Notices
Off-topic Cafe Meet the others and talk about whatever...

Turbo Toyotas: Vegas Style! Pics and --NEW-- Dyno inside!

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2007, 04:31 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

holy ____ 1500 dollars for a tune?
Old 08-19-2007, 04:41 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Mr_Meaty
Let me know when you get the kit and when your going to install. I'd like to be there.
but are you going to put the injectors in as well?
of course ill let my main man know. even though he denied me the right to meet todd at VIP because he was having his own kit put on......
jk.
ive done fuel injectors on another car before. its pretty simple. (SL curse floating over me)
Old 08-19-2007, 04:46 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

The reason I was asking, is because your car is going to run like $hit with those large injectors and no tune.
Old 08-19-2007, 04:50 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

haha. i realized that. i wont put the injectors on until i have a plan....
Old 08-19-2007, 04:52 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

You could try the base tune from Dezod? I'd like to see how that goes.
Oh, and you COULD have come to my house that morning and been there for the install. Todd was like "WTF? Usually theres a whole crew wanting to see the install!" but I couldnt' get a hold of anyone that morning but Brian and jeremy.
Old 08-19-2007, 05:09 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i had work that day. and im jk im not really mad/dont care! i worked in the morning and went to VIP at night. but i called your ___ like 10 times every hr!
Old 08-19-2007, 05:22 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I'm feeling so left out right now No turbo, no install invites, no dynoing tuning invites....forget you guys!

Oh and Meaty, you do realize AZ is below us right? Utah is "up there" *points north*
Old 08-19-2007, 05:24 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Umm...Just out of curiosity, how come you are not using Todd as a source for tunning?

You bought the kit from him, can he not tune them?

At least at the beginning when you got a kit from other companies, it was

ZPI turbo kit = base map included per ZPI
Dezod turbo kit = base map included per Dezod
GReddy turbo kit = base map included per GReddy
Turbonetics turbo kit = base map included per Turbonetics

Turbo Toyotas turbo kit = Good luck with a tune?

Not trying to be a **** here, but why is everyone sounding like chickens with their heads cut off wondering where/how they are going to get tuned?
Old 08-19-2007, 05:30 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

well the AEM F/IC Meaty is running is new to the market and when he got it no base map was made for even it. I doubt Todd has had the time to actually create a map for it. And in Vegas they don't deal with our cars too much. We have the LV speed way but they deal with american muscle, supras, subbies, you know cars like that. Our tC is everywhere here but they are all stock...except for a select few, so no tuners for us really
Old 08-19-2007, 05:51 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Ronin Scion
SL Member
Premium Member

So no tuners for AEM F/IC there in vegas? hmmm i was considering this over the ultimate but no tuners? todd could be your hope but once he is available. Yeah maybe Dezod can help you with a base map, but i've read somewhere that AEM F/IC from Dezod doesnt come with a base map so i dunno if he can create one for ya.
Old 08-19-2007, 06:58 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by rhythmnsmoke
Umm...Just out of curiosity, how come you are not using Todd as a source for tunning?

that was the original plan.
but apparently todd doenst have his own dyno. he has another tuner tune all of the cars that come down. (i believe. maybe not all but who knows)
in my situation it was difficult to schedule a weekend where todd could install everything on my car, and then have whoever tunes the car (seperate location) do the tuning on the same weekend. especically with his current circumstance.
thats why i just asked todd to just send me my kit and ill handle all of its burdens.
Old 08-19-2007, 07:16 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by amdforever
I'm feeling so left out right now No turbo, no install invites, no dynoing tuning invites....forget you guys!

Oh and Meaty, you do realize AZ is below us right? Utah is "up there" *points north*
That's why you don't get any invites...cause your a jackass! j/k
No, you said you were busy the install morning (washing up for the show, and barracks checks or something the night before) and tune took a week, so didnt' know what day exactly to go. I wasnt' even there for that!!!
But thatnks for answering travis, your right. Except, it's not the AEM that is an issue for Vegas tuners, it's the tC ecu it self. The AEM isn't much different tuning wise then the Greddy, but no one in Vegas has boosted the tC yet so they are having issues with the ECU learing everything.

And all these other companies have tuners. Todd does not do tuning, someone else does. His kits don't even come with management, so he wouldnt' have anything to tune. Dezod is still testing the AEM and they have not decided whether they are going to post a base map for that or what, but I did get one from Garabaldy who got one from JR at AEM. We loaded it up and my car would not even stay running and kept throwing codes. I'm gonna try it again, though, and see if maybe something got changed.

I would really like to see olaHalo get his kit on with the emanage and use the base map availalble from Dezod and see how that runs.

I still have a couple other guys I can call in town to see what's up...I just dont' want to waste more money one someone who MIGHT be able to tune better, just to find out he doesnt' understand the tC.
Sue probably could have done better if I gave him more time. but I needed my car back.

No matter who I get to tune next, I'm gonna bring it back to Sue so he can hopefully learn from it and then we'll have a good tC tuner in town.

Oh, and Matt, I know you were just kidding. don't sweat it. I remember you calling me all night from teh show too! Damn, wish I could have seen some drifting! and Rado!
Old 08-19-2007, 08:55 AM
aen
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i wouldn't mind seeing halo get his kit installed, or helping or wahtever. get ready for my custom kit =D

phil, yea your rims are just black right now. fun. it's a really nice black though.

i need to talk to sue about turbo, i was thinking about letting him have my car for as long as he wants if he can find a bs car to let me borrow until he finishes.
Old 08-19-2007, 09:00 AM
aen
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

oh. hey. sombody has to help me figure out what hte ____ im doing with the whole custom turbo thing. i THINK i know what im doing but i wanna make sure i have it all before i start purchasing.....

mmmmm these student loans sure are useful!
Old 08-19-2007, 12:10 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by aen
i wouldn't mind seeing halo get his kit installed, or helping or wahtever. get ready for my custom kit =D

phil, yea your rims are just black right now. fun. it's a really nice black though.

i need to talk to sue about turbo, i was thinking about letting him have my car for as long as he wants if he can find a bs car to let me borrow until he finishes.

These rims you keep mentioning, are you trying to put a red lip on them? Why not just Buy a set of wheels that already have a red lip on them.
Old 08-19-2007, 01:54 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Mr_Meaty
That's why you don't get any invites...cause your a jackass! j/k
No, you said you were busy the install morning (washing up for the show, and barracks checks or something the night before) and tune took a week, so didnt' know what day exactly to go. I wasnt' even there for that!!!
So whats your excuse for your trip to AZ and Matt's install

And yes I am indeed a jacka$$
Old 08-19-2007, 04:07 PM
aen
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Jeremy is a huge jackass. =|

just kiddinggg
Old 08-19-2007, 04:07 PM
aen
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by aen

These rims you keep mentioning, are you trying to put a red lip on them? Why not just Buy a set of wheels that already have a red lip on them.
cuz he wnats me to paint the stock ones
Old 08-19-2007, 04:18 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

At least at the beginning when you got a kit from other companies, it was

ZPI turbo kit = base map included per ZPI
Dezod turbo kit = base map included per Dezod
GReddy turbo kit = base map included per GReddy
Turbonetics turbo kit = base map included per Turbonetics

Turbo Toyotas turbo kit = Good luck with a tune?

Not trying to be a **** here, but why is everyone sounding like chickens with their heads cut off wondering where/how they are going to get tuned?
im not woried about a tune.

Originally Posted by TurboToyotas
Are the WHY Industries TurboToyotas kit Emanage pre-tuned like Dezod's?
My kits do not come with the fuel management to begin with.

Second, a base map isn't going to do you any good anyways.

Your car will run with the emange pluggd in and you can "trace" what the stock ecu is doing from there. So there is your base map.(any good tuner will know this)

The "base map" is a myth as far as I am concerned.

Besides if I supply my customers with a tune, its going to be from here in AZ(fricken hot so my tunes are really conservative), and most of what I have, your tuner is going to need to change anyways. Just more time for him to charge you for.

Hope that helps.

Regards-

Todd
Old 08-19-2007, 04:28 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Hiew, I think that's a great idea to let sue have your car for awhile. Then he can learn teh TC better and tune our cars.

Rhythm: I'm having my stocks painted. I had new rims, but they rubbed cause I'm to low, and I cna't see buying new rims if their not going ot be bigger (wider) which is the only reason fo rme bying rims. I'm getting wider stickier tires for the stock.s

jeremy annd hiew can both consider yourselves invited.

brett: thanks for finding that. I knew I saw it somewhere, but us Vegas guys getting tuned in AZ should be fine cause it's the same temp and elevation. Of course i'd rather find a local guy or have Sue increase his tC skills, but I'd rather have an AZ tune then none at all.

Quick Reply: Turbo Toyotas: Vegas Style! Pics and --NEW-- Dyno inside!