Notices
Regional - Desert & Salt AZ, NM, UT

Noob From AZ

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2013, 04:37 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Noob From AZ

What's up guys my name is James and my wife and I just recently picked up a 08 XB. I just installed the DF210's last weekend and next on the list is either rims or I/H/E. So does any one still do club meets or runs in AZ? Anyways, hope to get out and meet some people soon.
Old 01-17-2013, 09:53 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Hello and welcome. There are two Scion clubs here in Phoenix. Alphasquad and Teamaftermath. Not sure when and where they meet up but you can go to their websites to find out.
Old 01-19-2013, 04:44 PM
5 Year Member

Scionetics
SL Member

Welcome, I know alpha squad does something every other week or so like meet up at restaurants around the valley (at least i think they still do). Last time i went to the pavilion saw a few scions there but they weren't grouped up or anything. Been a while since i've been around so not to sure, if i do hear of any alpha squad meet i'll let you know.
Old 01-20-2013, 04:44 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Yeah I checked out their site, I didn't see very much recent activity going on in AZ. I'll keep checking back and would appreciate the heads up if you see something come up. I came from rock crawling and we used to meet up and do trail rides all the time. I know it's a little different when your stuck to pavement, but I think there is still some potential out there. Today I took my family up north to play in the snow and on the way back to town I did one of my favorite roads, 89A. We just took it to Sedona, but its very tight and twisty and a blast to drive. Maybe when the roads dry up and get a little safer up there ill post a day trip up and see if anyone wants in. Drive to flagstaff, jump on the 89A and take it to Jerome. Eat there then continue bombing down the mountain and head home. Just a thought. Does anyone post 'runs' up like that here?
Old 01-21-2013, 04:28 PM
5 Year Member

Scionetics
SL Member

I dont see much runs posted on here but then again i'm usually away from the forum for long periods of time. before there used to be alot of runs but lately i haven't seen much. I'm always up for run and i think there are a few others that do runs up north occasionally but i dont think they post them up on the forum they just meet up and head out. I would try to get something going but I have to head out to ocotillo well at the end of the month for a few days so been saving the little i have for that to cover gas and food. I might be trying to head to sedona next month though to get some mtn biking in i'll let you know if i make plans ahead of time.
Old 01-22-2013, 08:00 PM

If it is something that you are interested in this weekend Sunday 1/27 Import Face-off will be at Firebird international raceway. Might be a great time to get out and meet a lot of the people and do some car talk.
Old 02-20-2013, 04:19 PM
T_J
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
AlphaSquad
SL Member

Welcome, James! I'm with AZ alphaSQUAD, but I don't want to spam. Sent you a PM. Hard to go wrong with the people out here. Very good folks at Team Aftermath & in the "scene" (I hate that term...sounds pretentious) in general. Lots of awesome rides out here. People do runs too. I think last year there was at least one to Tortilla Flats & one to Mt Lemmon. Just have to keep your eyes peeled. At any rate, welcome to the site & hopefully we'll see you this weekend at the LB meet or Pavillions...//TJ
Old 02-22-2013, 04:48 PM
5 Year Member
AlphaSquad
SL Member

Welcome James! I'm with alphaSQUAD as well. Come out to the lowballers meet tomorrow and meet some people. Do you have any pics of your xb? My wife also drives a second gen xb.

Oh and dont miss "Duel in the Desert" on March 9th at Local Motors. Its being put on by alphaSQUAD and Car Street Journal.

Last edited by budha; 02-22-2013 at 07:48 PM.