Notices
Regional - Deep South AL, AR, LA, MS
View Poll Results: Are you interested in Scion Shockwave?
Yes
0%
No
0%
Need more Info
0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Gauging Interest "Scion Shockwave" Little Rock Met

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2008, 11:55 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Gauging Interest "Scion Shockwave" Little Rock Met

Gauging interest for the return of Scion Shockwave to the Little Rock Metro/AR Regional area. If you don't know what Scion Shockwave is, I will give you the short. Scion Shockwave was a car club for Scions and Toyota's that was created back in late 2004. It had the backing of North Point Scion of NLR AR, but due to the low number of people with Scions or Scions that they were showing, it didn't make it long. The car club took a back seat for a while, sitting and waiting. North Point looked at creating a new Scion car club last year, Scion Shockwave was one of the names thrown around. The car club did for North Point Scion was created, but it wasn't under the name or styling of Shockwave. This car club didn't last long, though it also once again had full backing by North Point. In the various attempts to create the car club the number ones issues were "Lack of interest, Low turn out, and the general matter of people not working for the good of the group". As the original creator of Shockwave from 2004, and seeing that that then sponsor is about to open their new location. I am looking at possibly trying to re-launch Scion Shockwave. I have secured the old myspace address and username that the car club used to have when it was active. I am also working on getting a web page up, as well as perhaps a forum of some sort, and even perhaps a chat room. The big thing is this though, its got to have backing, its got to have interest. I am on very good terms with North Point Scion still, and I know for a fact I can get their backing again. If I come to them with a good showing of support. Keep in mind that North Point will not support street racing or anything illegal, they support tuners, and those who look to mod their cars. The support people who make their Scions and Toyota's into something that makes people stop and stare and wonder what their driving, and how do they get one? So if your interested lets hear from you, post a comment, send an email, anything is cool. Let's see if LR Metro and AR itself is ready to support Scion Shockwave.

Thanks for your attention,
-R
Scion Shockwave:
email: scionshockwave@yahoo.com
Old 04-23-2008, 08:49 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

i think theres just a hand full of people on here that are from AR...

you think North Point like my turbo? i really dont want them to know its boosted anyway...
Old 04-23-2008, 09:51 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Basically the mech guys wont be paying attention to it... NP will be backing us with money, as well as maybe even a event once or twice a year like they did before. Right now I am just trying to see if anyone is even interested before I go back to them and try to launch the group again. We had a really good deal worked out with them in the previous group but the club crashed and burned due to poor leadership and lack of interest or information being passed on to group members... granted that was Shockwave but it was still a NP sponsored group.

-R
Old 04-30-2008, 04:50 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

You should come out to the Motorsports Authority show. There will be a scion class and a lot of Scion owners in attendance

http://www.msacarshow.com/