Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2009, 10:28 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
StyleWagons
SL Member

Default The times and trials of M. Long and his Scionownerism

Here is my story:

Once upon a time, about 3 years ago, I decided that I was bored with the way things were going in my life... Hobbyless, styleless, and ladyless. I thought to myself, "Whatever can I do?" Then it hit me like a sock full of nickles- Buy a Scion xB!

I had wanted an xB since the first time I saw one in person but I never did have the means (credit or funds) to buy one. So I saved a bit for a down payment, went to my local Scionship and purchased a 2006 BOP box. With that said, my problems slowly drifted by the wayside. I now had a hobby of working on my car and hanging out with some of the greatest people ever! (all of you Scion owners!) My style points were immediately shot thru the roof and to the stars! And I eventually met a wonderful girl!

Now, as we all know, with wonderful girls you can get wonderful things... occasionally by wonderful surprises...

As I moved down the road of life preparing for a beautiful little girl I came to the harsh realization that beautiful little girls can sometimes be expensive. So without hesitation I did what needed to be done and sold my car. I know that a payment for a new car is not something that would help me take care of my new baby.

A few months later Chelsea and I had a perfect little girl, Ella! As we carried her out to the car from the hospital and walk towards our Ford Focus hatch ... yeah I said Ford Focus, I realized that this was no way to welcome a newborn into this world... Actually this was probably one of the worst ways ever to help make anyone on this earth feel warm and fuzzy inside. Not to mention I had began to suffer strong withdraw symptoms after having parted ways with my box... still hanging with my Scion crew, continuing to check SL daily, and I had developed a funny itch that I blame on missing my car... But that could have just as easily been something I contracted from sleeping on the airport floor in FLA after the Scion Miami trip.

Anyway, after weeks of trying to mathematically work another xB (or xD) into my budget I saw that it was just not going to work as I had hoped. So I needed to find another source of income... Something that was simple, I could control how many hours I would put in, and it needed to be fun and unique all while remaining profitable. Many different ideas came to mind, but none seemed to fit all of my pre-reqs... Until I took a look at the price of scrap aluminum. Now, I know what you are probably thinking, "scrap prices are in the gutter" and you should be thinking that because right now they are. At the time aluminum was sky-rocketing tho and living in a college town I figured I could find plenty of cans. So I began to collect aluminum cans for scrap to raise money for another Scion. For real tho, that was and still is going to be the way I do it.

On with the story, I spent every weekend night (sometimes weeknights as well) Traveling, on foot, from party to party to party bagging all of the aluminum cans that I (and sometimes friends and followers) could hold. Tailgating was another big hotspot for canning thru the summer and fall months.

Now that summer has ended and college football season soon followed canning has had to take a hiatus for the winter months. But I am still thinking of ways for next the next can season, coming up in the spring when parties will travel back outside and be easy to spot, to be even better than the last...

This is where I am going to ask a favor of someone reading this:

As you read previously I have been collecting my cans on foot so there is alot of time spent walking, loading and unloading the collected cans, and much other unnecessary foot time. So here I am asking, pleading, begging for the use of someones golf-cart! I would be extremely grateful if someone would please find the kindness within themselves to help me out and allow me the use of their leisure vehicle, at least on the weekends and nights of home football games! I have access to a trailer-wagon and a pickup to load and haul my precious pieces of my next Scion in. So the use of the golf-cart would be enough to help me a great deal.

Every time I was out I would want to throwup at the site, when I would have to leave a can lie on the ground, for there was no more room on board my shoulders for me to carry it. hahaha But for real, that would happen more often than not.

On closing my story I leave you with this:

Please notice that I am not here asking for a free car or monetary donations, I am a man and am willing to earn the extras in life, as a new car is just that, an extra. I am simply asking for the use of your (or that of someone you knows) golf cart. This may sound like a joke but I am 100% serious about collecting enough cans to scrap for the money to buy my next Scion. Thank you for your time!