Notices
Buyer / Seller Experiences rant or rave about an exchange...
View Poll Results: What got you into a Scion dealership to buy a Scion?
Drove past a dealership that had them
5.88%
Saw one driving down the road
5.88%
Magazine or Newspaper ad/article
14.71%
Someone you know bought one
2.94%
Radio/Tv ad
0%
Came across it on the internet
29.41%
Other
41.18%
Voters: 34. You may not vote on this poll

What got you into a Scion dealership to buy a Scion?

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2004, 03:01 AM
5 Year Member

My buddy Adam got one. Blue xB. He pulls up to my crib and everybody was like "Nice Box????". I have to admit at first i was like you got to be kidding me. Then of course you sit inside and i couldn't believe how much room there was. Stock stereo was nice (i'm pioneer biased though) then we took it for a spin. Great handling for a little box... i was hooked.... then Adam tells me to log on to Scion.com back in january and check out the xB RS 1.0.... had to make it mine..... 32 out of 2100 ain't bad at all.... No hassle means no hassle... i think i hassled my dealer more than anything...
Old 03-09-2004, 09:45 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

WOW! thread back from the dead!
Old 03-26-2004, 02:33 PM
5 Year Member

ive known about thenm for about 2 years, read about them in super street, saw them at nopi, then my girlfriend was talking about a new car her daddy was going to have to go to school and learn to work on (he's the service manager at the local toyota dealership). well, i finally find out they're comin to tennessee about 2 months ago and started doing some in depth research on the net, mainly through this site and looked at what owners thought of them. this car's a hell of a deal for a drive around good on gas, has it's own style, and has that JDM look that people love and its not a honda. my friends and girlfriend dont think ill be satisfied cuz it's not fast, but i have the 3000gt vr4 that gets me in enough trouble. im just gonna get a base 5 speed xb maybe with the rs package and mod it myself. put my deposit down on one about a month ago and am awaiting the release date in june.

cant wait to lay the back seats down, put a mattress in, and bring back the ******* waggin. :D

ben
Old 03-26-2004, 02:36 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Saw it at the autoshow and fell in lust with it :twisted: :twisted:
Old 03-26-2004, 03:35 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Lancaster Honda demanded a xerox of my driver's license (probably to run a credit check and get a junk mail address) before they would let me _sit_ in a CRV. When I refused, they played the "I have to OK it with the manager" game. While the salesman thought he was making me cool my heels in the showroom, I walked out.

I happened by the Toyota dealer on the way back to where my car was parked. Saw the xB and had to take a look.

So, in a way, the sales tactics at Lancaster Honda were a big contributor to my purchase of a Scion.
Old 04-02-2004, 02:43 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Drove the NISSAN MAXIMA, NISSAN ALTIMA, MAZDA3 and MAZDA6 .... all were really nice, especially the MAZDA3, still wish I could've afforded that car. They all just seemed way too expensive for someone who just bought a house. I went to SCION out of frustration and dragged my wife. She was like "You're kidding right?" I said NO, they look nice, they're interesting cars and TOYOTAS. She's like, "Yeah, well I bet you come out in a RAV4 or something." She was shocked at how cool the xB was and the space inside. I originally liked the xA at first becuase it looked like a mini-Matrix. But I found I KEPT walking over to the xB and getting in... FINALLY a car that understands what it's like to be tall!!!! I got a test drive and found it was as zippy as my POS 2001 CIVIC EX COUPE. Plus the built in MP3 player and the fact that for at least a little while I'd have a car that no one else had...I was sold. Not to mention, a baby on the way and we need more room than my CIVIC COUPE or her MERCURY COUGAR Could provide...and I hate SUV's!!!

Every day I just fall depper in love with this car!
Old 04-02-2004, 06:53 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
sIcKsCiOnS
Scion Evolution

Being I do lots of work in Japan I saw the bB in Japan and just fell in love with it. The Japanese always have cool cars. After seeing my first xB in the US, I knew I had to buy one. It's my new toy and I'm playing with it all the time. JDM all the way for me! :D
Old 04-02-2004, 07:14 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I really didn't like the Element after sitting in one...

The xB is soooo much better! :D
Old 04-05-2004, 11:55 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

actually.... my mother!
Old 04-09-2004, 12:57 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i work as a damn rent-a-cop to pay my way through college.... my local toyota dealership's security system took a **** on them, so they got my company to do security for them. i sat out there all night checking out cars.. saw the xB and i was hooked!! wasn't even planning on getting a car until i saw it.

plus it reminds me of Japan.. i lived there for 4 years while I was in the Navy
Old 11-16-2004, 04:44 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

I was browsing through edmunds.com looking for a car to replace my 2000 Jetta GLS VR6. I was looking for a cheaper car that gets great mileage. When I saw the xA I fell in love at first sight like I just saw Shania Twain naked in concert. When I read the specs I felt like I just saw Shania Twain naked in my living room.
Old 02-24-2005, 09:15 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Scion Evolution

I knew about the car and had seen a few on the road. But when I went to the auto show I was actually there to sit in all the 30K plus cars I was interested in. I stumbled on the Scion display and was just blown away by the roomy little box with great mileage and amazing price.
Old 02-25-2005, 05:43 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

I actually hated scions when they came out lol, fear of change, but now I drive an xB and my sister drives an xA, they grow on ya!
Old 02-26-2005, 01:22 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Toasty_Bread
I actually hated scions when they came out lol, fear of change, but now I drive an xB and my sister drives an xA, they grow on ya!
Same here. I was test driving a WRX at the Subaru dealership... and they sold Scions next door. They said something like... "Psst, this car is like 10K cheaper."

Ding ding ding! And we have a winner!
Old 03-09-2005, 11:29 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Signature Visions
SL Member

my friend took his matrix xrs to team toyota to get his oil changed. while we were waiting we went to the showroom and there they were. i test drove the xB and fell in love with it. i hope to have it in a month or so
Old 03-11-2005, 02:25 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

I'm a recent college grad and just got a job so I was in the market for my very first car! I hadn't thought much about what car I wanted other than the IS 300 but I wasn't making THAT much money yet so I had to look around for something as classy and sporty as the IS.

One morning on my way to work I was driving behind TWO tC's, one Silver Streak Mica, the other the Indigo Ink blue. I fell in love instantly with the silver... Didn't even know the blue was the same car til I looked more carefully! Anyway, that's what sparked my interest in learning more about Scion and the tC. It was perfect because my family is very loyal to Toyotas and if I couldn't afford the IS, the tC was 100% the way to go!

I haven't purchased the car yet but I am looking to place my order in the next few weeks (just in time for spring!) I believe I'm getting the Flint Mica because ALL of our cars are silver... I can't stand the thought of a fourth silver car in the driveway! Anyway, that's my story