Notices
Introduction Forum

We pride ourselves on being a welcoming community we are happy to see you here and we want to get you talking to us, start here by telling us about you and your Scion.
*PLEASE DO NOT POST TECHNICAL QUESTIONS IN THIS SECTION*

Hello from Maryland

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2019, 08:41 PM
SL Member

Default Hello from Maryland

Hi!

I bought my 2006 xA in brand new in 2007 and Blue and I have been together for the last 173k miles. I haven't treated it the best, because it was my first car and I suck. At the time I bought it because it was super cute and a manual. I still love my car, just should have treated it better.

I recently knocked a side mirror off, and in trying to find a replacement, found that they aren't cheap.. so I started checking junkyards in my area. I tapped someone's SUV in stop and go traffic like.. 9 years (?) ago and smashed my grill and dented my hood, and just never got around to replacing it.

So in my recent junkyard searching I found and replaced the hood, the center frame piece that had the latch on it, and the latch.. and the mirror. I wish I had thought to do it years ago!!! So now I'm searching for a grill and I'm thinking I might fabricate my own.
I also lost my antenna base to an unfortunate accident involving 4 feet of snow and a snow shovel many years ago, so I grabbed it off the junkyard car too. I'm just not ready to start pulling down my headliner to replace it just yet.

I keep ending up here when I search for stuff on how to repair things on my car, so I figured I'd finally make my own account and see how many people still have these cars.

_____

Last edited by MR_LUV; 04-08-2019 at 10:09 PM.
Old 04-08-2019, 10:12 PM
Administrator
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Administrator

Hello LordCrankypants! Welcome to SL!

Looking forward to see you here:

Scion xA Owners Lounge

Please Check out the informative Stickys above in the Header of this Forum HERE.

MR_LUV
Administrator

Old 04-08-2019, 10:42 PM
Jon
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

Great to hear from you LordCrankypants! Welcome