5 Year Member
SL Member

Yea but those 40,000 miles are fun.
Old 09-18-2006, 11:56 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Hey, I wouldnt mind having an AWD platform to play with. I just have that itch which I think all of us do to mods things. Modding an EVO is pain unless you can afford to have it in a shop 4-6 months out of the year.

Still a very sexy fast car. I would take an EVO over the STI for myself anyday.
Old 09-18-2006, 11:59 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by yamaha16bw
If you guys remember, Munch took a STI with a Turbonetics kit with exhaust and DR's in the 1/4 by about 2 cars. Watch the vid.

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu...=632483811&n=2
Yeah I killed a few of them that day spinning through 1st,2nd, and 3rds gears
Old 09-19-2006, 12:07 AM
5 Year Member

hehe i used todrive a lancer OZ Rally, luckily, i got the tc since i gave the lancer to my bro. mitsubishi reliability is damn awesome if you ask me. not a single problem was ever experienced with the 03 oz rally. i know its not an evo, but still a mitusubishi. it's not bad at all!
Old 09-19-2006, 12:24 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by DouBLeJ16
Originally Posted by Ryhian
From a dig you'd have to have quite a bit of HP to catch an EVO. I raced a buddy of mines stock IX from a 40 roll up to 110 and I had a nose at most on him. As they said once you do the reflash plus a couple other easy mods to them I'd have to up the boost to even stay within a car length of them. I've considered trading in the tC many of times for one but just cant bring myself to drive a mitsubishi.

btw, I think this topic would be better off in the autosports section
If the track time in your signature is accurate then your friend in the EVO can't drive at all. A bone stock IX should run a very low 13.. Even a mid 13 on a bad run. With a MUCH higher trap speed.
Stock evo's arent all that great from a roll. He had about half a car on me until 70 and then I slowly started to pull on him up until I shut down at 110. He isnt the best driver in the world and this is just a real life experience. Im not saying my car is faster than a stock evo, just happened to be against my friend in that run.

They are a blast to drive and can go very fast for cheap. I just cant bring myself to drop that kind of money for a car who's dash/stereo/controls look like they're from a 14k car. I guess I'd say speed isnt everything to me. Although their exterior looks almost make up for it.
Old 09-19-2006, 12:24 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

I never said mitusubishi reliability was bad. The EVO has seen its fare share of problems though. There are alot of older DSM's running around near where I live that still run great.
Old 09-19-2006, 12:28 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Originally Posted by Munch
If you guys remember, Munch took a STI with a Turbonetics kit with exhaust and DR's in the 1/4 by about 2 cars. Watch the vid.

I'm sad your selling your car.Your like the guy to go to for turbo help. I wanted to see your car in person so bad.
Old 09-19-2006, 12:32 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Premium Member

have yall checked out the new Import Turner Mag? A buddy of mine has his silver EVO in there. let me tell you.....i wish i had an EVO!!!! :D

that b*tch is mean!!!!
Old 09-19-2006, 12:35 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Munch

I'm sad your selling your car.Your like the guy to go to for turbo help. I wanted to see your car in person so bad.
Scion has 2 new models coming out soon. I might be back
Old 09-19-2006, 12:37 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

yeah Ive heard. I'm looking forward to it.
Old 09-19-2006, 03:20 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Yea evo's are quick, ive taken 2 of them both about same results from about a 40mph i win by 2 cars. Now i raced an sti with mods and thats a closer race in fact i think hes just a taddd bit faster still. And I underrated the 05 mustang GT's!!! i raced one with exhaust from about a 60mph roll damn was that a neck to neck race i was slowly pulling... but I did have a full tank of gas and a passenger =/. Wait till my 3'' exhaust goes on next week bwahahahaha

-Dan
Old 09-19-2006, 03:27 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Scion Justice League of America
SL Member

Evo 8's will still take a T/C tC, even at 300 HP on our end...

Must be driver error on their part, as in a controlled envirnment, we are definately at a stong/strong disadvantage... even with power... I guess a rolling start may help a bit and may pull off something, but we have to invest a lot to take one on a track, where it shows the complete picture, For example - speed,hp,handling,etc....
Old 09-19-2006, 03:31 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i want an evo! ok so im somewat a noob, but other than the awd and turbo, what makes the evos faster than a tC. i mean our cars have a larger engine. sorry if its an obvious question, i just want to be educated.
Old 09-19-2006, 03:38 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

STOCK EVO 8-

Engine : 4 cylinder, turbocharged, DOHC, front engine AWD
Displacement : 1,997 cc
Valve : 16 valves, 4 valves per cylinder
Transmission : 5-spd manual
Fuel economy : city - 19 mpg
highway - 26 mpg

Suspension : F - Independent MacPherson strut
R - Independent multilink
Brakes : F - Vented discs
R - Vented discs

Horsepower : 271-276 hp @ 6500 rpm
Torque : 273-286 lb-ft @ 3500 rpm
Redline : 7000 rpm

Top speed : 156 mph(electronically limited)
0-60 mph : 4.8 sec., 4.4 sec.(RS)
0-¼ mile : 13.1 sec @ 105.1 mph
60-0 braking distance : 110 ft
200 ft skidpad : 0.95 g

Curb Weight : 3197-3338 lbs
Overall length : 178.5 in.
Wheelbase : 103.3 in.
Overall Width : 69.7 in.
Height : 57.1 in.

Stock tC -

2,362 cc 2.4 liters in-line 4 front engine with 88.5 mm bore, 96 mm stroke, 9.6 compression ratio, double overhead cam, variable valve timing/camshaft and four valves per cylinder 2AZ-FE
- Unleaded fuel 87
- Fuel economy EPA highway (mpg): 30 and EPA city (mpg): 23
- Multi-point injection fuel system
- 14.5 gallon main unleaded fuel tank
- Power: 120 kW , 161 HP SAE @ 5,700 rpm; 162 ft lb , 220 Nm @ 4,000 rpm

ADD AWD, A Full Turbo setup, upgraded suspension, and we can almost keep up on a track... in a straight line we may push more, but that's against a stock evo... not an upgraded one... so we're always at a disadvantage...

I'd still like to school an EVO guy who thinks he's the best, just running stock, but a few bucks into a Evo, and it will still maintain it's dominance over us...

It's just a superengineered and well made car.... of course the price matches up with it as a result...
Old 09-19-2006, 04:57 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Originally Posted by WeDriveScions
Evo 8's will still take a T/C tC, even at 300 HP on our end...

Must be driver error on their part, as in a controlled envirnment, we are definately at a stong/strong disadvantage... even with power... I guess a rolling start may help a bit and may pull off something, but we have to invest a lot to take one on a track, where it shows the complete picture, For example - speed,hp,handling,etc....
Funny cause it seems everyone on here has beaten more then one. My brother who drive a Turbonetics tC and I both have raced and beaten 2 EVO 8's each.....along with the poeple have the same results....2 cars everytime. Driver error, I think not. My little bro even laid down 400 bucks against an EVO driver who street races every weekend and "claimed" to have stage 2 everything....Guess who went home 400 buck richer. Now I'm not saying the tC is a better car or a supercar, I'm just saying dont make a EVo seem like an unreachable goal cause it can and has happened. Its no Porsche 959.
Old 09-19-2006, 05:10 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Not saying it's not possible in a rolling street race, but not as likely in a REAL envirnment, like a road track... just that the EVO on a track is a much better and complete car than ours... Gamble on Drags and run illegal races and I'm sure with enough power and with a uneducated stock EVO driver anything is possible... Hell, a POS civic with turbo and engine swap can spank a stock EVO in a straight line

The reality is that, if you hit a track, you'll realise that the evo's you see are just as modified, or more than our lil' tCs and can take us left and right...

I'm sure within a month I'll be able to take a stock evo in a straight line, but, that counts for very little in my book... you can take a 1,000 dollar crx and beat a EVO in a straight line with less money total invested than we have in our cars...

It's not about straight line drags with mismatched cars... it's about total package and setup... and, what it takes to for our cars to even get close to an EVO, takes them less over their MSRP to stay way ahead of us... it's just the fact of 35,000 dollar well designed performance cars.

And.... That Evo Driver was an idiot to bet 400 dollars on a illegal race without knowing what Weight/HP/Mods you have... No comment on how rediculous it is to gamble on races in the first place. Absolutely no respect for that.
Old 09-19-2006, 05:16 AM
5 Year Member

^ agreed.
Old 09-19-2006, 11:22 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

agreed ^ times 2
evo is a sick car drools*

for my personal preference, i would choose a stock evo over a boosted tC even if it is slower in a straight line.
Old 09-19-2006, 11:57 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Here comes all the "I beat an EVO" stories, coming from people who either run low 14s or high 13s..

If you guys did beat one, especially a IX, you beat the driver not the car.

From a roll or a stop, the car is fast. WeDriveScions is 100% correct.
Old 09-19-2006, 12:28 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

None of us ever said our tC was anything close to being a better all around car. Evo's are quick cars from digs and fairly quick from a roll. They just lose way too much power once they get into the 70-80 range compared to a decently strong turbo'd fwd car.

This is going to be a never ending debate so its kind of pointless to keep arguing back and forth. Evo's are better performance cars by far even in the stock form. They have a huge aftermarket of parts to make them pretty godly easily.

The fact that I can hang with a stock evo no matter the driver with them pushing that high amount of boost vs my 8.5 is pretty sweet. Once people start building their engines and pushing 14-15 psi the tC is going to really see some potiental.

Quick Reply: Lancer EVO