Notices
Buyer / Seller Experiences rant or rave about an exchange...

Service Dept Woes

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2005, 10:00 PM
5 Year Member

Default Service Dept Woes

I'm just posting here to see if anyone has had similar difficulties, and what the dealership might be able to do to get the unhappy customer (me) back to being a happy customer.

I purchased my 2005 xA a week ago. When I purchased, I ordered the optional fog lights and security system. They were not in when the car came in, so I made an appointment with the service department to get them installed.

Yesterday I took the car in at 10am and was told that it would take a few hours. Six and a half hours later (4:30pm) I was finally driving my car back home with both options installed. Upon getting home I decided to test out the fog lights, as I didn't know what they looked like. They do not work. No matter if the car is on, or what I do with the headlights/parking lights/brights, they just do not function. On the fog light switch the green LED is lit up so obviously the switch is connected, but the lights are a no-go.

This morning I get out to my car around 7am to head to work. I crank on the defrost only to hear silence. No heat, no air conditioning. You can put the ***** to any position and no air comes out at all.

On top of all that, my hazard lights do not work (the hazard button is right above the ac stuff in the console).

I have another appointment to get these issues fixed tomorrow morning at 10am but am really quite hesitant to let their inept service department work on the issue. What if I had a suspension problem, or something with my engine? Would I be expected to accept the same level of sub-par work?

I haven't filed any official complaints yet, nor have I asked for any financial reimbursement, but I find the whole situation to be ridiculous. That is why I come to you, fellow scionlife members, to see what you would do if you were in these amazingly unwieldy shoes.
Old 02-09-2005, 06:29 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

well the choice is yours. i would honestly contact scion corp not sure what the number is but im sure someone will. once had a problem with the paint not even 2 months after i got the car. well the service department was going to do nothing about the problem. I contacted scion corp and tada i got all the problems fixed and they detailed my entire car. i mean vacume and wax the whole 100 yards. it costs me nothing except maybe 10 mins on the phone. most service departments always want a happy customer and if they dont then scion corp will.
Old 02-10-2005, 10:13 PM
5 Year Member

Well, I took in the car yesterday morning at 10am. I walked up to the service desk, handed him my keys, and explained what wasn't working. He jotted it down. I asked him if it was a common thing for stuff to go wrong like that, he just kinda shook his head and said "nope", then went back to shuffling papers. Thats what ____ed me off. No apology, no empathy, no "sorry you had to come back down here, we'll get right on top of it".

I worked customer service for six years before I joined the air force, I expect a certain level of it from businesses that I deal with.

Thats when I went and found the sales manager (21yrs retired air force, he's a nice fellow) and explained the situation to him. He asked me if I have talked to the service manager about it and I told him I hadn't. "Well lets go see if he is in the office, he needs to hear about this". Upon telling it to him he agreed that things should have been checked before the car even pulled out of the garage, apologized that it has been a hassle, and said that he was going to personally look into it.

Later in the day I got a call from the guy who had earlier tried to just sweep it under the rug, the car was fixed, he explained what was wrong with it and how they fixed it. The car was being washed, but would be done by the time I got there.

I feel bad for even getting a carwash out of it. I wasn't looking for anything from the whole thing, just a higher level of customer service in their service department. When I went and picked up the car the guy was extremely nice, I'm thinking he got talked to just a tiny bit.