Notices
Off-topic Cafe Meet the others and talk about whatever...

2nd Window Tint Ticket

Old 12-19-2008, 07:22 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default 2nd Window Tint Ticket

I just got pulled over for my second window tint ticket, what are the consequences? =(
Please no flaming or unnecessary comments as we are all car enthusiasts and window tint is important to improve the aesthetics of the car.

Unfortunately, we sacrifice our financials doing this. Thanks for the feedback guys :D
Old 12-19-2008, 08:04 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Not sure, but you'll probably have to prove you removed the tint and pay a fine.

If you're that determined to have a tint just keep paying. I don't think they can punish you more than a fine as long as you keep paying them.

Honestly though, ever consider doing a slightly subtler tint. As long as you keep rolling with your "limo" tint in Cali they'll keep going after you.
Old 12-19-2008, 10:56 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

In California you can go as dark as you want (i.e. limo tint) as long as it's not on the front driver & passenger side windows. all my windows are 5% on top of the factory, but my front windows have not been tinted
Old 12-19-2008, 01:17 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Yeah, I already had limo tint on my front windows then I got pulled over by CHP. I ripped the limo tint off then got it retinted at 35% thinking I was going to be safe. LAPD ticketed me for the 35% on the front windows which I understand and all due to the fact they can't see if theirs a gun pointed at them behind tints. I'm completely cool with the situations except for the fact if there's a huge punishment for the second ticket. Do I get a point on my record? A huge fine? =( Thanks for the feedback guys!
Old 12-19-2008, 02:09 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Hey, do they pull Out of Staters?? If so I'm ____ed on many fronts...I got illegal tint and some yellow ___ headlights...IDK Cali. laws either.
Old 12-19-2008, 02:25 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by jdmtoybb
Hey, do they pull Out of Staters?? If so I'm flipped on many fronts...I got illegal tint and some yellow butt headlights...IDK Cali. laws either.
Are you asking if they pull over Out of State folks? Sure they do, if you're driving like an a hole. but they can't ding you on mods if you have Out of State tags and DL. New Jersey has lift laws as far as raising a vehicle 3" over stock.
When I was Air Force, I had 39" tires, 12" lift and straight pipes coming out of an 87' Chevy truck. Got pulled over to make sure I was registered and didn't have any violations on my record. other than that, they couldn't touch me because the vehicle was registered in VA.
Old 12-19-2008, 04:40 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I don't see how a tint infraction can show up on your driving record. As far as I understand its not a moving violation and while not exactly the same it's similar to a parking ticket.

You can get dozens of parking tickets and not effect your driving record per se.

Also as for out of staters, if you explain you're not staying in Cali they'll probably let you go, but I think they technically can give you a ticket for mods that aren't legal in Cali.
Old 12-19-2008, 06:05 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

As far as i know, if you got your first ticket and had it corrected or paid for, then you got a separate ticket later you are okay as far as points go on your license.
However, if you got a second ticket and never corrected the first, they can mark that as a moving violation and it will show up on your record. this is how a CHP explained it to me.

Good luck!
Old 12-19-2008, 06:46 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

If you guys don't mind me asking how much was your 1st tint ticket? I have 20% up front and don't plan on taking it off.
So far cops haven't cared, but I just want to know what I am in for if I do get a ticket.
Old 12-19-2008, 06:58 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SoCal tC Club
SL Member

I'm a Tint Ticket Master, I've gotten 5

I currently have the tint off because I'm getting a new car but, anyways in Cali its just a fix it ticket. you have two options.

The cops can either make it where u "have to pay the fine off $200+" or they can make it where its fixable and you just pay $10.

IF the cop makes it where its "noncorrectable" you can take it off, then set up a court date and the judge will ask if u took it off and then he will change it to correctable meaning you will just pay the 10 bucks.

Your two options are...

You can take it off and get it signed off by CHP, then take that down to the court ticket place and you will be charged $10. That is the cheapest way because you can take it off or pay 10 bucks at ur local tint place
and to get it retinted is between 40-50 bucks so your looking at a total of $70 to pay it, get it off and put back on.

Update:

You can just pay the fine..if I remember correctly the ticket has always been $200+

Each one that I have gotten has gone up a little something like $200 then $230 then $250.. etc
Old 12-19-2008, 07:28 PM
AAG
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
DeepSouth Scions
SL Member

Not sure what would happen on your second offense, but I would recommend you to remove the front tint so you don't get a third. Unless you have $200 to blow on each offense then more power to ya LOL.
Old 12-19-2008, 08:40 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I just remembered, just for you information. January 1st many of the fees are going up. My neighbor used to work for CHP and she let me in on that little piece of info.
So it might be a good idea to take care of it ASAP no matter what you plan to do, so you do not have to pay even more.
Old 12-19-2008, 08:59 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by jdmtoybb
Hey, do they pull Out of Staters?? If so I'm flipped on many fronts...I got illegal tint and some yellow butt headlights...IDK Cali. laws either.
Yea they do, I just got pulled over in downtown San Diego the other night. The cop just grilled me with a bunch of questions. He gave a me a DUI test, asked me why I was in San Diego, etc.
He let me off with a warning tho. To quote him "Next time I see you, I'm gonna have to ticket you for the tints, cause this is our beat."
Old 12-20-2008, 02:40 AM
Former Sponsor
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team No Limitz
AlphaSquad
SL Member

Ticket King with 5?

I roll with 5% on all windows and then 20% on the windshield. I get hammered all the time for it. I just pay the tickets and go on. They do not go against your record cause they are not a criminal offense.
It is basically a money maker for them. When they try to pull the "gun thing" on me. I ask them this simple question. Do you knock on peoples doors at home? What is the difference? You can not see what is behind that door.
It usually does not help the situation. LOL... but makes a point.
Old 12-20-2008, 02:49 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Can you see out at night?!?! Thats crazy.
Old 12-20-2008, 01:30 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by NoLimitzInd
Ticket king with 5?

I roll with 5% on all windows and then 20% on the windshield. I get hammered all the time for it. I just pay the tickets and go on. They do not go against your record cause they are not a criminal offense. It is basically a money maker for them. When they try to pull the "gun thing" on me. I ask them this simple question. Do you knock on peoples doors at home? What is the difference? You can not see what is behind that door. It usually does not help the situation. LOL... but makes a point.
Don't worry, as soon as it's illegal to put a door on your house, it'll be enforced. Don't fret.
Old 12-21-2008, 02:48 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

If you want to look cool, keep paying the tickets. Just don't do anything stupid to get you pulled, so they can cite your tint.

This means use turn signals for all turns, stop 1 full second at each stop sign, stopping or riding the brakes on yellows, going the posted limit in the cities, 5-10 over on the highways.

In VA as long as you have a passenger and drivers side mirror, you can black out the rear and rear side windows. You can't have a big box inside blocking the rear view.

The front like 35 and nothing on the windshield. I had a full legal tint and never had any problems. I was pulled over for having amber windshield wiper washers, but nothing with the tint.
Old 12-21-2008, 03:07 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i can only imagine why they pulled you over for having amber windshield wiper washers lol
Old 12-22-2008, 03:50 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SoCal tC Club
SL Member

LOL I said tint master not king, and ur crazy I had 5% on everything except the windshield, I need that to see at night lol..
Old 09-10-2018, 08:49 AM
Administrator
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Administrator