What are the Suns thinking?

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2008, 04:29 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default What are the Suns thinking?

Marion and Banks to the Heat for Shaq?

Are they serious? There is no way Shaq can keep up with the run and gun offense. He'd be winded halfway thru the first quarter.

Who are they gonna get next? MJ?

Please baseball season start soon.
Old 02-06-2008, 02:45 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team No Limitz
SL Member

Yea I don't know what they are thinking
Old 02-06-2008, 05:50 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Oh come one now. Shaq can just sit under the basket the whole time since the Suns are so fast they will be right back down. LOL.

It is interesting though. Guess he wants another ring and Miami does need to rebuild
Old 02-06-2008, 07:19 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

The Suns need a legitimate post presence inside if they want to win a title in the West. They always have great seasons but end up losing in the playoffs because they get beat up on the glass and abused by Duncan and the Spurs size. They were going to lose Marion next year anyway...he is a free agent and likely would have opted out.
Old 02-06-2008, 10:51 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

shaq becoming a sun is gonna be a good thing. they need more help in da post to compete for a title.

especially since da lakers just picked up pau gasol.

maybe they can get marion back next year too!
Old 02-06-2008, 11:59 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Suns have a 7 second offence, it takes Shaq 7 seconds to recover from a dunk grrr....
Old 02-07-2008, 01:31 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
AlphaSquad
SL Member

Marion is garbage. He didnt make anyones life easier on the court. He didnt get double teams, With Shaq more open shots for Stoudamire, Nash and Hill. Its a good trade. they are a 7 second offense, but when they do have to play a half court game they look stupid cause they have no one to drop into the post with. Trust me, Suns are a better team with Shaq.
Old 02-07-2008, 04:45 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Scionetics
SL Member

I have had mixed feelings on this trade. I like Marion, but if you had listened to him in recent years. Marion wanted to be traded he had been saying that for at least the last two years.

Marion was good, but as it was said, we needed someone strong in the post. I honestly believe that Shaq will start to perform like a 30 yr old when he gets to playing with that fasted paced offence. We all know what the Phoenix trainers can do. Take a look at some of the past players they worked with. Plus from the sounds of it, all the Suns players are happy about this trade.
Old 02-07-2008, 03:56 PM
Former Sponsor
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team No Limitz
AlphaSquad
SL Member

i think this will be a good move for the suns and Shaq.We needed a big body in there. Like it had been said before, Marion wanted out a while ago. No need to keep someone that doesnt want to be there.
Old 02-07-2008, 04:23 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Scionetics
SL Member

Plus I think Marion will be a really good player for the team the Heat are trying to create. Marion was good for what he put in, but with some of the big players in the West, he just could not compete. I wish Marion the best of luck and he will be missed, but the Suns are on to bigger and better things.
Old 02-07-2008, 08:58 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Diesel power baby!
Old 02-07-2008, 11:43 PM

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SoCal tC Club
SL Member

i'm partial to the trade. marion didn't come through when it counted in the playoffs last year. if shaq does what he normally does with a new team then he will play great for the first two years. which will be good b/c he only has two years on his contract. what i won't agree with is if the suns sign him for more years for the same amount or worse more when his contract is up. i think the suns will get productivity out of him though.

i'm excited to see it happen, the big problem with the suns in the stretch was the big man position. stoudemire is mad fresh, but he's no every game, all the time center. and that what's they needed a true center. sucks though that i'm stuck watching the heat though, and the game come on late here. ::sad face::

i think this may be the year now (shoot who am i kidding, every year is the year for PHX in my eyes, LOL)
Old 02-10-2008, 04:56 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Shaq is old..that's true...he only averages 14 points and 7 rebounds...that's true

Shawn was a good player...but never showed up in the playoffs...those numbers that Shaq gets in Miami, they don't matter there...but here with the Suns, those are big numbers

my dad said it's like how the showtime lakers were before...Kareem was past his prime, so he'd just ****** the defensive rebound and let the other four guys run

i think Shaq still has some gas left in him...he's good when he's motivated..oh, check out this website www.phoenixsuns.com and make sure you have the sound on hehe

JC
Old 02-10-2008, 06:59 PM
Former Sponsor
SL Member

I agree with the trade...The Suns are obviously going to work him out and work him into their offense and better yet, their defense. The Suns get eaten alive by big men. When you shoot 40%, you need a big man to snag your misses off the glass.

You also have to look at it from the opposing coaches' shoes. Shaq just ruined whatever gameplan they thought they had. Now the Lakers and Spurs coaching staffs are pulling out all the recent Heat films and trying to find ways to keep Shaq ineffective. Oh but coaches...while you're working on Shaq, please don't forget about the rest of the 7 second team, the flair of Nash, and the shooting of both Stoudemire and Hill.

Plus, Stoudemire isn't even a 5 man. He is a pure, full-blooded 4 man(PF). Put him in his rightful place and you'll see him show up in ways you haven't seen yet.

Again, I like the trade. But, sitting here watching the Celtics tear through everything the Spurs can throw at them...good luck to the rest of the league.

Steve
Old 02-11-2008, 04:04 AM
gmf
5 Year Member
SL Member

When I first heard about the trade I was a bit against it, but the more I thought about it the more I like it. Yes, the Suns are a running team but offense is not why Shaq is here. Yes he will improve the offense by getting double teams and allowing shooters like Nash, Bell, and Barbosa get open looks. His real strenght for the Suns is going to be on defense and on the boards. The lane was a little tight with just Amare in the middle but now you have Shaq and Amare in there it will make players like Tony Parker and Manu think a little more about driving in the lane. Shaq is also a better low post defender and will allow Amare to roam and double team which can make him a more effective shot blocker. This trade could be very good in the end...
Old 02-11-2008, 11:53 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

with da trainers that da suns have SHAQ will be in good shape again and feel like a 20yr old again IMO!
Old 02-12-2008, 08:55 PM

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SoCal tC Club
SL Member

not to mention the spas in AZ!!!! LOL