Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by tC4italy
Originally Posted by 07si
^^^

im gonna show this thread to all the BMW owners i know....lmaooo
go ahead,

unlike most of u i have a pu$$y and don't need to take this seriously thanx for stoppin by bland person

Awesome! Definitely nothing wrong with a little puntang.
Old 02-19-2008, 04:52 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by hunterUnknown
oh i don't think my car is inferior at all. i love my car to death or i'd have another one by now. i also know ive proven my own ability and car's performance through various autocrosses and hopefully tracks soon. by inferiority complex i just mean to imply that i notice most scion owners feel the need to prove scions are great, referencing them as lesser cars beating greater cars.

"65k car wins against 20k car "

"He barely kept up with me. I think maybe just the surprise that my lil car can take corners right. "

and yes, i did read about the flaming, and i dont think i flamed any. but this is a forum and no matter how many disclaimers you put, it's still a forum. kanundrum knew this from his first reply post :D

A lot of Scion owners feel the need to prove scions are great, because their peers (who own some of the other popular cars), constantly bash them for owning a Scion. 9 out of 10 of the peers that bash them don't know the car from a hole in the ground. So, we as a community feel the need to show them what we are made of.

I personally, here in my local scene have gained respect for my tC by beating cars that are greater in value and performance. More often than none I have had someone say to me...."I don't really like Scions, but your tC is hella nice". Or they heard about the car, and it's reputation and give me props on it.
Old 02-19-2008, 05:03 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

I live my life a quarter mile at a time
Old 02-19-2008, 05:06 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Premium Member

tell me about it travis, i go to school with a bunch of 18 yr olds and they constantly bust the tCs ***** lol. one of them has an 07 eclipse (4cyl) the other has a 6cyl monte carlo (early 2000s) i bust their ***** all the time because i say at least its not a girls car like an eclipse (his is orange too), and at least mine wont break down every 6 mo like the monte
Old 02-19-2008, 06:02 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by rhythmnsmoke
oh i don't think my car is inferior at all. i love my car to death or i'd have another one by now. i also know ive proven my own ability and car's performance through various autocrosses and hopefully tracks soon. by inferiority complex i just mean to imply that i notice most scion owners feel the need to prove scions are great, referencing them as lesser cars beating greater cars.

"He barely kept up with me. I think maybe just the surprise that my lil car can take corners right. "

and yes, i did read about the flaming, and i dont think i flamed any. but this is a forum and no matter how many disclaimers you put, it's still a forum. kanundrum knew this from his first reply post :D

A lot of Scion owners feel the need to prove scions are great, because their peers (who own some of the other popular cars), constantly bash them for owning a Scion. 9 out of 10 of the peers that bash them don't know the car from a hole in the ground. So, we as a community feel the need to show them what we are made of.

I personally, here in my local scene have gained respect for my tC by beating cars that are greater in value and performance. More often than none I have had someone say to me...."I don't really like Scions, but your tC is hella nice". Or they heard about the car, and it's reputation and give me props on it.
very true. a lot of people haven't even heard the name "Scion" still. that amazes me.

but anyway, while i think we need to gain a good rep and respect, from the meets ive gone to and the things i've seen people brag about, sometimes i feel ashamed to be part of some events or groups. and im tired of random tc drivers trying to race me and show off when they're so much as within the vicinity. but, luckily the more matured of the scion group usually hang out and make a real contrast to the morons.

ive gotten a number of compliments on my car and people who walk by and take a look. its pretty cool. still has that good ol' new tc charm. the "wow this must have cost xxxxxxx" and i reply, "twice that, at least!"
Old 02-19-2008, 06:21 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

very true. a lot of people haven't even heard the name "Scion" still. that amazes me.
Or the fact that some people still say S-KY-ON...

but anyway, while i think we need to gain a good rep and respect, from the meets ive gone to and the things i've seen people brag about, sometimes i feel ashamed to be part of some events or groups. and im tired of random tc drivers trying to race me and show off when they're so much as within the vicinity. but, luckily the more matured of the scion group usually hang out and make a real contrast to the morons.

Oh, you must be talking about the left over Honda "Residue" boys that use to own riced out civics and now own a tC....
Old 02-19-2008, 06:24 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Scones are tasty, take it to the track!
Old 02-19-2008, 06:29 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

^^what the hell is a Scone?
Old 02-19-2008, 06:29 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

u got a black one!
Old 02-19-2008, 06:34 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Oh, you must be talking about the left over Honda "Residue" boys that use to own riced out civics and now own a tC....
that's exactly who they are. haha

kanundrum, these ricer kids are honestly scared of taking their cars anywhere but a drag strip. :D like turning the wheel is a sin.
Old 02-19-2008, 06:42 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by blown_xa
don't worry about it Claudia, he's 16 his only experience with cars is from video games and car magazines probably. end of argument
Old 02-19-2008, 06:43 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

u got a black one!

I got a black one, but not what you are talking about....
Old 02-19-2008, 06:47 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

u got a black one!

I got a black one, but not you are talking about....
oh chit

nm then
Old 02-19-2008, 06:48 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Premium Member

scones are yummy, epsecially blueberry ones :D
Old 02-19-2008, 06:49 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

i like raberry ones better!
Old 02-19-2008, 06:49 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

chcolate chip scone FTW
Old 02-19-2008, 06:52 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Premium Member

lol
Old 03-31-2008, 12:38 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

kanundrum, these ricer kids are honestly scared of taking their cars anywhere but a drag strip. :D like turning the wheel is a sin.
thats what im saying. I personally find drag racing boring.
Old 04-10-2008, 06:18 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

its exciting for about a second, then i'm over it.

i havent raced in general in a while. too much school and too little money. lucky for me, there is an autocross this saturday at the air force base :D time to test out the supercharger.
Old 04-10-2008, 06:21 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

im going autoX this week end too
but unfortunately without my car =(

Quick Reply: S/C auto tC vs. newer M3