Notices
Off-topic Cafe Meet the others and talk about whatever...

wierd voodoo when using headlights (Nissan Titan)

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2009, 02:40 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Big Sky Scion
SL Member

Default wierd voodoo when using headlights (Nissan Titan)

So last week we went to Douglas Lake and I was pulling our boat with my granddad's Nissan Titan (I think it's an '04). Once we got to the mountains, it started raining and I flipped on my headlights, only to notice that the cruise control had been cut off and the "SET" light was flashing. So I figured, eh whatever...maybe they just don't want people using cruise at night or in the rain and whatnot. Butttt, a few minutes later when we were approaching some steep inclines, I pressed on the gas a little bit and it didn't feel like it was doing much. Eventually I had the pedal all the way to the floor and yet I was losing speed. Once we leveled off, I tried again to see what was up and it would accelerate, but at a very very low rate. So, considering what happened to the cruise control when I turned on the lights, I turned them off while I still had the gas all the way down. As soon as I did this, the truck just launches off like nothings wrong.

Well, once again I was just considering the only other factor that I thought could be effecting it, which was towing the boat. So later when I had no trailer attached, I tried using cruise control and accelerating hard. Both were fine with no headlights...but still when I turned them on, everything wasn't working like it should. Anyone know what may be causing this? Something shorted out? A fuse blown? Just a stupid safety feature?