HERES AN IDEA JUST WEAR THE SEAT BELT
Old 02-05-2006, 04:27 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Big Sky Scion
SL Member

Originally Posted by MASTERTECH
HERES AN IDEA JUST WEAR THE SEAT BELT
Here's an idea, Tex, do what you want and leave the rest of us alone.
I think we covered (read the WHOLE THREAD) that we all do and recommend wearing the belt, but once in a while - going down the driveway, in my LONG parking garage, etc. that I (we) like to not have the belt on at times.
No need to preach - again, read the thread - don't recall us advocating not doing so.

Scott
Old 02-05-2006, 05:08 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Sometimes I need to maneuver my car at very slow speed through a very complicated, tight (less than 1/2 inch clearance at both mirrors) trail. To do this I have to have both windows down and move my body all over the place to make sure nothing is going to scrape my car. I cannot wear the seatbelt while doing this. These instructions were a miracle, as the beeping was so annoying when I was trying to do this I almost scraped the car because the sound was making me nuts. Of course I always wear my seatbelt when driving. But ometimes wearing a seatbelt is not an option, or not necessary. Heck, my first few cars didn't even have seatbelts. I guess I'm old. Who knows how we all survived before the U.S. was rubberized?
Old 02-27-2006, 02:24 PM
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by peteyd
this was coverd somehwhere else already if you do a serach you can find it also how to change the txt on your stero as well and to reset your windows and moon roof.
How do you rest the moon roof?
Old 02-27-2006, 02:30 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Big Sky Scion
SL Member

1st, Welcome to ScionLife.
Now...you're going to get this a lot here, so please, try to use the search button on the top of the page - most topics have been covered here before and the answers are waiting for you.

Check the tC FAQ here: tC FAQ

Scott
Old 03-26-2006, 05:31 PM
5 Year Member

Does this work on a 2006 xb? I tried the steps above and I'm not getting the display after buckling the seatbelts and releasing the ODO.
Old 03-26-2006, 11:35 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Big Sky Scion
SL Member

I'd ask in the xB forums...

Scott
Old 11-14-2006, 02:44 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Mine didnt beep from day one when i got the car. But the light in the info display blinks the entire time im driving. Is there an easy way to turn the light off?
Old 11-15-2006, 07:06 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Wow, I feel like a n00b. I didn't know we could get rid of the beeping. Then again, I do wear my seat belt...
Old 05-22-2007, 01:01 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by cubaricantC
theres actually a lot less steps than that though,
turn ign. to on position
switch to odo view press and hold for 10 secs
while still holding, buckle drivers belt
hit odo button to toggle b-on or b-off
thats it, you're done, thats how I do it on mine and works every time

Does that not work on '07 models? I just got my tc 3 days ago. Tried the trick, and I get b-off and b-on options, but no matter how many times I select b-off, the seatbelt thingy still beeps. Is that just somethign for older models? Or do I have to do something else after I select b-off (like stick my left foot outside the right window, and my right foot through the sunroof, and my head through the hatchback while opening the trunk with my right hand, and hitting the power buton 15 times on the cd player)
Old 06-16-2007, 10:30 PM

Cannot get this to work on the 2007 either. Options are there but it seems they added another step or took out the ability to change this.
Old 06-17-2007, 12:24 AM

you are the man!oh by the way to the poster above me. i just did it on my 2007 tC and it worked the first time
Old 06-17-2007, 12:27 AM

Originally Posted by bhatfield99
Mine didnt beep from day one when i got the car. But the light in the info display blinks the entire time im driving. Is there an easy way to turn the light off?
amen! i will PAY someone to tell me how to turn off that light! I'm sure there is a fuse i can pull
Old 06-17-2007, 12:56 AM

Originally Posted by jconner
you are the man!oh by the way to the poster above me. i just did it on my 2007 tC and it worked the first time
Well I simply cannot get mine to work. I waited 20-30 seconds on the hold button... tried plugging in both driver/passenger belts and still keeps beeping.
Old 06-17-2007, 01:26 AM

Originally Posted by mpallo
Well I simply cannot get mine to work. I waited 20-30 seconds on the hold button... tried plugging in both driver/passenger belts and still keeps beeping.
did you continue to hold the odo button while buckling both seatbelts and leaving them buckeled? Yea I had to bend my body in ways unheard of to complete this task, but it worked!
Old 06-17-2007, 01:54 AM

did you continue to hold the odo button while buckling both seatbelts and leaving them buckeled? Yea I had to bend my body in ways unheard of to complete this task, but it worked!
Yep...did that. And just tried it again LOL.

I just picked up my car 3 days ago. I wonder if mid-production 07's were changed? I make the toggle change to b-off but when it doesn't work and I go back in to make the change again it shows b-on....almost like it's not sticking.
Old 06-17-2007, 02:00 AM

i got mine a week ago, so i have a feeling you are doing something wrong ;) lol sorry man!

oh and make sure you turn off the power and take the key out before you do anything else.....then you can unbuckel the seats and open the door. Dont do this procedure then crank the car to see if it worked, make sure you shut off the power and unbuckel the seats.
Old 06-17-2007, 02:04 AM

i got mine a week ago, so i have a feeling you are doing something wrong ;) lol sorry man!
My fault...noob and all that....

I did not read this whole thread and was under the impression that I would not get the initial beeping when the car was started. That is how I had been verifying it. :?

I think I am good now!
Old 06-17-2007, 02:07 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Does this take care of the beep when you open the driver door with the key in? I always drive with my seat belt but when I vacuum my car I listen to my cds and the beep does get quite irritating after 20 minuets of vacuuming. I understand that its trying to prevent me from locking the keys in my car but I think it's kind of a useless "safety" measure since I do need the keys in my hand in order to lock the car. Unless I manually lock it which I don't.

Edit: NVM ^ Moving on. Is there a way to turn that off?
Old 06-17-2007, 03:33 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by bhatfield99
amen! i will PAY someone to tell me how to turn off that light! I'm sure there is a fuse i can pull
Not too sure if this works on the tc but on my old camry it did.
Search around the seat for the wires leading to the belt buckle. On most cars it uses a plug in harness. Unplug the harness... Done.

If that doesnt work then bridge the harness somehow with some wire or something. If that does work then just solder the wires together and heatshrink over the exposed part.

Oh, and if something breaks or you get hurt somehow because of this, you may not hold me responsible. That was your warning. Just had to say that just in case.

I figured this out while stripping my interior in my old camry for the racetrack. I forgot to connect the harness when i put it back. POS still ran a 17.5.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Seat Belt Warning (Disable Beeping)