Autosports & Technique
General driving and racing...

Chupacabratx & engifineer AutoX

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2010, 08:00 PM
SL Member

Default Chupacabratx & engifineer AutoX

Hey SLer's

engifineer and I were at MOWOG 1 and my friend snapped some pics with his Nikon D90.

http://s919.photobucket.com/albums/a...ANDengifineer/

This was my third event and I was extremely impressed with the upgrades I have done on my car.

engifineer's car was way more dialed in to the track and his knowledge base was extremely helpful in teaching me about our cars and he beat me (of course) and many others.
Plus, he had that sweet Dan Gardner sway already installed and it looked quite impressive!

I also have a quick 30 sec. video of my car that shows how fast this track was:

Video

Enjoy!
-Chupacabratx
Old 05-17-2010, 09:50 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

nice on every tC forum i hear about engi he most be really good
Old 05-17-2010, 09:58 PM
SL Member

engi does a fantastic job of putting the tc around the cones and even though it was cold (45-50 degrees), his car looked so planted in the turns and had very little body roll. This was a pretty challenging course since the lot has about 4 feet of elevation change and tons of road surface change, but still a blast to drive on.

I will let engifineer speak for himself on his performance (engi's gotta do a little bragging for his awesomeness )
Old 05-18-2010, 01:26 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

I would say I am a decent driver, but not "great" by any means. The more autoxing I do around guys like Pat Washburn, Neal, and the many other nationals guys and gals in our club, the more I know what "great" really is and that I have a ways to go I swear Pat could drive a caddy and still put down insane times (And gets fastest raw time of the day a LOT in a st prepped 91 si hatch) But I feel pretty good about where I end up with what I drive anyways, and each year I close the gap a bit more.. which is the important part (improving). ST class is a pretty quick class. Our raw times are always well into the top half of all cars and classes, which is pretty cool for a bunch of FWD 4 bangers that rules only allow to run on 225mm max street tires!

I was working the slalom when you were running, and you looked great through there! It is obvious that you are looking way ahead, which is the key to all of it, especially the slaloms. Once I set up the first backside on the first cone, I focus my eyes on the last cone and never let it out of my view. Believe it or not, your peripheral vision will do the rest very accurately.

The DG bar felt great for sure. This weekend at our test n tune (PERFECT 75ish degree weather after that BS crappy weather that hit us for 2 weeks) I ran 2 runs on each course on the middle setting, then moved it to the stiffest setting. Felt perfect right there. It will make you pay for poorly timed lifts or braking maneuvers, but it rotated nicely. I was able to even overcook some of the corners and still get it around rather that dealing with tons of understeer.
Old 05-18-2010, 03:03 AM
SL Member

^spoken by a chief of the tc's...quite humble

I will look forward to autoxing again with you on the 13th of June, Dave!

And I will definitely be running novice which means we can record each others' runs. I'm thinking about getting a FlipVideo HD, unless I can get my friend to take more photos with his D90.