 10-19-2011, 10:28 PM

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Somebodies getting boosted............
Old 10-21-2011, 04:21 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
Fail, INC
Club One

SL Member

and....
Old 10-30-2011, 05:23 AM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member

SL Member

How about Forgestat F14 or F14F in flat gunmetal ?!

F14 no lip
F14F with a lip.

and on a sad note!
I hit 10K miles yestarday !
I love driving the car and pretty much all of those miles are straight up highway and are not that bad for the vehice, BUT i hate seeing how i'm racking the miles up sooooo fast.

10K in 4,5 month!
Old 11-03-2011, 09:13 PM

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

holy crap man. I just rolled 16K. Guess being in korea for a couple years helped though. I've gone from 8K to 16K in about a year.
Old 11-04-2011, 04:58 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

F14F with a lip is sexy
Old 11-04-2011, 09:52 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member

SL Member

Pshhh 16K is nothing !

I rolled 10K and i had the car from June !
Old 11-04-2011, 09:52 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member

SL Member

Originally Posted by XIEmperorIX
F14F with a lip is sexy
I know right !
But they are HELLA expensive yO !
Old 11-06-2011, 11:23 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Ford has been on a roll lately, the 5.0's are great bang for the buck. M3 performance for half the price
Old 11-07-2011, 04:12 AM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member

SL Member

Originally Posted by Scion_xB
Ford has been on a roll lately, the 5.0's are great bang for the buck. M3 performance for half the price

Yup and then add a blower for $5k and spend 1k on suspension and better tires with wider wheels and you are pretty much smoking ALOT of other cars...

but just a blower will put you to 600WHP on a good custom tune at 7-7.5 psi !
Old 11-11-2011, 01:18 AM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member

SL Member

YAY !
SSR-sold
Stance-sold !
Old 11-17-2011, 11:59 AM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

lets mod this thing already Yev! LOL.

I wish i could get one.
Old 11-17-2011, 06:07 PM

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Ford's still keeping the good times rolling, 2013 GT500 was unveiled at LA auto show 2 days ago, 5.8L 650hp, TVS blower, and carbon fiber goodies.

http://www.stangnet.com/2011/11/14/2...500/#more-5481
Old 11-18-2011, 07:25 AM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member

SL Member

Originally Posted by highvoltage1
lets mod this thing already Yev! LOL.

I wish i could get one.
Hey Brock !
Few things are planned and cooking

Quick Reply: Traded my 2010 Jetta for 2011 5.0. Added few pictures