Notices
Buyer / Seller Experiences rant or rave about an exchange...

3BSpecialties - HID's

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2010, 07:21 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Thumbs up 3BSpecialties - HID's

So a couple months ago, I noticed that one of my HID's in my tC started going pink in color. I have 6000K bulbs so obviously that wasnt right.

At first I thought it was a loose connection, bad wiring, something.

My initial thought was that the ballast was going since another SE member had a similar thing happen and new ballasts fixed it.

So I looked up 3BSpecialties (http://shop.3bspecialties.com/) which is who I had previously gotten my setup for both my headlights and fogs through via a regional group buy about two years ago.

At the same time, I decided I wanted to change the color of my fogs from the 3000K yellow bulbs I had to 6000K to match my headlights.

So I talked to Hanh (sales guy) and he gave a small discount due to me being a repeat customer. I ordered a 9006-6000K kit thinking I'd use the ballasts to fix the headlight and the bulbs to swap out my fogs.

From here things got interesting. I placed my order and a couple days later he mentioned via email that they were sold out of the Slim 35W ballasts, but that he'd have more in a few weeks and that I'd get them overnighted to my apartment as soon as he got them. I said that was fine as my pink bulb still worked and I was in no rush.

To my surprise, I get an email with shipping info less than a week and a half later! I was thrilled!

I got the kit and instantly went to swap out one of the ballasts. The ballast worked like a charm, but the bulb was still pink. A local SE member then told me it was the bulb. So I was a bit bummed that I'd have to order another set of H11 bulbs. No big deal since $60/pair isn't that bad. Autozone wanted like $55 EACH!

I also figured, 'hey, I'll just install the new 9006 fog lights instead!'

Thats when I discovered one of the igniter wires on the bulbs was cracked.

I emailed Hanh the next day and told him my scenario, also adding that in addition to needing a replacement set of 9006 bulbs that I also needed a set of H11 bulbs.

Every time, he was very prompt (often same day responses, never more than a day later in any scenario) and helped sort through what I needed.

Once we had cleared up what I was needing and how to go about returning the broken bulbs, I noticed that my credit card had been charged nearly 3 times what my order was supposed to be!

Needless to say I was upset and confused by this.

I promptly emailed Hanh back about the issue. I emailed him on a friday and got a response on saturday (he works weekends too??) saying he thinks he knows what happened. Within an hour I get a second email saying there was a mix up and someone elses order was put on my card and that he was correcting it and that I'd see the fix on monday when the banks reopened.

Granted, now I was skeptical, right? I mean broken bulb, weird credit card charges....who wouldn't be?

To my delight I saw on Monday (might have been tuesday early morning, can't remember) the charges were reversed leaving only my original purchase amount + the cost of the additional H11 bulbs I bought.

Best of all, the day I saw the credit card fixed, I got three emails saying my replacement 9006 bulbs AND new H11 bulbs were shipped!

As before, the very next day the bulbs arrived and I installed them and they all worked perfectly!

All of this I described probably took place over the course of 2-3 weeks. Hanh was extremely cordial and accomdating, never once did I feel like I was being swindled or led astray.

The products, as before, worked wonderfully (I'm still using the original four slim 35watt ballasts I bought and they've taken a beating in these Chicago winters) and the level of service 3BSpecialties and Hanh provided were truly A+ in caliber. And they've got really good prices to boot!

I wholeheartedly recommend this company, its sales staff and its products to anyone looking to upgrade to HID's or replace an existing set.

If anyone's got any questions about this experience, feel free to PM me, but I thought after such a good experience that I'd toss out some good words for a good vendor for Scion enthusiasts!

Tony

(P.S. if I put this in the wrong forum, let me know, I wasn't sure where it should go!)
Old 03-25-2010, 02:26 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Love my 3bspec 4300k hids, they were very helpful in answering my questions. They are a little pricey compared to other kits out nowadays but mine have worked perfectly for over a year.
Old 03-25-2010, 09:03 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
Scikotics
SL Member
Premium Member

3B is the Shizz.. Props to 3B.