Notices
Buyer / Seller Experiences rant or rave about an exchange...

WARNING! Terrible body shop experience!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2009, 02:49 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default WARNING! Terrible body shop experience!!!!

EDIT: Please read my later post. Since originally posting this thread I've had everything repaired by Collision solution for free and with no hassles. They're good people and after them helping me out, I would definitely recommend them.

Hello guys,

I'm just writing this to share with you my experience with The Collision Solution in South Miami (The WORST body shop EVER!).
Anyways, here goes: About a year and a half ago I was rear ended by a Subaru SUV and had a motorcyclist crash into me head on all within three days of each other. Mind you that both times I was not at fault since I was stopped at a red light (when the subie rear ended me) and stopped at a stop sign (when the idiot kamikaze motorcyclist them himself into my car). So needless to say, I was just having a serious case of bad luck. However, my bad luck does not end there.
I went through the people's insurances (the ones who hit me) in order to get the damage fixed. After having their insurances dick around for two weeks giving me less money than the repairs costed I finally got the money to get my body repaired. So I figured hey, why don't I get my car fixed by The Collision Solution in South Miami? After all it was a place that was suggested by the insurance company, so I figured they could be trusted right? WRONG!
So I bring my car in, get an estimate, then leave it for repairs. Two weeks later they still hadn't finished and I ended up waiting about three weeks to get damage fixed. So I get the car and it looks all nice and fixed up so I think, oh cool, they did a good job. Unfortunately it doesn't end there.
It turns out that they did not put at least a dozen clips on my body to hold up the bumpers and various body parts, used the wrong clips in other areas AND broke the tabs on my front and rear bumper that secure them to the body. So now my front and rear bumpers are slowly succumbing to Earth's gravity and both my front wheel wells came off while I was cruising on the highway. AND, when the passenger side wheel well came off it started to rub on the front tire causing the tires to burn a hole through it!! Additionally, I recently found out that they used masking tape, yes MASKING TAPE, to help secure my rear bumper!!!!!! WTF!
I now have a probably 1-2k in repairs to do on my car since I need a new rear bumper, the front bumper fixed and a new passenger side wheel well . so the moral of the story is,

DO NOT GET ANY BODY/CAR WORK DONE AT COLLISION SOLUTION IN SOUTH MIAMI. THEY WILL F**K UP YOUR CAR!!!!!!!! AVOID THEM AT ALL COSTS!

I hope my experience will help avoid future mishaps. I would really hate for anyone else to get f**ked like I was.

Take care,

Charles Lhermitte

P.S.: Sorry for the profanity, but I'm so mad right now that I just had to include it in my rant.
Old 02-09-2009, 03:00 AM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team ScionEyed
SL Member

hmm weird enough, I had my work done at the same body shop back when I got into an accident in March and they did a very nice job fixing everything up.

sorry to hear of your ____ty experience
Old 02-09-2009, 03:54 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

hey if you need a good body shop let me know i have a family friend that has a good body shop/ mechanic shop!
Old 03-30-2009, 06:33 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

UPDATE: I went to Collision Solution recently and they fixed all the stuff for free. They got me a new wheel-well, replaced all the missing clips and fixed the bumpers. They did a good job too. I guess when I went the first time I had the misfortune of having a bad mechanic work on my car (I don't even think that that guy works there anymore).