Notices
Maintenance & Car Care Tune-ups and shake-downs...

no headlights

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2013, 11:18 PM

Default no headlights

hi everybody this my first post although have read many previously...
i'm hoping somebody can give me a bit of advice, maybe someone has experienced this.....

the other day i noticed that my passenger side headlight was out but it was a bit late so i waited till the next day.
i had bought these headlights at the beginning of 2013 (philips crystal vision i believe).
i thought it was a bit odd that one would burn out so quickly.
before going to buy new ones i decided to swap them and see if both worked, they did.
later that evening they were both out again. the only working one was the tiny little bulb thats in there.
i ended up driving home with my high beams.
so today i tried switching them again...nothing...i tried wiping the socket and the contact area (the rim) of the light in case there was something screwing up the connection...nothing..but brights still worked.
i checked the fuses under the hood, they were all fine, i checked to see if anything was melted by the socket...nothing...
but now the brights wont even work, not even the blue highbeam thing that lights up on the dash...
the only working light is the tiny one on the passenger side as well as ONLY that orange side light....
i'm pretty confused...
a friend of mine suggested that maybe one of the bulbs are screwed up and to buy 2 new ones...but how would that affect the highbeams also?

i'd think if it was the relay nothing would work at all..which is almost what i do have..ugh!!
any ideas?
thanks everybody