Notices
Maintenance & Car Care Tune-ups and shake-downs...

Slip Warning Light Reset???

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2014, 05:58 PM

Default Slip Warning Light Reset???

I installed extend my seat rails in my 2012 Scion XB to get extra leg room. I misunderstood the instructions and installed the VSC module up side down and reversed. Total bonehead move on my part. It made for some exciting adventures that first time out. I corrected the problem and now the Slip warning light is on all the time. Trac and VSC are not working. I used a scanner but it said there were no issues.

Any ideas on how I can resolve the problem? I have seen videos online about using paperclips in the OBD2 port, but that really scares me.

Thanks in advance!
Old 08-19-2014, 08:38 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

I'm not sure if this will work on Toyotas, but I know on most domestic cars the way you reset all warning lights is you have to turn the key on to ignition and wait for all warning lights to turn off (the slip light should turn off after a few minutes) then turn the key off, and repeat that 3 times.

Like I said I'm not 100% sure that will work, I only know for sure that works on GM's, but I'd say it's worth a shot.
Old 08-20-2014, 06:25 PM

Thanks for the advice but that didn't fix it. I guess I will take it to the dealer. I hope they go easy on me.