Notices
Buyer / Seller Experiences rant or rave about an exchange...

What's wrong with DDM Tuning???

Old 05-07-2011, 09:22 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by KidJustin
so now are you impressed?

(by the way there is another thread that talks about HID installation in general if u are looking for a place to put the ballasts...fyi)
Nope... customer service is #1 in my book. But...... so glad I got them now!! And thanks for the installation thread. This part takes the longest, deciding where to place the ballasts.
Old 05-12-2011, 11:10 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

K, ordered on 29th, just received today. box is beat up good amount but nothing on the inside looks damaged so bout to get ready to go install woot
Old 05-13-2011, 01:57 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by chicagokid
This part takes the longest, deciding where to place the ballasts.
One of the best placements I've done (did this on my 06 Pilot as well) was to run the ballasts up the right and left side of the hood and place them on that 'shelf' right under where the hood closes.

Ok forget searching, biglilsteve's thread is the one I was looking for. The mounting that donsun did is similar to what i've done, mine was just further up the chassis, closer to the firewall and mounted with double-sided 3M tape. It keeps the ballast away from things, and in an area with decent airflow to keep them cool-ish.

Last edited by Scratch; 05-13-2011 at 02:42 PM. Reason: Reason? cause biglilsteve is a search pro, and I'm tired
Old 05-13-2011, 02:00 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I started this thread earlier this year...it's got everything you need for suggestions on HID ballast placement.

https://www.scionlife.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=197853
Old 09-30-2011, 02:39 PM
5 Year Member

Sorry for the revival; just thought I'd add in that I too just ordered from them and they're coming from China. They should really let you know on the website if that is going to be the case before you order. I definitely would have ordered from somewhere else; I'm impatient.
Old 09-30-2011, 02:49 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I've learned from recent experience ordering car parts that you need to call the vendor directly and ask them to verify they have it in stock. I called to order mine this past January and they shipped right from their shop in CA...arrived here on the east cost in 3 days with FedEx.

It is very rare that a vendor's website will tell you that it's back ordered and coming from a place other than their warehouse. They'll just take your money and get you the product when they can.
Old 09-30-2011, 03:29 PM
5 Year Member

I'll definitely be doing that from now on. Thanks for the tip!

Originally Posted by biglilsteve
I've learned from recent experience ordering car parts that you need to call the vendor directly and ask them to verify they have it in stock. I called to order mine this past January and they shipped right from their shop in CA...arrived here on the east cost in 3 days with FedEx.

It is very rare that a vendor's website will tell you that it's back ordered and coming from a place other than their warehouse. They'll just take your money and get you the product when they can.
Old 09-30-2011, 03:35 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Yeahhh believe me I've learned the hard way like you did man.
Old 09-30-2011, 04:01 PM
5 Year Member

I also waited well over 3 weeks to receive a busted and banged up package coming from China. I was not pleased about this since I had paid for 2 day shipping. I tried to contact them after the 4th day(wasn't sure if there was a hold up in postal service over the weekend) and no one would answer the phones. I work crazy hours so I wasn't able to call them when I placed the order, I think it was like 2am Central time.
Old 09-30-2011, 07:07 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by rackatak
I also waited well over 3 weeks to receive a busted and banged up package coming from China. I was not pleased about this since I had paid for 2 day shipping. I tried to contact them after the 4th day(wasn't sure if there was a hold up in postal service over the weekend) and no one would answer the phones. I work crazy hours so I wasn't able to call them when I placed the order, I think it was like 2am Central time.
When ordering international its best not to expect it soon. Customs can hold the package for as long as they like to verify its contents. Especially postal packages. Also the damage to the package was done while in custody of the shipping company, so its good not to get angry with the vendor about it.
Old 10-12-2011, 05:50 PM
5 Year Member

So they were ordered on September 28th and I received a delivery notification today so I'll be picking them up after work. I'll take pictures and such; everyone loves pictures.
Old 10-13-2011, 01:00 AM
5 Year Member

Got them today and I'm VERY happy with them! 55w 6000k They're gorgeous white and very smooth operation. Came with the H11 plug, not just 2 pins like some kits.

The box they came in.

Not so good packaging... just a bit of Styrofoam.

Each ballast had its own box with inner foam wrapping and the bulbs both came in the larger box.

Package contents all unboxed.

Prepped the spots with alcohol swabs and then used some 3M double-sided tape to stick them on. They're holding pretty good. I'll be checking them daily for a bit to make sure they don't come loose.

Face-on shot.

Evening showing cut-off.

Night showing cut-off.

So again, I'm very happy with these and they appear to be of good quality. I'm glad I did my research this time.

If anyone's wondering, the fog lights are from V-LEDs; I bought them second-hand. They're 35w 3500k. Also a very good quality product. So I can definitely recommend either one for quality.